Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
i'm sick of these retirement matches, if you leave then leave but also leave door open for come back. Shawn Micheals still still able to offer and he could wrestle for important occasion or when he feel like get back to the ring.

look at Ric Flair, is it ending career match? ric flair still able to offer but i could put him in ring with young talent guys either put them over or improve in ring skills...

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
This may sound weird but i would pick Ted Dibiase to be in the last match with Taker.

It would be Wrestlemaina 28. After the Royal Rumble, on Raw, Taker comes out and and picks up the Mic, as he's about to speak, Ted's music hits and while walking down the ramp into Ring, Taker is just staring into the eyes of Dibiase. SO Ted is now in the ring and looks at Taker and grabs Taker's arm with the Mic and brings it upwards to his mouth and says ''I will defeat your streak at WM if given the opportunity'' so Taker accepts and next week on Raw its made official that the match will take place at WM. Anyway, going thorugh the weeks, this match is built up slowly. Coming up to Elimination Chamber, they each get a team of 3 members and face each other in a six man tag team match inside EC. Taker would have Orton and Big Show. Dibiase would have HHH and Henry (doesn't matter who is heel or face regarding partners, but how they relate to the opponent Taker or Dibiase) Takers team would win this match but not a squashing. The remaining weeks would go on as normal and the final SD before WM, Dibiase jumps Taker backstage and theres doubts whether or not Taker will be at WM...SD ends.

WM - Undertaker will win, but Dibiase has gained a massive push and is ''put over'' for good.

Want to know why i picked Dibiase for last Taker match? Simple, it was his father who first introduced Undertaker to WWE, so would be smart to have Ted JNR to be in Takers last match and its a good opportunity to put him over.
You know, it's funny because I thought about something very similar the other day. Look back to Taker's WWE debut. He was brought into the WWF by The Million Dollar Man back in 1990 - and what better of a story to tell than to have his son take him out of it? They could make an awesome angle out of it.

.....only if Ted Jr. wasn't generic as fuck or worth a shit.

I also thought about the story route WWE could go with the 20-0 challenger being Kane. Kane obviously makes sense kayfabe wise, because he' s Taker's brother and he almost has the "right" to face him in perhaps both their final match. It would be STALE as hell and driven into the ground, but would make sense in WWE land .

Or if Angle would stop being an idiot and come back to WWE - even just working a reduced schedule (you know Vince would do it). Bringing Angle back and having him challenge the Dead Man for 20-0 could be built up big time by the awesome WWE production crew. They could "bring up to speed" the newer fans easily...just look at the Bret/Vince video packages for WM 26. Especially if Kurt returned at the Rumble or something, and on the Road to WM he was able to get a few matches on Raw under his belt where he crushes people, showing off his in-ring ability. Obviously, he would ultimately lay down for the Phenom on the big stage, but it would close the book of the Streak at a perfect 20-0.

The way things look now though, we are probably going to see Taker/H II (even though it's technically III). As much as their match at 27 exceeded all the expectations I had for it, I don't want to see it again.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I like many of the suggestions so far.

Here’s my idea (mixed with a friend’s outside of this board):

At the Money in the Bank PPV in July, Alberto del Rio wins the ladder match and the contract. He decides not to cash in the briefcase though. The World Heavyweight Champion, meanwhile, feuds with the Undertaker again, and drops the title to him at Survivor Series. This will mark the Undertaker’s last World title reign as a pro wrestler.

The Royal Rumble comes around and CM Punk wins the Rumble. He chooses Taker as his opponent. Double whammy if he wins – wins the World title and ends the streak.

Despite his best efforts, Punk is unable to seal the deal at WrestleMania and loses. Then, after Taker is sufficiently weakened, del Rio comes out and manhandles Taker before pinning him to win the title and end the streak at the same time. Variations could be made to that, such as, Taker fights back but eventually succumbs to del Rio’s onslaught…or something to that effect.

Alberto del Rio is the type of chicken shit heel to pull something like that off and become the most vilified heel in WWE history. Security would be needed to get del Rio out safely. However, this plan might be nullified since WM28 is in Miami. Now, if it were in New York or Chicago...oh man.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Over the next year Cody Rhodes character has to develop into a cold blooded sick twisted individual. Also an alter ego or nickname will help a lot.

He realizes to completely destroy the WWE Universe he has to stop the streak. He realizes he has no chance of doing this on his own, but he has a plan.

Cody enlists the help of the only man who ever stood toe to toe with the Undertaker and gave him his biggest challenge. Mankind!!!

Over the next few weeks you could show all sorts of twisted "training" videos of Mick and Cody and eventually have him get a sneak attack on Taker. Giving Taker a storyline injury questioning if he will even make it to WM28.

The weeks leading up you have Cody and Mick brag about keeping Taker out of Mania and thus stopping the streak. Of course Taker comes back a couple weeks out and the match is set.

Whichever way you go its a win. Taker wins and the streak goes to 20 - 0 or Cody wins and IMO you have a career launched to the moon.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
1) The Undertaker pins Brock Lesnar.
2) 'Taker lays his hat, coat and gloves in the middle of the ring.
3) The camera follows him through the backstage where the entire roster is applauding him. He leaves the arena without saying a word.
4) A video appears on the giant screen of quick flashes of all his moments since 1990. Followed by 'Taker getting into an open grave in the Mojave desert: the tombstone says 1990 - 2012. The arena goes black, a huge buring 'Taker symbol appears over the ring and a fireworks display commences.
5) WM 28 ends; the last image is 'Taker's hat in the middle of the ring.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I would have Alberto Del Rio be the World Heavyweight Champion. Go into the Royal Rumble PPV and successfully defend and finish up a feud with Sheamus over the title. On Raw the next night, WHC Alberto Del Rio and WWE champion John Morrison come out to the ring as they demand the winner of the Royal Rumble come out and announce who they will face at WrestleMania. CM Punk comes walking out to the ring and says he will decide by the end of the night. Morrison vs. Del Rio is advertised as the Raw Main Event. During the match, Punk sneaks down to the ring and attacks Morrison and celebrates as it goes to commercial. We come back and Del Rio is in the ring bloating about his great victory over the WWE champion when the lights go out. Crowd cheers and the dongs start up. Del Rio freaks out in the ring as the lights come back on and Undertaker is nowhere to be seen. He then starts laughing thinking he pulled a fast one, when the lights go out again. This time Undertaker's music plays and he comes out. The lights come on and we see Taker give Del Rio the chokeslam followed by the Tombstone Piledriver and glares at the WrestleMania sign hanging from the rafters.

At WrestleMania, it goes back and forth with many near falls. In the end, the Undertaker finishes up Del Rio with a 2nd tombstone piledriver and wins the World Heavyweight Championship. As the crowd is celebrating his great victory, he lays the title on mat, takes off his boots, and salutes the crowd.

The next night on Raw, Undertaker says he has done all he can do in this business, winning Royal Rumbles, World titles, being 20-0 at WrestleMania, he has nothing left to prove, and quite frankly, his body is beat down and what better way to go out on top. He announces that he is walking away. He never does say he is retiring, purposely not mentioned. He thanks the crowd, when Kane's music hits. He comes out and they stare eye to eye, before embracing. Following Kane comes Paul Bearer. They all embrace before they leave the ring so Taker can enjoy his last moments with the crowd. He then walks out and once he gets to the top of the stage, Alberto Del Rio is standing there. After a stare down, they shake hands and Alberto returns to the back. Undertaker salutes the crowd and walks to the back as the show ends.

·
Registered
357 Posts
1) The Undertaker pins Brock Lesnar.
2) 'Taker lays his hat, coat and gloves in the middle of the ring.
3) The camera follows him through the backstage where the entire roster is applauding him. He leaves the arena without saying a word.
4) A video appears on the giant screen of quick flashes of all his moments since 1990. Followed by 'Taker getting into an open grave in the Mojave desert: the tombstone says 1990 - 2012. The arena goes black, a huge buring 'Taker symbol appears over the ring and a fireworks display commences.
5) WM 28 ends; the last image is 'Taker's hat in the middle of the ring.
I would like to see a tombstone saying he died in 1990 and his whole career he has been dead. How would he get from Miami to the Mojave in 5 minutes?

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
This is what I posted when this was discussed last month.

This is how I would book it:

WrestleMania XXVIII: The Undertaker defeats John Cena, goes to 20-0 at WrestleMania. He's saluting the crowd in the middle of the ring and the lights go out completely. When they return, he's gone, and the urn is in the middle of the ring. He's never seen again.
Obviously, replace John Cena with, say, Jericho or something.

·
Registered
380 Posts
If I could choose the perfect ending I would have him go against Triple H again (for lack of anyone else being worthy). But this time it would be a Lumberjack Match with all the people who Undertaker had beaten on his way to being 19-0 at Wrestlemania.

He would be ganged up by all of them but would find a way to win the match making the streak a perfect 20-0. He would then be carried away by a hearse and next night on raw there would be some kind of Graveyard funeral.

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
At the Rumble, Taker wins the WWE title against Kane (former holder).

Feb Raw 1: End of Raw - Kane cuts a promo saying his brother has overshadowed him for the last time. Taker basically says bring it on.

Feb Raw 2: Kane fights in a singles match vs a jobber. The gong sounds and it goes dark, Kanes opponent has disappeared, Raw ends.

Feb Raw 3: Taker explains that (Kane's opponent) is safe and well, but Kane must beware of his inner demons, which will bring him down.

Feb Raw 4: Taker and Kane are forced to team up vs Punk and Barrett (who are feuding and will compete in the WHC EC match - Punk is holder of WHC).

Elimination Chamber: Punk loses the title to Barrett in the chamber after being eliminated first. Kane and Taker are the 2 remaining in their chamber for the WWE title, lights go off. Kane and Taker both disappear, PPV ends.

March Raw 1: WWE title given to another competitor as no man was deemed the winner. Kane explains that he has no memory of what happened, but he has been overshadowed once again and is furious. He breaks kayfabe and kidnaps McCool, who he believes to hold the key to his brothers soul.

March Raw 2: Taker breaks kayfabe and demands the safe return of his missus. Kane on titantron: Shows a bundle (kayfabe McCool) tidied up and starts to slap it around. Taker demands a match at WM28. And the match can be any of Kane's choice. If Taker wins, he gets his missus back. Kane laughs on the titantron, Raw ends.

March Raw 3: Taker in a match vs a tiny jobber (DiBiase) and Kane comes on titantron and accepts. The match is Last Man Standing. He is bored of playing with McCool and leaves her for Taker to find in the arena. Taker finds her, they reunite and he drives her away to keep her safe.

March Raw 4: Kane is in a match vs a fairly strong jobber (say Big Zeke) and the lights go off. The gong sounds. Lights on. Taker is behind Kane (who doesn't know) with a dagger clearly visible. Lights off and on again, Taker and Kane gone.

WM28: Taker enters as usual. Kane takes ages to enter.....and Taker signals for a casket to be carried to the ring by his minion Takers (not druids). He sounds a gong to wake Kane up. Kane is shocked and recoils but eventually gets the match started. Some near-misses for Taker. One near-miss for Kane. Then....Paul Bearer brings the urn out 'It's time'. Forces Taker to lie on the mat, but Taker springs up on the count of 9, he can over power the urn. Knocks out Kane with 2 chokselams and a Tombstone. He wins. Taker retreives the urn from the scared Bearer and it overpowers all three men. He lifts Kane and shakes hands with both Kane and Bearer. Taker walks up the ramp with Bearer and Kane in tow (Kane limping badly). At the top of the ramp, all three line up. Look back at the ring and turn to the tron again. All 3 lift one arm and walk out. The Brothers of Destruction and Paul all finally retire and at peace with each other.

Any good? Bit nonsensical, but I love the supernatural stuff.
What in the fuck would be the point of that? lol fpalm

·
Registered
9 Posts
Royal Rumble Undertaker enters #30( In a 40 man Rumble) and clears house eliminates 5 guys...
Final six Undertaker(No.30), Randy Orton(No.24), Triple H(No.40), CM Punk(No.29) Edge(No.27) and
Rey Mysterio(No.35).Undertaker eliminates CM Punk, Trips Pedigrees Edge, Rey 619 to Orton then eliminates Orton, Taker dominates everyone, then gets speared 619 and eliminated by trips.
After Rumble(I don't actually have a pic for the rumble but thats not the point of this thread) Undertaker cuts promo on his career and acomplishements trips comes out and says that undertaker career is over and demands a rematch at Wrestlemania XXVIII to end his career, CM Punk comes out a says he will be the one end Undertaker's career GM makes main event Trips vs CM Punk. Trips wins after Pedigree.
Undertaker vs Big Zeke Taker destroys him, Chokeslam, Tombstone
Trips vs Rey Mysterio trips wins after dodging 619 and hitting Pedigree
Undertaker requests that the match become an "Anything Goes Iron Man Match"
Triple H accepts only if Shawn Michaels is the referee, taker accepts.
triple H asks that he and taker choose their opponents for Elimination Chamber.
Undertaker chooses Sheamus.
Triple H chooses Kane.
Both win at Chamber
Wrestlemania 28
five minutes left score 5:4 to Trips favour.
tripes goes pedigree Undertaker counters into Last Ride.
After one hour 5:5, Shawn Michaels declares a sudden death one fall to finish.
Undertaker goes for Tombstone, trips counters into his own tombstone, Taker counters back into his tombstone and hits it.
Undertaker 20:0 at Wrestlemania.
Shawn and Trips hug taker shake hands with both and gets a mic.
He says that hes done and he will Rest In Peace. and then does his pose to end wrestlemania.

·
Registered
92 Posts
ok this is my idea.

this is for wm 30
after two week from royal rumble: kane challanges the undertaker for a match (hell in a cell or last man standing,or any kind of special match). he tells people that in the past he failed to beat the undertaker but this time he has something from the undertaker's past. something that the undertaker lost but he has found.

after some weeks paul bearer will make some random apperialns and say he is alive, he will be here, he will destroy someone.
(just like the promoes he did when kane was making his debut)

for some weeks leading to wm some mostirius guy will help kane to win all his matches. people cant see the face of the guy. they only know that the guy is young & well build.

At wrestlemania :- after some good wrestling in the match kane failes to beat the undertaket., he signels someone to come out & its paul bearer with the urn. he bring the same guy who helped kane before.

kane orders him to take out the undertaker. he looks at taker, taker looks at him , they lock eyes. out of nowere the guy turn one kane & gives him a huge chokeslam. he brings paul bearer in & lifts him up in piledriver position. meanwile taker grabs kane in piledriver pos. they both hit on same time. taker beats kane.

after the match : taker holds the urn above his head ( like paul bearer used to do) & the new guy poses like the undertaker used to do. the light go out & when they come on again taker is gone but his hat & coat is there on the turnbukel. the guy wears it and goes towerds the ramp, he posses like taker on the ramp & goes in the back.

on the next raw it is revealed that we have a new phenam (the new guy) & he is the undertaker's son.

the wwe just need to find a new guy who has potancial to be a legend & can continue the legacy of taker.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
can't believe this hasn't been brought up yet. I think the last few years are the perfect setup for this:

Around October-November...have Taker return to Smackdown. Have him cut a promo (finally responding for the first time to HHH's promo on RAW post mania last week)...have him say how much he respects HHH...awesome match...BUT YOU DIDN'T WIN SUCKER!. Nobody will beat Taker at mania....HHH, you do *NOT* get a rematch. You failed, just like your boyfriend HBK failed.

Over the next few weeks, have HHH come out cut a promo saying how Taker is disrespecting him, how he wants a rematch and how he'll find a way to make it happen

Insert HBK. Have him come out and interrupt HHH (or respond the following week). HBK is back, and if HHH wants attempt#3 at the Streak, well good ole' HBK wants a #3 shot first!

Back and forth between HHH/HBK andeven Taker cutting promo's...HHH vs Taker can have a confrontation inside the Rumble Match...have HBK involved somehow.

Basically, have this lead to:

WM 28 MAIN EVENT: HBK VS HHH VS UNDERTAKER. Triple Threat. Retirement match.

·
Registered
80 Posts
- The Undertaker comes back at Royal Rumble and helps Triple H in a match with The Miz, Triple H gives The Undertaker a Pedigree, gets distracted, then Miz slips in a win. (This would turn Miz face and HHH heel)

- Next night on RAW Triple H comes out: "I said I would be waiting for The Undertaker, I even said I respected the man, but interfering in my business like I was in desperate need of his help does NOT slide with me. I'm The Game, I made the business what it is today, I'm not gonna let some 'has been' who is only relevant because of some streak he's maintained on a yearly basis, overshadow what I do every single day for this business"

*Boom* Kane's music sounds and out comes Kane

- Kane enters the ring, does a little stare down then grabs a mic: "Hunter, as I watched your match last night I realized one thing, People pitty you. You talk about has beens then lose to The Miz like your not one yourself"

- Triple H smirks: "well why don't we quit the talkin', and see which one of is realy up to date"

*crowd cheers*

*Boom* The Undertaker's music sounds, The Undertaker comes out, him and Kane beat down Triple H till McMacmahon's music sounds

-Mcmahon: "Hold it! Hold it right there Goddamn it! My son in law will not be treated this way in my ring!"

*crowd boos hard*

- McMahon: "Kane! since you like 2 on 1's so much you're going to face 2 members of The Core in a handicap match tonite!"

*crowd cheers*

-It comes time for the main event of RAW, in the middle of the match while Kane is getting beat up by a member of The Core, The Undertaker rushes out and fucks them up but then the ref calls the match, leaving Kane Disqualified. This pisses Kane off as he choke slams The Undertaker.

The feud between Triple H, The Undertaker and Kane would continue for a little while until one night the Anon GM reveals himself to be Paul Bearer an announces a Triple Threat match for WrestleMania with Triple h, The Undertaker , and Kane.

- Another night is when they do the contract signing, Mcmahon comes out too late , but either way fires Paul Bearer because he didn't want that match to happen. The Undertaker announces this will be his last match.

WRESTLEMANIA NIGHT

- Kane and Triple H do their normal entrance

- The Undertaker comes out as ABA Taker on the motorcycle with a popular live rock band everyone knows playing his new/last theme song

-The match would start with them all beating up on each other, Kane throws Triple H over the top rope and gives his brother a stare down, Kane goes for the choke slam, Undertaker counters it and they go at it for a while, Triple H gets back in the ring, this time The Undertaker throws him out and The Undertaker and Kane have a stare down again, Triple H comes back pissed off with a sledge hammer, the ref comes up to Triple H, Kane tries to hit Triple H but knocks the ref down and Kane gets hit with the sledge hammer in the process, The undertaker grabs the sledge hammer from Triple H, throws it out of the ring then they start going it at, Triple H hits the pedigree but the ref is still out of it, Triple H gets the ref up to count, but this time Taker kicks out, Kane gets up, looks at his brother, they both grab Triple H's throat and choke slam him, Kane trys to choke slam Taker but Taker kicks him in the stomache and gives him a last ride, 2 count, Taker gets him up, twists his arm, OLD SCHOOL, Taker still only gets a 2 count, Taker gets Kane ready for a Tombstone on Kane then Triple H knocks them both down, Triple H hits the pedigree on Kane , only gets a 2 count, then Taker gets up, gives Triple H a tombstone, gets Kane up, gives him a tombstone, then Taker gets the 3 count on Kane to go 20 - 0 at Wrestlemania and retire.

What do yall think? I think that would be a good way to end the legacy.

·
Unim Phenomenous
189 Posts
Not going to go into drastic detail but since I think the person to retire Taker needs to actually get something out of it I'd have something like this:

Have Orton be the next person to challenge Taker at Wrestlemania. Have them both be face during the buildup with Orton refrencing their previous Mania match and how he was younger and inexperienced. Perhaps even bill Undertaker as the last Legend that the Legend Killer didn't kill or something.

Have a build up consisting of cataloguing Takers wins at mania so younger people are reminded/educated about all his matches and try and make the streak a huge deal again. Have Undertaker stall on accepting Ortons challenge deeming him unworthy. At some point between the rumble and EC have Undertaker get beaten down by a faction (for arguments sake The Corre) and Orton come out for the save. Taker should be in the position for the punt. Orton teases it but doesn't hit it then helps Taker up. Taker accepts in the weeks following this and then bill the mutual respect nonsense thats become a staple of retirement matches in recent years.

At Mania make the match a clean match between faces with the usual near falls and false finishes. Hopefully they could put on somewhere close to a 5 star match. Have Taker eventually get the win after Orton makes some sort of mistake. Too long to hit the RKO or something similar giving Undertaker the chance to tombstone him for the win.

After the match have some sort of pyro with 20 - 0, the commentators bigging up Undertaker etc and his usual pose. Then have Orton snap and beat down Taker. A brutal assault leading up the ramp eventually leading to a punt into a casket. Casket lowered into an open grave and then concrete poured on top of it.

It would leave the door open for an Undertaker return but personally I don't think his gimmick suits all the hugs and memories that Flair/HBK got. Orton would be a massive heel after this being the man that killed Undertakers legend.

·
No Cena is good Cena
2,418 Posts
Throughout the remainder of 2011 Wade Barrett is reestablished as a top dog, eventually winning the WHC belt from, let’s say, Christian. Meanwhile Undertaker wins the Rumble and chooses to cement his 20-0 legacy by facing Wade for the title.

The Wrestlemania match is long and grueling. Throughout the match several of his former Wrestlemania opponents interfere, determined to see the end of the streak. A sober and surprisingly fit Jake “The Snake” Roberts (who was inducted into the Hall of Fame the night before) administers a devastating DDT to the concrete floor. Flair, Diesel, Big Show, Orton, Shawn Michaels and HHH all get involved but Taker manages to dispose of them with the assistance of his beefed up masked brother Kane. (They’ve resolved their differences at this point and Kane’s 2010 betrayal has been successfully erased from our memories.) Stretchers EVERYWHERE.

Despite the interference, Wade Barrett kicks out of the tombstone and pins him cleanly. The next day on Raw Taker comes out in regular clothes and announces his retirement.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I Would Have the Undertaker In A Hell In A Cell Match/Casket Match And I Would Break The Streak To CM Punk Or Another Huge Superstar, They Need the streak Broken to one of the superstars because who ever breaks the streak will be the most respected and feard in the buisness for actually finishing of the bigman, And Whoever Beats the Undertaker should get Haunted by his deathly voice a few weeks in a row after Wrestlemania, And When the Undertaker is in the Casket he should be led away by paul bearer and Old members of his ministry and took away to rest in peace

21 - 40 of 47 Posts