Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would you create the perfect heel?

We know charisma is a one thing you should have naturally for any role on this entertainment business, so let's say you find someone that can really engage people and get a reaction from them. What would you do to make that someone the best heel?

- What gimmick would you give him/her?
- Whom would you book it against?
- How would you introduce him/her to WWE?
- Is there someone lost in the shadows that can be given the role right now?

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
Someone that was just plain evil. Does everything they can to piss the crowd off. Isn't really "cool", just a bad guy.

·
Registered
411 Posts
someone cool and stylish and tough and doesnt loose all the time like hhh basically. you love him and hate him. always the best heels are like that...

or william regal to be fair hes a bad boy blackpool man

·
Leader of #TeamBAE
1,561 Posts
I think Triple H in 2000 is the perfect heel. He was booked so unbelievably strong. He was credible when he won and I think that's one thing that is missing from a lot of heels today. Yes heels are supposed to cheat to win, but Triple H made you believe that if he did win, he could do it outright. It was almost scary how good his character was. JBL was very good too, but the fluke thing kind of got a bit out of control, but that is the definition of a good heel, winning anyway you can.

On another note, the way Orton was booked from the time he won the title at No Mercy in 2007 until he lost it is perfect heel booking too. He won matches which made him look strong, but also used cheating tactics (like his match with Cena at NWO). Really a good blend, about when he started to take off too.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Today?

I'd have a guy walk to the ring very slowly. He would cut promos talking about how much he loves the business and deserves the championship in an actually monotone voice while looking directly downward. His matches would go on with him taking a huge beating, until he pulls off a string of moves and ends it by making his opponent tap out. He'd be booked pretty much how Cena is/was booked on his superman run.

Seriously. There would be nothing to like or care about with this guy. People wouldn't be able to ooze over his charisma or his in ring prowess. They would hate him for being monotone and repetitive with his matches.

After a monstrous title reign of at least 8 months, he would lose to someone like Daniel Bryan or Christian. Then he'd start mixing it up in the ring, become less despondent, and turn face.

Oh, and he'd probably be a big guy.

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
Depends.

Chickenshit heel? Look at guys like Ric Flair and JBL for role models

Badass heel? Look no further then HHH.

Today?

I'd have a guy walk to the ring very slowly. He would cut promos talking about how much he loves the business and deserves the championship in an actually monotone voice while looking directly downward. His matches would go on with him taking a huge beating, until he pulls off a string of moves and ends it by making his opponent tap out. He'd be booked pretty much how Cena is/was booked on his superman run.

Seriously. There would be nothing to like or care about with this guy. People wouldn't be able to ooze over his charisma or his in ring prowess. They would hate him for being monotone and repetitive with his matches.

After a monstrous title reign of at least 8 months, he would lose to someone like Daniel Bryan or Christian. Then he'd start mixing it up in the ring, become less despondent, and turn face.

Oh, and he'd probably be a big guy.
Dumb idea. Would probably get no response from the confused crowd. Also, making faces tap out won't work. It took over 2 years of ramming Cena down people's throats before he got booed, and even then, he still gets tons of cheers at non-PPVS.

·
Registered
778 Posts
i always thought about being a heel in this way:
your gimmick is the most important thing,not your mic skills,nothing.
for example,i thought about this heel gimmick under the name :the leader of failures :3
he's someone who wins with cheating,goes on the microphone talking about failure and seeing it in the crowd and in himself and wants to lead them to the light as he only wants whats good for them,automatic heat,can be used for a weak heel,any thoughts?

·
WEF's #1 Oz Mark
11,119 Posts
Simple. I'd let Dean Ambrose do whatever he wants to do.

·
The legend never dies
4,345 Posts
Perfect Heels at the time were Sgt Slaughter/ Muhammad Hassan but i dont know some people on this forum might be to young to remember sgt slaughter vs hulk hogan feud.

·
Ted the Moth
12,865 Posts
Zero redeemable qualities. The kind of things that get the Randy Ortons cheered eventually... absolutely not. I want him to toy with the audience's emotions... like if the big babyface is getting beat down I want him to make the heroic dash to the ring, tearing off his jacket... and joining in the beat down.

What would be insanely good, is if he never even insulted the audience, just said things that were true. If he said things like "Why do you people boo me? I come out here every night for your entertainment and benefit, but all you give me is hate. Oh I know why. It's because you are egomaniacal hypocrites with double standards." No cheap 'you/your team sucks'

1 - 20 of 32 Posts