Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I speak for the majority of the IWC that after the inevitable match with Cena at Wrestlemania, he needs to retire. How would you book the last few matches of The Deadman's career?

It's probably just me, but I'm having trouble envisioning how it will be booked; putting his career AND his streak on the line at the same time? Might not be thought of as "fair", especially since Cena has nothing of note to give up.

Have him win at WM, and have him leave the business on his back at some other PPV? It'd seem like a big letdown if he didn't get his send off at Mania, though - is it possible to have him go 20-0 AND get a send off at the biggest stage of them all?

How they book his last feud will be interesting too - will they make him seem weak, and have his opponent taunt him at every opportunity about being too old, too weak, that he's lost it, that he's no longer the demon from death valley? And book him as the underdog in the WM match, suddenly getting a dominant stretch in at the end to prove he's still got it?

Thoughts?

·
Registered
559 Posts
imo, they should book it where either way it is his last match at mania against cena. leaving the question will he go out 20-0 or will he lose and have his streak ended b4 he retires. theres no doubt that he should retire at mania. i personally dont think he should lose, especially to cena, but either way his 20th mania match should be his retirement match.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
20-0 at Mania against John Cena. I'd love to see Kane getting involved somehow too. Just FINALLY finished on what they've been doing for years.

·
Resident Old Man
3,677 Posts
Its been said before. In a nutshell, have him win his mania match, then have the lights go out, druids come down, Paul Bearer stand at the entrance with the urn and basically tell Taker its time to come home. Taker walk out with the druids and never be seen again.

WWE basically ruined it with Paul coming back already.

Don't know what they will do now, but IMO, it would be great if he broke character to say goodbye.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Most retirement match options would be ineffective - he returns so often from being buried alive, locked in a casket etc. that it needs to be something phenomenal to end his career, like a 2 out of 3 falls match where he gets locked in a casket AND buried alive!

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
Final match against a heel John Cena at Wrestlemania.

The best part about that is that, 20-0 or 19-1, no matter what happens The Streak will forever be known in WWE history. But I honestly think Undertaker should be defeated at Wrestlemania once and for all.

As for the booking the ending, I say the match has Undertaker's career on the line and he loses. He then walks down the aisle with the Druids and Paul Bearer. The ground opens up, and Undertaker walks through it, burying himself alive on his own accord once and for all.

·
Registered
364 Posts
The Undertaker's career should end at WM 20 by Cena beating him with the 5 moves of doom.It would be awesome.

·
Registered
210 Posts
cena vs taker at wrestlemania is a dream match for me. I'm a huge fan of both. Cena ending the streak could be good if done right. But if taker wins I'm good with that too. But his last match has to be at mania and it has to be against cena.

·
Registered
844 Posts
why mania, i like the idea of survivor series. just me?
Now that you mention it, SS makes sense and saves the issue of the WM streak. It also means he goes into the HoF within a few months of retirement.
In fact, I think Undertaker was supposed to be buried alive at SS by Kane + Nexus, but they pushed it forward because of his injury (not that that was suppose to be his retirement, but an indication of the significance of SS)

·
Banned
342 Posts
Win or lose, I'd want to see Taker's old enemies return to see him off.
People like Orton, Foley, Kane, Nash, Hart, Michaels. All of them shaking his hand as he walks away from it all.
Sure, he's still the dead man but he's breaking character enough to make it meaningful.

You can turn Cena heel and still have Taker win, simply have Cena start to cheat throughout the match and the fans will turn on him pretty damn quickly. And if he loses, it will give the faces something to taunt him about.

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
How about a 7 stages of Hell match;

A no DQ match, followed a strap match, followed by a first blood match, followed by an inferno match, followed by a Hell In A Cell match, followed by a ladder match with a Buried Alive match at the end.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Personally, I would like to see the following programme: Taker/Sting vs Barrett/Kane at WM 27. It wouldn't have to be a tag team match. Just a 2 on 2 with Taker pinning Barrett and Sting pinning Kane simultaneously. That way Sting won't have to lose at WM while Taker still keeps hold of his streak.

Afterwards, I'd like to see a fallout between Sting and The Undertaker for a while, leading to an encounter at Summerslam where Barrett (who is still angry with Taker for pinning him in WM) costs Taker the victory in what would be Sting's retirement match. Taker could then move onto trying to dismantle the Corre, but just as it seems as if he might be able to accomplish this feat, Cena turns heel and prevents him from dong so. Thus the seeds for Cena vs Taker at WM 28 would be planted.

At WM 28, Taker eventually beats Cena in a very close encounter to go 20-0 with Paul Bearer and the urn at ringside. Barrett - who by this time is World Heavyweight Champion - comes out and beats down Taker after the match. Barrett and Cena depart, leaving Taker sprawled on the centre of the canvas. Druids then come up the ramp with a statue of Taker's cross. Paul Bearer slowly walks towards it and places the urn on top of the symbol. Then the gong sounds, the lights go out. Suddenly, a lightning bolt hits the the urn, splitting it cleanly in two and thereby leaving Taker's soul to rest in peace. Paul Bearer picks up the pieces of the urn and leaves with the druids. Undertaker is never seen again (well, except for his retirement ceremony the following day on Raw where he would break kayfabe and address the WWE universe as Mark Calaway).

It's a fantasy I know, and it's never going to happen (especially with Cena staying babyface, Corre and Taker being on SmackDown, Sting probably not signing with the WWE etc), but all I can do is wish. I feel Taker and Sting are both in their last 18 months as far as professional wrestling is concerned so it would be good to see them give us a match for the ages. The subsequent feud would see Barrett being put over and Cena turning heel in one of the most shocking storylines in WWE history.

I would have also liked to involve Kane in the storyline, but I can't help noticing that Taker/Kane has gotten a little stale recently. Perhaps Kane (with Bearer) can try but eventually fail in avenging his brother, with his career being ended in a similar way to Taker's.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Taker win or lose to Cena, then on RAW the next evening have the Undertaker and the rest of WWE break character as a final tribute to the one, and only Deadman.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'd like to see Taker emain undefeated, but in the lead up to Mania have The Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase return in character to try and "buy his soul" again. Remember it was Dibiase that introduced the WWF to the Undertaker at Survivor Series all those years ago. We could have Bearer and Dibiase competing for the loyalty of the Undertaker. "Money vs Urn". At the end of the match Taker has to decide who to side with and ends up Tombstoning Dibiase and leaving with Bearer to return home. Could also have Kane on Dibiase's side telling Taker that this has been his true family all along and he needs to return.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
He'd beat Cena next year going 20-0 and then he would lose to WHC Jack Swagger at Survivor Series. He would look strong the rest of the year beating all the big stars on Smackdown who want the right to face him. Then they hold a torunament on RAW for who gets to face him at WM28. Either Morrison, Punk or Orton would win. No matter which one it was, they would beat Taker at WM, each with a different story.

Orton as the Legend Killer pt. 2

Morrison as doing what HBK couldn't do and cementing himself forever.

And Punk getting revenge for his reign being cut short.

Either way he makes a big megastar.

That or he loses it to Kane in an inferno match or something.

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
Be in a TLC in a Cell match to unify the World Titles against Drew McIntyre at Wrestlemania 30... with McIntyre winning and in the process ending The Streak at 21-1.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
No way should he beat Cena and then retire. It makes everyone on the roster (not just Cena) look bad.

Taker's beaten enough people. Let him tap out to the STFU to go 19-1. Then he retires.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts