Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· I must away and tend to my ravens
12,061 Posts
I wouldn't bother but, for the sake of arguement, I would have him use the mask as another part of his attire. This idea first came to me when the MEM storyline was going on in TNA and you often saw Sting in suit without his face paint. It occured to me that we could see Kane in interviews backstage or in the ring unmasked but that he would put it on to wrestle. That would probably require him to wear a t-shirt as well when he wasn't wrestling though and that might weaken the gimmick, making the return of the mask counter productive.

12,061 Posts
I wouldnt bring him back at all. Anyone who checks my posting history knows my view on the initial run of the Big Red Machine, and THAT debut, but the key difference is that 15 years ago Glen Jacobs was way more athletic and mobile, so the character was far stronger as a result. Even if you give him 6 months off TV to grow his hair out, and bring him back trying to look like the original image, it just wont have anything like the same impact.
The thing about that is his athleticism wasn't really needed back then and wouldn't be today. Go back and look at 'Taker in his first few years in WWF, he was presumably more atheletic than he was in the last few years but did far less; the same would be true for Kane if they were able to sell the idea that the mask made him feel invincible. He would be able to far less than he does now but what he did do would have more impact.

As I said before I'm not a fan of bringing it back at this stage in his career, he's 44 ffs, but I don't think his athleticism should be the deciding factor, there are better reasons not to do it imo.

12,061 Posts
Fair enough, but then ask when was the last time he did that top rope clothesline move, or compare his movement speed and intensity to how he was when he walked down to the HIAC and tore the door off before levelling everyone in sight. He might have basically stood in the middle of the ring while people bounced off him, but you always knew he had the ability to pull something vicious out of the locker.
Last week? He didn't even use that at first, it wasn't until he was paired with X-Pac that he went to the top rope. He could even drop it if he were to turn heel again to avoid the pop it gets, bringing back his powerbomb (which was an awesome version btw) in order to compensate for the loss of a signiture move.

12,061 Posts
Hate to go off topic here, but you mentioned powerbomb so... :p

Is it just me, or has the powerbomb disappeared?

They used to be very prevalent, but nowadays you don't see them all that much.
That's true, Taker still pulls out The Last Ride from time to time and Orton's used one a couple of times but that's about it since Batista retired. Personally I think the move was overused from the late 90s-early 00s when even the cruiserweights pulled them out regularly but now they've gone too far the other way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.