Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
WCW Fan
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello again its quite obviously apparent to any wrestling fab that WWE has no real tag team division.

to me the only way i see fixing it would be to keep gabriel and slater as a tag team try and bring in team 3d and beer money reunite edge and christian and try and use some young tag teams from FCW or some of the guys lingering around from NXT

·
Registered
223 Posts
Santino and Vladimir Kozlov ALL DAY ERRYDAY!

Haha, sounds like Edge wants Christian back but the booker hates Christian for some reason.

Right now, the female tag team division is probably better than the male division right now lol.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
... by hiring some REAL tag teams and then.. I dunno - let's be crazy about this - book them into proper storylines and make them seem to CARE about the tag titles?

Simple formula, but it worked for years.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Go and get Beer Money and MCMG from TNA.
Re Hire Haas & Benjamin & Cryme Tyme.
Get Finlay out of retirement and have him team with Regal.
Sign a couple of promising Indie teams.
Also, get Booker from behind the desk and have him team with Goldsut.

With that you have a division with a whole variation of teams.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Well its obvious keep around the current teams (so that 4, Santino & Kozlov, Harris & McGillicutty(Nexus), Slater & Gabriel(Corre) and the Uso's Maybe reform cryme time, Put a random assortment of current wrestlers together maybe some teams from TNA and the indies and there you have it! (also i like the idea of Booker T & Goldust, but Maybe Cody Rhodes & Goldust)

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
I don't understand why WWE is so down on tag teams. The 'division' is even worse than the Divas division, right now. It's a good way of discovering future main eventers AND it keeps lesser guys, who wouldn't make it in single's competition, relevant.

·
copy of a copy of a
3,752 Posts
- Derrick Bateman to win NXT and go on to become champions with Bryan.
- Turn Santino & Kozlov heel in the process.
- Re-unite The Hart Dynasty. They're going absolutely nowhere as individuals.
- Build up Ryder & Primo. I'm totally DZP.
- Press reboot on The Usos and make them 2 Cool 2 (genius, I know), with their daddy Rikishi as manager.
- Turn Hawkins face and team him with Barreta, reuniting 2/3 of FCW's Dudebusters.
- Team up Percy Watson and Darren Young. Turn their partying gimmick up to 11.

There's a start.

·
Really too good to wrestle in front of all you pri
1,660 Posts
Take the belts off Kozlov and Santino and then spend some cash to get credible teams in, in particular Beer Money and MCMG from TNA, Kings of Wrestling & WGTT fom ROH. Then I'd run a program for a few months of various gimmick (i.e. Ladder Match) and multi-team tag matches on Raw and Smackdown before culminating in a 2 out of 3 falls at a PPV.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,453 Posts
Why don't they just scrap it? WWE has no desire of using it to get two relative unknowns exposure. There are no credible tag teams that exist primarily to tag team and several over and credible tag teams have been disbanded. The champs are discredited frequently in singles matches. This happened with the Harts and is happening with the current champs.
There is no RAW/Smackdown interplay with the division. WWE would much rather book a dancing competition than an 8 minute tag match.

Every week there is a "Fix the tag division!" thread. Every week there are good ideas. Every week the tag division continues to SUCK.

If WWE aren't going to care I wish they would scrap it like they scrapped the Cruiserweight division and replace lousy tag matches and comedy segments with U.S. and Intercontinental matches.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I believe that the key to having a successful tag team division is not just having a bunch of teams, but you have to have teams that are actually over. In fact, I think that 1 really good team that is over with the crowd would improve the tag division 100%. So just throwing together a bunch of random teams into the mix is not the answer. They've tried that before. Santino and Koslov are close, they are difinitely over, but more as a comedy team, even though they have evolved into a more competitive and serious team lately. What we need is the next Edge and Christian, or the next New Age Outlaws. A team that really gets people excited about tag team matches. That's a lot easier said than done though, I guess.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Let me quote one of my old posts, it saves typing it out again ;)

Assuming WWE actually want a credible division, and further assuming money is no object, what they need to do is set up a new developmental promotion dedicated almost entirely to tag-team wrestling. They would need to sign an entire roster of guys ideally suited to tag-team wrestling and let them spend 2 to 3 years working on their chemistry (they could maybe shave a year off if they signed 6 or 7 pre-exsisting teams from the indies).

Only when they've put the work in at developmental level should they start bringing these teams onto tv; this should be done over the course of an entire year to let each one get established. With that done they could maybe start putting together the odd super-team but they would still have to avoid the mistakes of the Attitude Era where they allowed too many main-eventers to randomly pair up and take the titles in their first match together.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Well, the first thing is to recruit a few tag teams. I would bring together Curt Hawkins and Trent Barretta as the Dudebusters, Percy Watson and Darren Young as the South Beach Party Boys, maybe you could bring Sonjay Dutt and pair him with The Great Khali as an Indian tag team because they seem like they would have good chemistry, bring together Primo and Chavo as Latino Warriors, put together R Truth and JTG, also you could add Mark Henry to that and make it a stable, bring up Brett Dibiase and pair him up with Ted Dibiase as The Fortunate Sons, WWE also signed Mistico and he could be in the tag division with a similar partner. Evan Bourne is also returning soon.

Here are what teams I would put together.

-The Dudebusters (Trent Barretta and Curt Hawkins)
-South Beach Party Boys (Darren Young and Percy Watson)
-The Indian Sensation or some shit (The Great Khali and bring in someone like Sonjay Dutt). I would make this team kind of like Santino and Kozlov. A comedy tag team, with a little guy and a big guy. I think they would have chemistry together.
-Latino Warriors?? (Chavo Guerrero and Primo Colon)
-JTG and R Truth. Similar gimmick to Cryme Tyme.
-The Fortunate Sons (Ted Dibiase and Brett Dibiase)

You also have the current ones

-The Corre (Justin Gabriel and Heath Slater)
-The New Nexus (Michael McGillicutty and David Otunga)
-The Usos
-Vladimarella (Santino Marella and Vladimir Kozlov)

And you could also get some more tag teams from the indies
-The Briscoes
-Kings of Wrestling

Add all those tag teams to the tag division and you would have a pretty good tag division. Sad thing is all this doesn't even seem that hard to accomplish, but the WWE doesn't do anything to improve the tag division.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
take every wretler they are nnt usung pair em up and toss em in there

·
Registered
65 Posts
South Beach Boys - Darren Young and Percy Watson
The Coore - Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel
New Nexus - David Otunga and Mike McGuillicutty
Fortunate Sons - Brett and Ted DiBiase
Kozlov and Santino
The Uso's - Jey and Jimmy
Hart Dynasty - Re-unite these guys and have them team again as heels
Daniel Bryan and William Regal
Tyler Black and Jimmy Jacobs (sign this guy, former multi-time tag champs in the indies together)
Rhodes Brothers (Dustin and Cody Rhodes)

Wrestlers available: Jack Evans, Homicide, R-Truth, JTG, Yoshi Tatsu, Petey Williams

·
The Sundance Kid
18,642 Posts
- Derrick Bateman to win NXT and go on to become champions with Bryan.
- Turn Santino & Kozlov heel in the process.
- Re-unite The Hart Dynasty. They're going absolutely nowhere as individuals.
- Build up Ryder & Primo. I'm totally DZP.
- Press reboot on The Usos and make them 2 Cool 2 (genius, I know), with their daddy Rikishi as manager.
- Turn Hawkins face and team him with Barreta, reuniting 2/3 of FCW's Dudebusters.
- Team up Percy Watson and Darren Young. Turn their partying gimmick up to 11.

There's a start.
Like your ideas but I don't understand why Santino and Kozlov would need to go heel.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts