Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...if Mark Henry held the World Heavyweight Championship all the way until WrestleMania 28, demolishing opponent after opponent, but was then finally beaten by Daniel Bryan? I know the match wouldn't be great, but Bryan is a hard worker, Henry has upped his game, and the result could be Bryan getting over as a legitimate upper card worker.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
I can't see that happening. They are building up Sheamus way too much for him to be held back that long. It would make sense to be the one to end Henry's reign also because he had a previous feud with Henry that never ended.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
If they continued his booking as is, and he remained being as clean as he has been in the ring or in matches, I would love it.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Only problem I would have is realism. No one believes Daniel Bryan would win in real life so why would people take it seriously? Also, the way WWE book Bryan, the title feud wouldn't be any good even if the match itself is.

·
Banned
822 Posts
Definitely not going to happen.

I would feel disappointed. Oh wait, I'm always disappointed.

·
Registered
583 Posts
If booked correctly, it could be an amazing road to wrestlemania for Bryan and hell, it might finally give Henry one great match at wrestlemania.

·
Registered
478 Posts
A steamroller might be impressive on it's own,but it would be damn boring to watch one compete in a race.
That's how I feel about Mark Henry.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Only problem I would have is realism. No one believes Daniel Bryan would win in real life so why would people take it seriously? Also, the way WWE book Bryan, the title feud wouldn't be any good even if the match itself is.
you do realize that martial artists despite being small has an advantage over almost anybody,right?:rolleyes:
besides,the losing streak did happen,we just have to wait and see what they're going to do with Bryan,hopefully it'll be good :D.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
you do realize that martial artists despite being small has an advantage over almost anybody,right?:rolleyes:
besides,the losing streak did happen,we just have to wait and see what they're going to do with Bryan,hopefully it'll be good :D.
Not true. That's a myth and a common misconception. Martial Arts enhance the ability of one to fight by teaching them control, techniques to hurt more and to defend better and even to attack joints and other pressure points and weak spots. If you're not a master, like Bruce Lee, Ip Man, Shaolin Monk master, it doesn't make yo invincible and you can still lose to regular people who have advantages like speed, quickness and strength over you. Also Boxing tends to >>most martial arts(like Karate/Kung fu type).

In many Kung Fu/Karate flicks, especially ones based on truth, the biggest enemy to overcome is size. The bigger person still has the advantage. Thus why DB beating Henry would be impressive and David/Goliath like. Because irl Henry would annihilate him.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Mark Henry shouldn't lose vs. Daniel Bryan

If Randy Orton, one of the most over workers in this company has lost the World Heavyweight Champions vs. Mark Henry, why Daniel Bryan would win it?

I would like to see Kane returning with the mask to destroy Mark Henry

·
Registered
6,430 Posts
Not true. That's a myth and a common misconception. Martial Arts enhance the ability of one to fight by teaching them control, techniques to hurt more and to defend better and even to attack joints and other pressure points and weak spots. If you're not a master, like Bruce Lee, Ip Man, Shaolin Monk master, it doesn't make yo invincible and you can still lose to regular people who have advantages like speed, quickness and strength over you. Also Boxing tends to >>most martial arts(like Karate/Kung fu type).

In many Kung Fu/Karate flicks, especially ones based on truth, the biggest enemy to overcome is size. The bigger person still has the advantage. Thus why DB beating Henry would be impressive and David/Goliath like. Because irl Henry would annihilate him.
and bryan is not fast quick and has no strength at all
right now bryans moves are the ones that are looking like they hurt as fuck

·
Registered
778 Posts

i see what you're saying but being a martial artists = training the soul,mind,and body.
even a rookie would have a good body because of the training,and thats not just about that,you do realize that even with an enemy who is stronger than you,there's always counters and dodges,am i not right?im not gonna bash your knowledge about martial arts because frankly,i dont have that much knowledge,but i read about them each once in a while,so maybe you know more than me.
but for Bryan having a good-built-body,no steroids or crap,and him having some martial arts background,and his training with the MMA Grappler and his kickboxing training,that really says something about what Bryan is capable to do,by the way Bryan once said that he wants to be a fighter in the MMA,so the guy is capable of a lot of stuff,besides,Bryan excels in surprise moves such as tilt-wheel-Guillotine or even the DDT-Guillotine combo that he did on superstars.
i hope the future hold what im waiting for,which is the awakening of the american dragon,the guy's got attitude.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts