Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious to see peoples ideas on this one. If Samoa Joe were to debut straight onto the WWE main roster, how would you book his debut? Straight into the main event picture? Squash a bunch of jobbers for weeks? Or something midway?

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
36,118 Posts
He's going straight to NXT, so the main roster is a non issue. Triple H is hoarding all of the popular indy guys for himself. With that said, I'd keep him at the level Bull Dempsey was at before he was fed to Corbin as the dominant mid card heel. He doesn't need a huge main event push when Owens and Balor should be prioritized. Samoa Joe peaked over 5 years ago. He's been phoning it in since then, so there's no reason to strap a rocket to his back at this point.

·
Banned
1,893 Posts
have him debut by attacking cena. this causes them to start a feud. during the feud, joe attacks cena multiple times on the raw's before their ppv match. on the last raw before the ppv match, cena does a segment on telling joe to lay off the cheeseburgers and start hitting the treadmill. He also says that he will do whatever it takes to beat joe and that he still has it and that he needs the win. at the ppv, joe dominates most of the match before cena does an AA for the win.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Help Reigns retain the night after WM, over DB. Heel turn

Then next title defense The Usos turn heel helping Reigns.

Reigns/Joe/Usos - Nice faction. Kill the Authority gimmick and that's your new dominant heel crew for the year.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Video package that build him up as the Samoan lone wolf. The one Samoan with no family ties to any Samoans in this business.

I had the Usos being very friendly towards him, doing some matches together and even introduce him to their family.

At this time a heel Roman Reigns take notice and confront the Usos. Telling them that Joe doesn't belong with us and so on.

Some in the "family" take Romans side while others take Usos side. And right in the middle we have Samoa Joe being offended and fight for his honor.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
36,118 Posts
I would send him to NXT.

If he went to WWE, he should attack the new IC champion. Or perhaps he befriends Reigns, only to attack him, showing that Reigns has no one he can trust, that it really is one versus all.

I was listening to Talk is Jericho today and Samoa Joe said he always gets asked if he's part of the Anoa'i family just because he's a Samoan wrestler. You can sell him as the Samoan outcast trying to make a name for himself. "No one thinks I matter because I'm not apart of HIS family *points at Reigns*. Well, I'm here to prove I'm better than you, and I don't need the power of nepotism to make people BELIEVE THAT!" Joe can then paint Reigns as the entitled spoiled child while he had to scratch and claw for everything he got.

·
Banned
4,498 Posts

I was listening to Talk is Jericho today and Samoa Joe said he always gets asked if he's part of the Anoa'i family just because he's a Samoan wrestler. You can sell him as the Samoan outcast trying to make a name for himself. "No one thinks I matter because I'm not apart of HIS family *points at Reigns*. Well, I'm here to prove I'm better than you, and I don't need the power of nepotism to make people BELIEVE THAT!" Joe can then paint Reigns as the entitled spoiled child while he had to scratch and claw for everything he got.
Paint him? Reigns IS an entitled spoiled child and hasn't earned a single thing he has been given.

·
Registered
681 Posts
if he's in nxt throw him into a feud with owens once him and balor are finishing up. if he's going straight to the main roster, make him rollins' personal security guard.

60,006 Posts

The one thing I've kidded about which they will not do is have them battle over who is the true Samoa Joe. Aftr your angle played itself out, I could see The Usos turn on Reigns and join Joe, isolating Reigns so people stop harping on his family connections.

·
Number 30 in the Rumble
1,629 Posts
Isn't the main purpose of NXT to train the guys from indies/abroad how to work a televised and/or American-style match? AS TNA's product style is so similar to WWE's, I don't see any reason for having Joe in NXT, plus he's not getting any younger...put him on the main roster immediately and give him a decent run.

Squashing jobbers for the first few weeks, then a feud with Kane or Big Show or someone like that, that he'll definitely go over in. Then after that a big feud for Summerslam or Survivor Series with Cena, Reigns or Bryan.

Reactions: snail69

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
36,118 Posts
The one thing I've kidded about which they will not do is have them battle over who is the true Samoa Joe. Aftr your angle played itself out, I could see The Usos turn on Reigns and join Joe, isolating Reigns so people stop harping on his family connections.
Lol, we talked about this in the chatbox yesterday. Changing his name to Joe Anoa'i would be hilarious for multiple reasons.

·
The Fresh Prince Is Back On His Throne!
11,553 Posts
A heel Reigns is defending the title against a Babyface, maybe Bryan or a turned Rollins and then just as their about to pick up the win, Joe comes out and attacks and destroys them. He along with a now much darker Usos (they make their facepaint and attire less colourful more black) become the bodyguards of Roman Reigns. I sure as hell don't like Reigns or the Usos, but I think that would be a nice dominant stable. Then bring Rock back and feud with Reigns at WM32, as Rock is sickened by what Reigns is doing with the Samoan legacy of wrestling.

Though I'm worried Vince sees great dancing 'potential' in Joe.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts