Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the MITB winners (perferably a face for this scenario) kept their contract, right until Wrestlemania. A heel champion sucuessfully defends against a face challenger and then the MITB winner comes out and cashes in their shot ?

How would u feel about this scenario ? Imagine Edge defeating Randy Orton then Christian comin out, cashin in and beating him for example xD (yeah, yeah I know, not this again !) but I think it could be awesome, but Im sure a lot would think it would put a dampener on the end to Mania

Thoughts ?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Yes the christian thing is fine, but I don't think everyone would be pleased if CM Punk defeated say Cena and Kofi or a face(thats not Christian) came out and cashed in.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
I wouldn't really like a surprise cash in like that. I however would be totally happy if the MITB holder kept the case right until WM, then organised the match at Mania as RVD did at ONS. Then they had their big title match then. They could then have two MASSIVE title matches if the MITB holder cashed in his opportunity and the Royal Rumble winner did the same on the other champion.

·
Valar Morghulis
7,600 Posts
I don't really see this closing the mania show, I generally prefer a clean decisive win in the Mania main event (with a few exceptions). Obviously if booked right it could be good, but well yeah, it'd all depend on who was involved and the storyline.

·
Premium Member
43,588 Posts
I've heard people suggest that the Mania MITB winner should cash in later in the night. While that would be a shock, it doesn't make too much sense since the MITB would have had to endure a sick Ladder Match just to get the shot, and probably wouldn't be in the best condition to challenge the champion, even if he was catching him after a Title defense.

Maybe doing this MITB PPV will be a way to get around that where one of the winners holds on until Mania, and then cashes in after one of the main events. Who knows?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I would like to see someone hold on to the contract until WrestleMania. Except for Edge, no MitB winner has ever held the briefcase past June. I'd like to see someone get the briefcase and then get a massive build towards WrestleMania, where they cash it in. I think it was Mr. Kennedy who won the MitB and stated that he would cash in at WrestleMania XXIV a year later and I believe WWE was even doing a countdown for it. I thought that was a pretty cool idea. Perhaps you could even have the MitB holder screw with the champion by coming out after a couple of his matches, acting like he's going to cash in, but then just turns around. Just to play mind games.

As far as a MitB holder cashing in the briefcase after a WM main event, I'm a little iffy on that. It would probably depend on who was involved (Christian cashing in on Edge, for example, like you said, is a good idea). And I'm not saying that it can't be a heel or it can't be a face that cashes in because, like I said, it really does depend on who is involved.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't think there should be a cheap after match cash in at Wrestlemania, I can deal with it almost anywhere else... but what would be crazy, is if a MitB winner won a royal rumble... that would be insane

·
Registered
806 Posts
What if the July (face) contract holder kept his, then at Wrestlemania, the (heel) WM MitB winner cashes his in at the end of the night, then the July holder cashes his in?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Now, don't get me wrong, that would be epic, historical and really cool to see, but I don't think it should happen as it would be a complete waste of a briefcase. I get the feeling that they are using this idea of two MitB briefcases to help push two guys to the main event, so they'll probably want to take full advantage of the case and have both guys win the title. It only makes sense to me.

·
Banned
3,457 Posts
Surprise wise, I'd be all for it. I honestly expected CM Punk to do it at WrestleMania 25. If he did, his run may not have worked out as well as it did.

But, I'd rather see them build a storyline out of the case, use it as an angle. Not just to be won and used in the same night.

I'd mark if a MITB winner came out after a Main Event, stood at the ramp, shrugged off the champ and went backstage. Would be awesome, and psychologically wise would scare the shit outta the champ + put you on the radar.

·
1,817 Posts
do the money in the bank winners have a contract till wrestlemania or till next mitb ppv?
because if it was till wrestlemania then it would be predictable
i thought swagger was going come out and cash it on jericho but he did it the next smackdown :/

·
Registered
148 Posts
do the money in the bank winners have a contract till wrestlemania or till next mitb ppv?
because if it was till wrestlemania then it would be predictable
i thought swagger was going come out and cash it on jericho but he did it the next smackdown :/
That's actually a really good question. Have they said how long the MitB winner has to cash in on his title match? Perhaps they did and I missed it, but it's an interesting thought if they can hold it until next July. I mean, imagine a MitB briefcase holder getting a big match at WM to further build him up?

Also, another thing about the other MitB holder cashing in on the first - it can't happen because each contract is for a different title. And even if it could happen, why would you want to do it the first year that there are two MitB briefcases? Because once it happens, every other MitB holder will be scared to cash theirs in from that point on out of fear of getting cashed in on themselves.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its a year long contract I believe

I loved the pysche out suggestion of shruggin them off after comin out after the main event though, that would be great !

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
WWE needs to end WM with someone cashing in the briefcase.

Swagger cashed it in just a few days after WM which was useless, he should have cashed it in AT wm after edge speared Jericho when the match was done.

·
Registered
9,567 Posts
I like the idea of holding it off until Wrestlemania, but I would prefer something like this. Let's say on Raw Miz wins it and cashes it in later this year around November and win the WWE title. Christian wins the Smackdown MITB. Sometime after the Rumble, the winner, let's say Orton chooses to face Cena for the WWE title.

Let's say Swagger who is the World Champion is in the ring on Raw(since he had to be there to see if Orton would challenge him) is going on about how he is gonna have a night off at Wrestlemania, then Christian's music hit he comes out holding the MITB, Jack is freaking out thinking Christian is cashing it in right now, but Christian points to the Wrestlemania sign and it is set Jack Swagger vs Christian for the World Title as the secondary main event at Wrestlemania 27.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I like the idea, but Swagger vs. Christian is not a WrestleMania main event. Make it Edge vs. Christian and you got something that would be worthy of the big stage. But that's only if Christian was to be built over the coming months because as he is right now, he's not even close to credible enough to main event a WM.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
An awful scenario would be some one cashin in on Cena after the main event at Mania then Superman beatin them and retaining *facepalm*

·
Registered
499 Posts
Ok im going to name the winners but only for my theory to be explained properly.

Christian wins the SD MITB (think thats real), The Miz wins the Raw one. And they both hold the contracts until Wrestlemania.

At Wrestlemania they have another MITB match, Matt Hardy wins.

Later in the night, Undertaker defeats Edge (Taker wins the rumble moves to raw to challenge) to win the World title.

Outcomes The Miz, cashes in beats Taker (technically ending the streak which lays that to rest), Miz celebrates and out comes Matt Hardy, Hardy beats Miz, Hardy goes mad celebrating, out comes Christian cashes in, Christian beats Hardy. Christian ends the night as Champion. None of the others would have rematch clauses (never made it to the back to sort it out) Apart from Edge, so we have Edge vs Christian and the whole Peeps community is finally happy and nobody would have seen it coming!

Now of course I am joking.

If Miz wins then he'll cash in asap. And the other will have a small storyline with it and then cash in at some point in the future.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts