Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,207 Posts
It does have to happen at some point. May not be until sometime in mid 2021-late 2021 though. Becky is showing no signs of slowing down as far as being a babyface. She’s still hella over and fans WANT to cheer her. When they tried to turn her back in Sept of last year, it failed horribly. She shit on the crowd and still got cheered...and has been cheered ever since. If they tried to turn her now, there is no babyface female who is established enough as babyface for the turn to work. Except for maybe Rhea Ripley.

So to answer your question, I think their only option is to strap a rocket to Ripley as the next big thing, call her up to the main roster, and have Becky attack her for becoming the new “Man”. Then at that point, if Rhea is popular enough, the heel turn would work. But as it stands now, no one is booing Becky. There’s no reason to boo her. Beckys charisma and presence are far too attractive. And she’s still seen as entirely deserving of everything they have given her plus more. Even if Rousey were to come back as a babyface it wouldn’t work.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
They can't turn her, there's no replacement babyface nearly as over. So she wouldn't get heat.

She would get heat helping Seth screw someone over, but how does that help the women's division? Even if they hotshotted Ripley to RAW I doubt the casual audience would cheer over Becky, they don't know her.
Becky uses AoP as bodyguards and low blows KO during a match with Rollins
Honest to god I thought that was gonna happen on monday at first.

I was like "This match can't have a clean finish and Becky hasn't been on the show yet...does that mean???" But nah, she just wasn't on the show for some weird reason.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Have her cheat to beat Ronda in a 1 on 1 match at a big event. Becky’s act is much more suited as a heel. She’s a fake tough guy / illegitimate badass. She talks a big game but nobody buys the act. It’s perfect heel stuff. The hardcores that like her will like her even more as a heel and I think it would reduce the tune out factor she has with casuals.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Turn her heel and turn Lacey and Corbin face and let's run back that mixed tag feud from the summer with roles reversed :money:

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
I will book her as overconfident character and feel there's no women at RAW could beat her or make the RAW women's title start corrupt her and she can't lost the title and she will use dirty tactics ,just to make that title is still on her hands.

The question is, who is the right opponent to make her get hate from fans, give her Charlotte, the plan will be totally backfire. Asuka? Despite she can do that but she's happy now with her current role with Kairi as tag team and they're heel.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
You know what.. If they are going full on with the heel turn, I would have Becky hear it from Seth and then knock him out on his ass... If you want her to be a badass, at least go full on with it, not selectively with both of them... I wouldnt put Becky with Seth, maybe Charlotte ..She is a really good heel, play the betrayal angle for a bit including on twitter...

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Inevitable? She's the second most popular person in the WWE with no replacement for her once she eventually loses the Raw Women's title. With how poorly WWE books the majority of their heels it would be pretty stupid to see Becky go from a fighter who'll take on anyone to someone that runs and hides from conflicts. If anything, I'd just keep her character similar to what it is now only she hates faces a lot more than she hate heels.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
If Seth is heel now just have them as a onscreen heel couple like how Triple H and Stephanie were, only difference is Becky can wrestle.

·
The Babyface of WF
10,504 Posts
The only way you are turning her Heel is when someone more over than her has come around with the same organic popularity she has.

People will say Rhea but I'd wait until she remains consistently over before shoehorning the idea she will surpass Becky Lynch.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Low blowing one of Seth's opponents would do the trick, but then who replaces her as top female babyface? Charlotte has been rejected by fans before & Nattie isn't close to being top face material. Asuka & Kairi are talented enough but they are Japanese & Vince wants his top babyface talking every week.

The longer she holds the belt, the staler she will get, that's not a dig at Becky, it goes for all title reigns in WWE. Turning heel as champion like CM Punk would be great for her character, unfortunately though Becky doesn't have a Rock, Cena or Ryback to work with. The depth of the women's division is crazy low.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts