Wrestling Forum banner

How would you book the finish to the Orton/Barrett match?

• Orton wins with a clean pinfall

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Orton wins with Cena screwing Barrett

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Orton wins by forcing Cena to count the pin

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Orton forces Barrett to tap out

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Barrett wins with a clean pinfall

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Barrett wins with Cena screwing Orton

Votes: 25 32.9%
  • Barrett wins by forcing Barrett to count the pin

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Barrett wins by forcing Orton to tap out

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Orton wins but is beat down by Nexus with Miz cashing in

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Barrett wins but is beat down by Cena with Miz cashing in

Votes: 24 31.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I personally would have Barrett beat Orton with Cena reluctantly counting the three. Barrett celebrates and as he turns around Cena clocks him, hits the Attitude Adjustment on him, beats him down with a steel chair then fights off Nexus with the chair. Once Nexus is cleared, Miz comes out with Alex Riley and cashes it in with Cena being the referee and costing Wade Barrett the WWE title (Or something along those lines).

Edit: On one of those options, it's supposed to say Barrett wins by forcing Cena to count the pin. Which basically means Barrett hits the Wasteland and orders Cena to count the pin, which he reluctantly does.

·
Asuka
96,480 Posts
I'm amazed you created a scenario where Barrett is recognized as a former WWE Champion. I'm impressed.

Anyway, I'l bite. The bell rings, Barrett charges at Orton, picks him up for a Wasteland, hits it and covers Orton while Cena counts. 1, 2, 3, Barrett wins in about 8 seconds flat. Barrett then gets Cena to raise his hand, and spits in Orton's face while he's laying on the ground. Cena then gives Barrett an AA, then brings him outside and gives him an AA through the announce table. Miz comes out with Riley, who drags Barrett into the ring, Miz cashes in the MITB, gives Barrett a Skull Crushing Finale and Cena counts the 1, 2, 3. Then Miz announces that he and Riley are co-WWE Champion, which in addition to a WWE title reign, also gives Riley an official contract.

Well, you asked what I wanted, not what was realistic. :$

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm amazed you created a scenario where Barrett is recognized as a former WWE Champion. I'm impressed.

Anyway, I'l bite. The bell rings, Barrett charges at Orton, picks him up for a Wasteland, hits it and covers Orton while Cena counts. 1, 2, 3, Barrett wins in about 8 seconds flat. Barrett then gets Cena to raise his hand, and spits in Orton's face while he's laying on the ground. Cena then gives Barrett an AA, then brings him outside and gives him an AA through the announce table. Miz comes out with Riley, who drags Barrett into the ring, Miz cashes in the MITB, gives Barrett a Skull Crushing Finale and Cena counts the 1, 2, 3. Then Miz announces that he and Riley are co-WWE Champion, which in addition to a WWE title reign, also gives Riley an official contract.

Well, you asked what I wanted, not what was realistic. :$
Tbh I wouldn't mind that, well maybe without the 8 second squash but other then that I wouldn't mind the idea.

·
kazooing my way to awesomeness
161 Posts
I can see them kicking out Otunga as a swerve on Smackdown. We have a period towards the end of the match in SS where Cena is knocked down. Otunga comes to the ring. Orton and Barrett get up off the matt as Otunga comes in. Otunga pauses, who's he going to hit? attacks Orton, puts on a nexus top and leaves, Cena comes round to see Barrett hit wasteland and get the 1 2 3

It keeps Cena face. Orton loses but not clean. Barrett and Otunga get massive heat for cheating. Then we see Cena beat down on Barrett and the fued between them increase a few notches for the RR.

Not brilliant but it's just how I see it going.

·
Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
12,954 Posts
The last thing Cena wants is for Barrett to win the title but there is a way Cena can be free of Nexus and Barrett not have the title.

Earlier in the night, we see Cena come up to Miz and asks to speak to him in private. Miz acts like a smartass as usual but then Cena whispers in Miz's ear and suddenly, the Miz is interested. Segment ends.

Later in the night, it's getting close to the ME between Barrett and Orton. Cena says he wants to talk to Barrett in private. Away form the Nexus locker room. Barrett says that anything that Cena has to say, he can say in front of the entire Nexus. Cena mentions that he needs to form a battle plan with Barrett so that Barrett can beat Orton. Cena says he knows a secret about Orton that only Barrett needs to know about. Barrett then orders the other members of Nexus to leave the locker room so Cena can talk to Barrett in private. (Keep in mind that Cena is already in ref gear.) So Cena tells Barrett some bullshit and Barrett scolds Cena and tells him that his info is useless.

Then Cena gets his cue that the ME is starting and to come out to the ring. Barrett is then seen backstage pacing with intense focus. He's about to leave the locker room to let Nexus know that he's about to go out but is distracted by a WWE official who says he has to go out now. Barrett then says "It doesn't matter. All I need is Cena to win this one." He exits the locker room and tells the Nexus, who are waiting outside, that he doesn't need them for this one and to wait in the locker room and watch the match from there. Barrett comes out, alone. Cena is waiting on the side of the ring. Barrett yells at Cena from the ring that he better not screw this up or Cena will never wrestle in the WWE again. Orton comes out and Barrett and Orton have a stare down before the match begins.

Fast forward about 20 minutes after the beginning of the match. Both men are very tired and Orton is about to go for the RKO but Cena distracts him and gives him an FU. Barrett then picks up Orton and nails him with the Wasteland for the 3 count. Cena then gives Barrett the belt but has a huge smile on his face. Barrett says that he's free from the Nexus before hitting Cena with the belt and giving him the Wasteland. Barrett then signals for the rest of Nexus to come out to celebrate. Nexus music hits. Barrett waits. No one comes out. Barret is very frustrated and is about to leave the ring when on the titantron, it shows Alex Riley backstage near the Nexus locker room. The locker room is barricaded and you can hear pounding from the other side of the door. Barrett then begins to run down the walkway when Miz's music hits and Barrett stops dead in his tracks.

Out comes Miz with the briefcase! He runs straight to Barrett and attempts to whack him with the briefcase but Barrett ducks and hits Miz with the title instead. Barrett then drags the Miz to the ring and beats on him for a minute but Miz gains the upper hand and beats on an already tired Barrett. Barrett then backs up and attempts to exit the ring but runs right into a revived Cena. Barrett has a look of shock on his face and slowly turns around until Cena heaves him up and plants Barrett with the FU. The Miz then runs to get his briefcase and Riley runs to the ring with a referee. The Miz then waits for Barrett to get up and Barrett is unaware as The Miz whacks him with the briefcase and nails the Skull Crushing Finale on Barrett. The Miz then demands to cash in his MITB briefcase on Barrett. The bell rings. Miz makes the cover for the 3 count.

Orton is then seen backstage pulling apart the barricade that The Miz and Riley set up against the Nexus locker room. Orton then runs away as the Nexus exit the locker room and run towards the arena in a fury. The Miz and Riley are beat down and Cena tries to help but is beat down too. Barrett staggers towards the rest of the group, spits at Cena whose laying helplessly on the ground and dumps the WWE title on Miz. He gets close to Miz's dazed face and utters the words "You're a dead man." as Survivor Series goes off the air.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The last thing Cena wants is for Barrett to win the title but there is a way Cena can be free of Nexus and Barrett not have the title.

Earlier in the night, we see Cena come up to Miz and asks to speak to him in private. Miz acts like a smartass as usual but then Cena whispers in Miz's ear and suddenly, the Miz is interested. Segment ends.

Later in the night, it's getting close to the ME between Barrett and Orton. Cena says he wants to talk to Barrett in private. Away form the Nexus locker room. Barrett says that anything that Cena has to say, he can say in front of the entire Nexus. Cena mentions that he needs to form a battle plan with Barrett so that Barrett can beat Orton. Cena says he knows a secret about Orton that only Barrett needs to know about. Barrett then orders the other members of Nexus to leave the locker room so Cena can talk to Barrett in private. (Keep in mind that Cena is already in ref gear.) So Cena tells Barrett some bullshit and Barrett scolds Cena and tells him that his info is useless.

Then Cena gets his cue that the ME is starting and to come out to the ring. Barrett is then seen backstage pacing with intense focus. He's about to leave the locker room to let Nexus know that he's about to go out but is distracted by a WWE official who says he has to go out now. Barrett then says "It doesn't matter. All I need is Cena to win this one." He exits the locker room and tells the Nexus, who are waiting outside, that he doesn't need them for this one and to wait in the locker room and watch the match from there. Barrett comes out, alone. Cena is waiting on the side of the ring. Barrett yells at Cena from the ring that he better not screw this up or Cena will never wrestle in the WWE again. Orton comes out and Barrett and Orton have a stare down before the match begins.

Fast forward about 20 minutes after the beginning of the match. Both men are very tired and Orton is about to go for the RKO but Cena distracts him and gives him an FU. Barrett then picks up Orton and nails him with the Wasteland for the 3 count. Cena then gives Barrett the belt but has a huge smile on his face. Barrett says that he's free from the Nexus before hitting Cena with the belt and giving him the Wasteland. Barrett then signals for the rest of Nexus to come out to celebrate. Nexus music hits. Barrett waits. No one comes out. Barret is very frustrated and is about to leave the ring when on the titantron, it shows Alex Riley backstage near the Nexus locker room. The locker room is barricaded and you can hear pounding from the other side of the door. Barrett then begins to run down the walkway when Miz's music hits and Barrett stops dead in his tracks.

Out comes Miz with the briefcase! He runs straight to Barrett and attempts to whack him with the briefcase but Barrett ducks and hits Miz with the title instead. Barrett then drags the Miz to the ring and beats on him for a minute but Miz gains the upper hand and beats on an already tired Barrett. Barrett then backs up and attempts to exit the ring but runs right into a revived Cena. Barrett has a look of shock on his face and slowly turns around until Cena heaves him up and plants Barrett with the FU. The Miz then runs to get his briefcase and Riley runs to the ring with a referee. The Miz then demands to cash in his MITB briefcase on Barrett. The bell rings. The Miz then waits for Barrett to get up and Barrett is unaware as The Miz whacks him with the briefcase and nails the Skull Crushing Finale on Barrett for the 3 count.

Orton is then seen backstage pulling apart the barricade that The Miz and Riley set up against the Nexus locker room. Orton then runs away as the Nexus exit the locker room and run towards the arena in a fury. The Miz and Riley are beat down and Cena tries to help but is beat down too. Barrett staggers towards the rest of the group, spits at Cena whose laying helplessly on the ground and dumps the WWE title on Miz. He gets close to Miz's dazed face and utters the words "You're a dead man." as Survivor Series goes off the air.
That'd be great.

·
Premium Member
43,719 Posts
Either way, the decision should hinge on Cena. No coercion from either side.

The options are...

A) Have Cena stand for what's right, call the match down the middle, Orton wins, and then Barrett fires him. The story then becomes one of Cena trying to get his job back & possibly acting as a rebel that sneaks into shows, buys tickets & jumps the rails to attack Barrett, etc.

B) Cena helps Barrett win in order to free himself from Nexus, and basically turn him heel. He would have an understandable character motive for his actions, in addition for the years of disrespect from large portions of the fanbase despite always doing the right thing. So its not a turn that would feel forced or manufactured.

Either option is acceptable for giving us an interesting storyline direction I think, and could greatly benefit Cena as a character. There is very little room for a cop out here like they did last PPV.

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
Barrett wins by forcing Barrett to count the pin. Its the obvious choice. :p

B) Cena helps Barrett win in order to free himself from Nexus, and basically turn him heel. He would have an understandable character motive for his actions, in addition for the years of disrespect from large portions of the fanbase despite always doing the right thing. So its not a turn that would feel forced or manufactured.
Sounds pretty good I think. But if something like this does happen I doubt it would be a full fledged turn. IF a heel turn was to occur, it would be at WM or something.

However, I do like this idea, because it gives the appearance that Cena is a heel, doing a heelish act by screwing the face champion, while insisting that he was doing it to keep his job doing what he loves, still trying to play the good guy. He starts to lose cheers from this point until his eventual (hopeful) heel turn. Thats how I would book it anyway.

·
Registered
481 Posts
First of all sorry for any grammar mistakes but this has been typed on my phone .Anyway i'd personally i'd have orton lose the belt after barret hits him with a chair or something of the sort. Miz comes out goes to cash in mitb, hitting a scf. Cena goes down to make the count. He counts 1, counts 2 then stops the count smiles, takes off his ref shirt revealing a nexus shirt and nails an aa on the miz. Barret makes the cover Cena counts the three. Cena then cuts a promo about he taught the wwe universe about hustle loyalty and respect yet they haven't respected him for years now, how they haven't got any respect so they got hustled, finishing off the promo by saying your either nexus or against and cena is definetely nexus.

·
Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
12,954 Posts
Trips comes back and buries them all imo.
Triple H will return to finish his feud with Sheamus. Count on it.

I'd have him come back at SS to attack Sheamus which will let everyone know to tune into Raw the next night meaning huge ratings. Add to the fact that every Raw after a PPV does slightly better than others and it's the Raw before Thanksgivng and we're talking about a memorable Raw that will garner good ratings.

·
Really too good to wrestle in front of all you pri
1,660 Posts
Barrett wins WWE title, Cena screws Orton via AA and remains in the Nexus, though no longer tied to Barrett's orders. Barrett defends against Orton and Cena in a Ladder match at TLC, retaining clean (well as clean as a Ladder match can be) and Miz cashes in at the end.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I honestly don't know.

Cena should only turn heel in a great event like a Wrestlemania, I don't think this angle would gain with the heel turn, it only would put the actual Nexus and Wade Barrett to a secondary place.

If Barrett wins and Miz cashes in and wins he would become kind of a babyface and I don't think Miz suits that, this angle would be perfect if we had a big potencial face like a Mr. Anderson with the briefcase to make the "save" but it's not the case.

I only hope Barrett wins it either way 2010's Orton is almost as stale as Ted DiBiase Jr.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
I think that Wade Barrett has been booked very strongly so if they give him a really weak finish for the win just to make Randy Orton look good it will make Wade Barrett's win meaningless and he will be seen as a weak champion so now that the anonymous Raw General Manager has made Orton/Barrett a no disqualification match i would just be happy with a norman Nexus beatdown leading to the win.

I would book it like this, with Randy Orton looking as if he is going to win the match and John Cena looking on and not knowing what John Cena stops Randy Orton just as he is about to hit an RKO on Wade Barrett which leads to a confrontation between John Cena and Randy Orton. Just as this is happening Justin Gabriel, Heath Slater, Joe Hennig and Husky Harris run down and are about to get in the ring and John Cena stops them but from the other side David Otunga comes in and hit's Randy Orton with the WWE title which makes Randy Orton walk right into Wade Barrett who hit's Wasteland and John Cena makes the count.

After the match John Cena attacks Wade Barrett but is jumped by the rest of The Nexus who then proceed to destroy John Cena and Randy Orton leaving them laying and badly beaten in the ring whilst Wade Barrett is hoisted up on the shoulders of David Otunga, Joe Hennig and Husky Harris with the WWE title whilst Justin Gabriel and Heath Slater stand on the ring corners with the tag team titles held up showing the dominance of The Nexus and that end's the show.

Sometimes less is more and in keeping this part of the storyline nice and simple it will allow the storyline to move along with no complications, at this point in the storyline it would seem very rushed to have a major swerve or shock and wouldn't make any sense either so play it safe. At the next PPV which i think is TLC we would see Randy Orton get his rematch which we can say for arguments sake it is a Ladder match and just as Randy Orton is about to climb up and grab the WWE title he is attacked by The Nexus, then out comes John Cena who attacks The Nexus and grabs a chair and after fending off The Nexus he goes to hit Wade Barrett with the chair but he ducks and he hits Randy Orton instead.

As John Cena stares looking at what he has done the rest of The Nexus attack him and throw him from the ring as Wade Barrett climbs up the ladder and grabs the WWE title to retain and it ends Randy Orton's involvement as far as number one contender for the title in the storyline goes. This is also a very simple way of setting up John Cena and Wade Barrett at The Royal Rumble as heavily rumoured of late at the same time and if John Cena won that match he could then retain at The Elimination Chamber PPV in a rematch before going on to face Randy Orton at WrestleMania 27 either one on one or in a Triple Threat with Wade Barrett also involved and then we wouldn't see a John Cena heel turn coming as easily.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Miz taking the title from Barrett would be too much of a mixed response from the crowd with just one heel taking the belt from another heel. To me the key way to make both Barrett and Miz is to do the inversion:

Wade wins the title and various people on Raw actually want him to cash thus getting the WWE Championship out of Nexus' hands and are pressuring him to do so... but Miz refuses.

Build it up with guys like Morrison, Bryan, even Cena all telling him that Miz can be the savior and leader to Raw that he claims he is, if he's willing to step up and get the title off of Barrett. Maybe have Miz tease a few times, with each incident getting him closer and closer. And one night Barrett is on his own and it seems like Miz will truly be awesome and get the title off out of Nexus... only he ends up being a chickens*** and bails.

Fast forward to when Cena/Orton finally gets the belt off of Barrett, helping to bring the reign of Nexus down, truly the WWE has won... and then we hear "Awesome!" And to the disgust of everyone (possibly even Michael Cole) Miz comes out and wins his first WWE championship.

So what was to be a night of genuine celebration with Raw's true hero doing what was necessary and conquering the evil despot champion... is tainted by the actions of a one piece of s*** coward who chose to go the easy route and cheat his way to gold rather than step up when he needed to.

That to me could turn Miz into the top heel (possibly making him) and still give Barrett a respectable title reign.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts