Wrestling Forum banner

How would you bring back masked Kane?

4819 Views 40 Replies 29 Participants Last post by  ellthom
Okay, I know this is gonna get a lot of heat, but here's how they could do it in order to make me mark out like a little bitch:

Undertaker returns and wants revenge for being buried alive. He wants a rematch of the buried alive match. But this buried alive match will be different. This grave will be covered in flames and the loser will burn before being buried alive.

On PPV, Undertaker and Kane go all out trying to destroy each other. Taker wins by wrapping a bunch of chains around Kane to prevent him from defending himself. He then chokeslams Kane into the fiery grave. A microphone will be planted so we can hear Kane's screaming in pain. The screaming will go on for 2-3 minutes. We'll hear Kane begging Taker to help get him out. He could even say, "Mark, help me!" to make it more sincere/real. The Undertaker looks down the grave, almost questioning if he's gone too far. He will consider trying to help his little brother, but just when we think Taker is showing a little bit of remorse, he'll change his mind and give the signal to have the dirt dumped on the grave.

Kane can then take a vacation for 3-6 months to get in shape, freshen up. I'd have him return wearing his full-body suit which wouldn't show any skin whatsoever. But I'd have wearing all black, maybe a very small amount of dark/blood red colour on the front of his attire. He'd also be covered in the same chains that the Undertaker wrapped around him before throwing him in the grave.

He'd come face-to-face with Taker, no-sell anything Taker tries to do, and leave him lying in waste. I'd have one big final blow-off match with some crazy stipulation where new Kane wins clean, Taker gives him the nod of respect, and Undertaker disappears again until the next WM.

Feud over forever, and fresh, new, more-badass-than-ever Kane that I can enjoy watching again.

How would you guys bring back masked Kane, or would you even want to?
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

· Registered
1,029 Posts
Last week? He didn't even use that at first, it wasn't until he was paired with X-Pac that he went to the top rope. He could even drop it if he were to turn heel again to avoid the pop it gets, bringing back his powerbomb (which was an awesome version btw) in order to compensate for the loss of a signiture move.
Hate to go off topic here, but you mentioned powerbomb so... :p

Is it just me, or has the powerbomb disappeared?

They used to be very prevalent, but nowadays you don't see them all that much.

· I must away and tend to my ravens
12,061 Posts
Hate to go off topic here, but you mentioned powerbomb so... :p

Is it just me, or has the powerbomb disappeared?

They used to be very prevalent, but nowadays you don't see them all that much.
That's true, Taker still pulls out The Last Ride from time to time and Orton's used one a couple of times but that's about it since Batista retired. Personally I think the move was overused from the late 90s-early 00s when even the cruiserweights pulled them out regularly but now they've gone too far the other way.

· Registered
847 Posts
Okay, I know this is gonna get a lot of heat, but here's how they could do it in order to make me mark out like a little bitch:

Undertaker returns and wants revenge for being buried alive. He wants a rematch of the buried alive match. But this buried alive match will be different. This grave will be covered in flames and the loser will burn before being buried alive.

On PPV, Undertaker and Kane go all out trying to destroy each other. Taker wins by wrapping a bunch of chains around Kane to prevent him from defending himself. He then chokeslams Kane into the fiery grave. A microphone will be planted so we can hear Kane's screaming in pain. The screaming will go on for 2-3 minutes. We'll hear Kane begging Taker to help get him out. He could even say, "Mark, help me!" to make it more sincere/real. The Undertaker looks down the grave, almost questioning if he's gone too far. He will consider trying to help his little brother, but just when we think Taker is showing a little bit of remorse, he'll change his mind and give the signal to have the dirt dumped on the grave.

Kane can then take a vacation for 3-6 months to get in shape, freshen up. I'd have him return wearing his full-body suit which wouldn't show any skin whatsoever. But I'd have wearing all black, maybe a very small amount of dark/blood red colour on the front of his attire. He'd also be covered in the same chains that the Undertaker wrapped around him before throwing him in the grave.

He'd come face-to-face with Taker, no-sell anything Taker tries to do, and leave him lying in waste. I'd have one big final blow-off match with some crazy stipulation where new Kane wins clean, Taker gives him the nod of respect, and Undertaker disappears again until the next WM.

Feud over forever, and fresh, new, more-badass-than-ever Kane that I can enjoy watching again.

How would you guys bring back masked Kane, or would you even want to?
Cool story, bro.

· Stroking is the Antidote
3,171 Posts
The only reason I would choose to bring back masked Kane is so I could put together the WrestleMania match between him and Undertaker which I would dub "The Final Encounter" and it would make since seeing as this would be the third time they would face each other. And third time would be the charm as I would have Kane defeat the Undertaker, therefore ending the streak and having them both retire that night.

Now having him be re-masked would be somewhat difficult seeing as he's been without it for so long, I would need to have the perfect set-up to not only put the mask back on him, but also bring back Taker without making everything so obvious from the get go.

I'm not gonna have him do a run-in on Taker's match or give a promo about him because 1) That's cheap/lazy and 2) It gives away the story. I wanna build this up.

I would start out with Kane and Shown still being a tag team. Then suddenly they would start losing a few matches, or they would come close to losing thanks to Kane and Show would have to come in a make the save and win the match. Kane would then slowly start to go into a state of depression.

Show, noticing Kane's sudden change in mood, will occasionally ask Kane if he's alright, if there's something wrong. Kane would then shrug it off, saying that he's fine, but just a bit frustrated. As the weeks go on he would fall into a deeper state of depression and start to pull apart from Show. Like during tag matches he'll refuse to tag in because he doesnt wanna cost them the match, he wont say anything during their promos or accompany Show to his individual matches.

Then I'll start to show Kane sitting by himself in dark places of the arena. Show would be looking for him before or after one of their matches. Kane will then admit to Show that he doesnt feel like his normal self anymore, he doesnt feel like he's the same Kane, that he's changed. Of course being his friend Show will try to convince him that he's fine, but it doesnt get through to Kane.

Suddenly you'll start to see random people being laid out backstage over the next few weeks and no one knows who's doing it. Then a week later or so I would have Show walking down the hallway getting ready to leave, when suddenly he gets attacked, but it's so dark we cant see who it is. Show fights off the attacker and confronts them to see it's Kane.

Show would then get upset and yell at him asking "Why are you doing this?" "Are you crazy?" "What's wrong with you?" all of which Kane would simply claw at his head and scream "I dont know"

Then I would have Kane disappear for a few weeks, maybe a month and I guess during this time Taker would come back doing his own thing. Also during this time I would have Show give maybe one or two promos saying that he's worried about Kane, he hopes he's okay and that he returns soon.

Then when Kane does finally return I'll once again have him in this dark red part of the arena where he gives this promo. He'll be smiling saying that while he was away he took that time to figure things out, to look back at what he's done over the years to see what he's been missing. He'll say he's finally realized what it was and then he'll end the promo saying something along the lines of "Soon I'll find peace"

And that one word would hint towards Taker if the fans were smart enough to catch it. But since I doubt that they will, it'll work in my favor cause the storyline wont be so obvious.
-----------------
That's Part 1 of it, I dont wanna make a long post so I'll make a Part 2

· Registered
421 Posts
I think WWE missed a trick at/after Hell in the Cell. In fact I've been planning out and writing a btb with this incorparated (that's coming soon BTW)

Paul Bearer turned on The Undertaker at Hell in the Cell and joined sides with Kane.

Over the coming weeks, we get shots of The Undertaker, searching for something, be it in a grave yard, boiler rooms, basically anywhere dark.

The Friday before Bragging Rights, The Undertaker appears in the ring. cuts a promo about how Kane has stolen something he lost. So he found the one thing Kane used to love. He pulls out a package wrapped in black cloth. He carries on talking, about how Kane was when he first came to the WWE. (powerful etc) Undertaker reveals the item is Kanes old mask.

Bragging Right the 2 face each other. with Taker getting the win via DQ or without him winning the title. But after the match, Bearer gets the mask.

The build to Survivor Series.
Bearer taunts Taker about having his son back, the urn and the mask. Kane keeps looking at the mask.
As Survivor Series draws nearer, Kane is starting to become obsessed with the mask, hearing voice. The final Smackdown before Survivor series sees Taker and Kane in a tag match (against each other) Bearer is still carrying the mask. Taker gets the pin, over Kane's opponent.

Kane and Bearer withdraw up the ramp. But Kane is focusing on his Survivor Series opponent, he's looking at the mask.

Survivor Series.
Taker vs Kane. Burried alive match.
Undertaker gets "dominates", as Kane cant get the mask out of his head, which Bearer is holding. The 2 fight near the grave, and it looks like Taker is about to push Kane into the grave. But Bearer decides to get invovled, tries to hit Taker with the Urn. But instead, eats a chokeslam (or something) into the grave. Dropping the mask. With Undertaker disracted by Bearer, Kane takes the mask. He looks at it, goes to put it on, pauses, before finally putting it on. The mask "revitalises" Kane, who fight back with Taker. Masked Kane is dominating and eventually hitting the Tombstone on Taker. And pushing him into the grave.

Kane helps Bearer out of the grave, the 2 stand over the grave. Kane strokes the mask, turns and looks at Bearer. He grabs him by the throat and chokeslams him into the grave as well. Kane raises his hands and blows his pyro across the stage. Bathed in a deep red light the dirt is dropped into the grave. As Survivor Series goes off the air, we get a close up of Kane, masked holding the World Heavyweight Championship against the mask. starring into the camera.

From there I had few story arks in mind. Kane dominating with the mask. Kane now has the Urn. And come the Rumble (or mania build) Bearer and Taker can return together "taker having forgave Bearer's sins or something.)

· Banned
2,149 Posts
His character was made for a completely different era with more cartoony characters. Just doesn't work for today's generations.

Neither does his current "Supposed-to-be-a-monster-but-jobs-to-everybody-and-is-involved-in-comedy-skits-with-santino-marella" thing he's got going on.

· Registered
1,849 Posts
No. It's pointless.

Why try pushing the masked Kane again when everyone already knows what he looks like. Kayfabe-wise he has no reason to wear a mask again.

Not to mention he has 5 years max left in him, why bother pushing he's masked character again when he'll most likely just be putting younger stars over to finish his career.

He doesn't need a mask.

· Registered
185 Posts
just build a storyline around how the mask gave kane power and he realises this, after a long period, have hints towards him coming back (not video) and his old music hits, no one comes out. month later music hits again and have a massive sudden pyro and he walks out....

3,171 Posts
Part 2 of "The Final Encounter"

Alright, so after Kane's promo. He would then appear the next week reuniting with Show, he would apologize to him for how he's been acting and assures him that he'll be fine.

Kane then starts being more dominating in his matches and being more violent to his opponents. Hitting them just a bit harder, throwing them a bit farther and even going as far as to attack them after he and Show have won the match. Show would then tell Kane that he needs to take it easy and Kane would just smile and say that he's "beginning to feel it again".

I would then have Kane go in the opposite direction he did before and start being a little too happy, basically psychotic. I would still have him hang around the dark parts of the arena, but this time he'll be smiling, talking to himself quietly, then only words we can make out are "Everything will be fine" "You're okay" and "Peace"

Show would once again become worried saying that while he's happy Kane is back and feeling better, he seems to be more violent. Show would then tell Kane to take it down a notch. Kane would then just tell him "I'm just getting started"

Suddenly a couple of weeks later as Show goes to get Kane for one of their matches we'll see this old, beat up, black wooden box. Show will ask what's the box for and Kane will just say "It's what I've been missing" and just leave it at that. As the weeks go by we'll start to see it more and more and at the same time Kane grows more and more violent. Show will then get freaked out thinking that whatever is in the box is making him all crazy. So he tries to steal it and find out what it is.

Show will then go to Kane's usually dark spot and find the box, just as he's about to open it Kane pops up and starts viciously attacking him. Shouting things like "It's you, you and everybody else!" "You're trying to ruin me!" then he'll beat Show all around backstage with all these weapons and even the box itself. Kane will beat him all the way out to the ring and then he'll grab the mic and say "You wanna know what's in this box!" "You wanna know what I've been missing?" then he gently sets the box down in the ring while Show is still out. He then opens it to reveal the mask, gently he picks it up in his hands smiling at it, touching it, then he'll put it on. Then he'll raise his hands up to do a huge ring post explosion.

While Show is out due to the injuries I'll have Kane wreaking havoc all over the show, attacking anybody he sees fit. Then during one of Taker's matches I'll have Kane come out and attack his opponent, but not him. They'll just stare at each other, shades of when Kane first debuted. Then he'll just leave to close the show leaving Taker confused.

The next week Kane will give a promo going over what has happened over the past few months. How he was depressed because he lost himself, that he found what he was missing which was the mask. He'll explain how the mask represented the monster that he always was and when he lost that, he lost a piece of him. But he's back. I might even have him repeat some of the lyrics to Amazing Grace "I once was lost, but now I'm found. Was blind, but now I see" ending with that evil laugh.

Then the next week same thing happens again, Taker's having a match, but then Kane comes out and attacks his opponent. The two then have a staredown and Kane does the ringpost pyro thing, then he attacks Taker giving him a tombstone pildeiver. Afterwards he'll drop to his needs, breathing hard, hands up to the sky and stuff.

Next week he'll give another promo saying that he said not too long ago that soon he'll find peace and he knows the only way to achieve that is to defeat the one person who has always been with him, the one guy who has always bested him, even at WrestleMania...his brother Taker. Kane will say that once he defeats Taker on the grandest stage of them all, only then will he finally have "Peace at last"

I would have them both take a few weeks off to let it all sink in to the fans. Then Taker would come out and call out Kane, when they're face to face Taker will talk about how Kane's always been his little brother, how he's always had to look out for him, that he agrees he's always been in his shadow and he knows he cant protect him anymore like he used to. Then Taker will say how this will be his last match, the final encounter. And if Kane should defeat him, then he will finally rest in peace.

Then the Mania match happens, I would love to bring in Bearer, but WWE already ruined the idea. I would have this be the last match of the night and I would give them both these crazy entrances, they would put on this great match and in the final moments. Kane would grab a beaten Taker by the neck. Taker would stare into Kane's eyes, maybe even crying and Kane would be staring at him through the mask unable to do anything.

Finally Kane would tombstone him and pin him. Kane would then be so overcome with emotion that's he's beaten him, that they both can be at peace. The show would end with Kane raising his hands up to do the pyro, but pausing for a few minutes at first. Then finally doing it, setting off this huge explosion, with fire around the whole Wrestlemania set causing the lights to go out.

And when they finally turn back on Kane and Taker have disappeared, never to be heard from again.
------------

The End :p

· Registered
185 Posts
Part 2 of "The Final Encounter"

Alright, so after Kane's promo. He would then appear the next week reuniting with Show, he would apologize to him for how he's been acting and assures him that he'll be fine.

Kane then starts being more dominating in his matches and being more violent to his opponents. Hitting them just a bit hard, throwing them a bit farther and even going as far as to attack them after he and Show have won the match. Show would then tell Kane that he needs to take it easy and Kane would just smile and say that he's "beginning to feel it again".

I would then have Kane go in the opposite direction he did before and start being a little too happy, basically psychotic. I would still have him hang around the dark parts of the arena, but this time he'll be smiling, talking to himself quietly, then only words we can make out are "Everything will be fine" "You're okay" and "Peace"

Show would once again become worried saying that while he's happy Kane is back and feeling better, he seems to be more violent. Show would then tell Kane to take it down a notch. Kane would then just tell him "I'm just getting started"

Suddenly one week as Show goes to get Kane for one of their matches we'll see this old, beat up, black wooden box. Show will ask what's the box for and Kane will just say "It's what I've been missing" and just leave it at that. As the weeks go by we'll start to see it more and more andat the same time Kane grows more and more violent. Show will then get freaked out thinking that whatever is in the box is making him all crazy. So he tries to steal it and find out what it is.

Show will then go to Kane's usually dark spot and find the box, just as he's about to open it Kane pops up and starts viciously attacking him. Shouting things like "It's you, you and everybody else" "You're trying to ruin me!" then he'l beat Show all around backstage with all these weapons and even the box itself. Kane will beat him all the way out to the ring and then he'll grab the mic and say "You wanna know what's in this box!" "You wanna know what I've been missing?" then he gently sets the box down in the ring while Show is still out. He then opens it to reveal the mask, gently he picks it up in his hands smiling at it, touching it, then he'll put it on. Then he'll raise his hands up to do a huge ring post explosion.

While Show is out due to the injuries I'll have Kane wreaking havoc all over the show, attacking anybody he sees fit. Then during one of Taker's matches I'll have Kane come out and attack his opponent, but not him. They'll just stare at each other, shades of when Kane first debuted. Then he'll just leave to close the show leaving Taker confused.

The next week Kane will give a promo go over what has happened over the past few months. How he was depressed because he lost himself, that he found what he was missing which was the mask. He'll explain how the mask represented the monster that he always was and when he lost that, he lost a piece of him. But he's back. I might even have him repeat some of the lyrics to Amazing Grace "I once was lost, but now I'm found. Was blind, but now I see"

Then the next week same thing happens again, Taker's having a match, but then Kane comes out and attacks his opponent. The two then have a staredown and Kane does the ringpost pyro thing, then he attacks Taker giving him a tombstone pildeiver. Afterwards he'll drop to his needs, breathing hard, hands up to the sky and stuff.

Next week he'll give another promo saying that he said not too long ago that soon he'll find peace and he knows the only was to achieve that is to defeat the one person who has always been with him, the one guy who has always bested him, even at WrestleMania...his brother Taker. Kane will say that once he defeats Taker on the grandest stage of them all, only then will he finally have "Peace at last"

I would have them both take a few weeks off to let it all sink in to the fans. Then Taker would come out and call out Kane, when they're face to face Taker we'll talk about how Kane's always been his little brother, how he's always had to look out for him, that he agrees he's always been in his shadow and he knows he cant protect him anymore like he used to. Then Taker will say how this will be his last match, the final encounter. And if Kane should defeat him, then he will finally rest in peace.

Then the Mania match happens, I would love to bring in Bearer, but WWE already ruined the idea. I would have this be the last match and I would give them both these crazy entrances, they would put on this great match and in the final moments. Kane would grab a beaten Taker by the neck. Taker would stare into Kane's eyes, maybe even crying and Kane would be staring at him through the mask unable to do anything.

Finally Kane would tombstone him and pin him. Kane would then be so overcome with emotion that's he's beaten him, that they both can be at peace. The show would end with Kane raising his hands up to do the pyro, but pausing for a few minutes at first. Then finally doing it, setting off this huge explosion, with fire around the whole Wrestlemania set causing the lights to go out.

And when they finally turn back on Kane and Taker have disappeared, never to be heard from again.
------------

The End :p
pretty good...
i feel the way he puts the mask back on could be improved
and the ending is pretty awesome how you put it, but would it be right for them to never be seen?

3,171 Posts
pretty good...
i feel the way he puts the mask back on could be improved
and the ending is pretty awesome how you put it, but would it be right for them to never be seen?
For him putting on the mask I dont wanna go too over the top with it cause the main focus is supposed to be his match with Taker.

Well unless you count the HOF, lol. But I mean from wrestling they would both retire that night.

· Registered
2 Posts
If you were looking for a legitimate reason for Kane to wear his mask again, have him compete vs. Undertaker in one more inferno match, having him burn his face in the process, he disappears for a few weeks and returns as masked Kane.

I agree with a lot of people here, and I totally hate what they've done to the character, maybe I'm just bias and I miss the old days of wrestling of about 12-10 years ago, but I've been watching some old school Kane such as his debut and comparing it to now, and the character really has gone to the dogs.

· Banned
805 Posts
This the perfect way to bring the masked kane back...

He stands on the corner celebrating a victory and his fire pyro hits from the corner by accident and burns his face, so he needs to wear the mask again !!

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.