Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thoughts ?

Its popular opinion that he'd make a badass heel world champ but given the fact that he's facing a heel in the bfg main event, i don't think he'll be turning heel anytime soon.

how are they gunna book him as a face champion ?, he isn't a wisecracking face or a high flying face so how are they going to effectively book him as a face champ.

He'll need to do more than just dominate people.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I'd book him as your classic underdog face.

He's never been world champion, so tell the story of him adjusting and rising to the huge challenge where you are very much the hunted. In practical terms that means that the story is about him, and not about a particular feud, with all-comers (heels and faces who have been former champions, and members of Immortal) facing him and heel Bischoff/Hogan booking him hard.

The selling point will be that the fans are rooting for him to remain champion, but can he survive?

PPV matches? I'd book him against strong former champions, like Angle first (to ensure a decent first PPV defence - apthough will he let him beat him cleanly in consecutive PPV matches?) then Sting in a sort of 'can you beat your idol?' match to get the rub before he leaves the company. The key with PPV opponents is, they'd need to be over and have momentum as Roode needs to be built. That's why I'd keep Mr. Anderson and Hardy away from the Roode for the time being.

In the meantime, sew the seeds of a Beer Money split (Storm going heel) and perhaps AJ wanting a shot (face vs face?). This develops a deeper main event scene, puts over Roode as a credible main eventer and turns the focus of the main event on to younger workers.

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
I'd have him as a "best in the world" type of role. As in he has competitive matches, but he wins without any doubt. A guy that will always get the job done. It'd mean a whole lot more for the next champion. If he loses by cheating, then it puts over a heel. If he loses to a face, you've accomplished something because he's put over as the best you have to offer.

Make him a guy that has a gameplan. A guy that studies the tapes. Pretty much bring it to real competition (Boxing/MMA etc) where he's observed the guys flaws and has a gameplan to win.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts