Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I know this is gonna get a lot of heat, but here's how they could do it in order to make me mark out like a little bitch:

Undertaker returns and wants revenge for being buried alive. He wants a rematch of the buried alive match. But this buried alive match will be different. This grave will be covered in flames and the loser will burn before being buried alive.

On PPV, Undertaker and Kane go all out trying to destroy each other. Taker wins by wrapping a bunch of chains around Kane to prevent him from defending himself. He then chokeslams Kane into the fiery grave. A microphone will be planted so we can hear Kane's screaming in pain. The screaming will go on for 2-3 minutes. We'll hear Kane begging Taker to help get him out. He could even say, "Mark, help me!" to make it more sincere/real. The Undertaker looks down the grave, almost questioning if he's gone too far. He will consider trying to help his little brother, but just when we think Taker is showing a little bit of remorse, he'll change his mind and give the signal to have the dirt dumped on the grave.

Kane can then take a vacation for 3-6 months to get in shape, freshen up. I'd have him return wearing his full-body suit which wouldn't show any skin whatsoever. But I'd have wearing all black, maybe a very small amount of dark/blood red colour on the front of his attire. He'd also be covered in the same chains that the Undertaker wrapped around him before throwing him in the grave.

He'd come face-to-face with Taker, no-sell anything Taker tries to do, and leave him lying in waste. I'd have one big final blow-off match with some crazy stipulation where new Kane wins clean, Taker gives him the nod of respect, and Undertaker disappears again until the next WM.

Feud over forever, and fresh, new, more-badass-than-ever Kane that I can enjoy watching again.

How would you guys bring back masked Kane, or would you even want to?

· Registered
229 Posts
TBH I think that masked Kane was made for a different time and i'm not sure that it would be right to bring him back now.....I dont like the Kane we have now its not really how I always liked him.....I think he was better with the mask...........However the moment has gone for masked Kane

· Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TBH I think that masked Kane was made for a different time and i'm not sure that it would be right to bring him back now.....I dont like the Kane we have now its not really how I always liked him.....I think he was better with the mask...........However the moment has gone for masked Kane
I think a REINVENTED masked Kane could work.

· Registered
2,510 Posts
If it wasn't PG, I'd put a storyline in where he gets badly burnt again so he needs the mask.

But for PG, it could go a similar way Austin made it before he unmasked. Get someone to convince him he's not the monster he once was, that he's been pushed down to lower levels instead of fighting for the championship like he used to. Then tempt him with his old school costume, then after a couple of weeks absence, he makes a surprise return and smashes people up.

· I must away and tend to my ravens
12,225 Posts
I wouldn't bother but, for the sake of arguement, I would have him use the mask as another part of his attire. This idea first came to me when the MEM storyline was going on in TNA and you often saw Sting in suit without his face paint. It occured to me that we could see Kane in interviews backstage or in the ring unmasked but that he would put it on to wrestle. That would probably require him to wear a t-shirt as well when he wasn't wrestling though and that might weaken the gimmick, making the return of the mask counter productive.

· Shitting On The Bastards Below
1,281 Posts
what I would probably do is go on youtube and search for an epsiode of raw from 1998 and hey presto he's back

Reactions: Thumbinthebum

· Registered
2,365 Posts
I wouldnt bring him back at all. Anyone who checks my posting history knows my view on the initial run of the Big Red Machine, and THAT debut, but the key difference is that 15 years ago Glen Jacobs was way more athletic and mobile, so the character was far stronger as a result. Even if you give him 6 months off TV to grow his hair out, and bring him back trying to look like the original image, it just wont have anything like the same impact.

12,225 Posts
I wouldnt bring him back at all. Anyone who checks my posting history knows my view on the initial run of the Big Red Machine, and THAT debut, but the key difference is that 15 years ago Glen Jacobs was way more athletic and mobile, so the character was far stronger as a result. Even if you give him 6 months off TV to grow his hair out, and bring him back trying to look like the original image, it just wont have anything like the same impact.
The thing about that is his athleticism wasn't really needed back then and wouldn't be today. Go back and look at 'Taker in his first few years in WWF, he was presumably more atheletic than he was in the last few years but did far less; the same would be true for Kane if they were able to sell the idea that the mask made him feel invincible. He would be able to far less than he does now but what he did do would have more impact.

As I said before I'm not a fan of bringing it back at this stage in his career, he's 44 ffs, but I don't think his athleticism should be the deciding factor, there are better reasons not to do it imo.

· Registered
2,365 Posts
The thing about that is his athleticism wasn't really needed back then and wouldn't be today. Go back and look at 'Taker in his first few years in WWF, he was presumably more atheletic than he was in the last few years but did far less; the same would be true for Kane if they were able to sell the idea that the mask made him feel invincible. He would be able to far less than he does now but what he did do would have more impact.

As I said before I'm not a fan of bringing it back at this stage in his career, he's 44 ffs, but I don't think his athleticism should be the deciding factor, there are better reasons not to do it imo.
Fair enough, but then ask when was the last time he did that top rope clothesline move, or compare his movement speed and intensity to how he was when he walked down to the HIAC and tore the door off before levelling everyone in sight. He might have basically stood in the middle of the ring while people bounced off him, but you always knew he had the ability to pull something vicious out of the locker.

12,225 Posts
Fair enough, but then ask when was the last time he did that top rope clothesline move, or compare his movement speed and intensity to how he was when he walked down to the HIAC and tore the door off before levelling everyone in sight. He might have basically stood in the middle of the ring while people bounced off him, but you always knew he had the ability to pull something vicious out of the locker.
Last week? He didn't even use that at first, it wasn't until he was paired with X-Pac that he went to the top rope. He could even drop it if he were to turn heel again to avoid the pop it gets, bringing back his powerbomb (which was an awesome version btw) in order to compensate for the loss of a signiture move.

· Registered
2,365 Posts
We seem to be arguing basically the same opinion, so lets agree to differ slightly in our reasons.

Reactions: Thumbinthebum
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.