Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So you have a company doing just under a million viewers a week.

How would you personally increase the audience so you in say six months you are averaging 1.5million a week?

Have all those millions who left after the attitude era just abandoned wrestling?

How could you create brand new viewers?

Its not as easy as just "create stars". MJF might be popular within the AEW bubble but is he going to grow the audience?

Is there a limit on this type of wrestling show no matter how good or how many stars you have.

How about involving celebrities?

So go ahead, your the booker, how would you increase the audience?

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
I'd target the teenage audience, get some famous rappers and singers etc to make cameos or perform songs. I'd try and aim my cultural references at the 18-25 demographic and not the 25+ demographic. Meme wrestlers like Orange Cassidy are a big deal too with the way social media is these days.

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
Yeah but that was "uncool" celebrities.

How about if Drake or someone showed up
They would gain viewers for one episode and lost the same amount of people the week after.

The best thing they can do is to continue what they're doing right now and hope that more and more people will watch the show

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
I'd target the teenage audience, get some famous rappers and singers etc to make cameos or perform songs. I'd try and aim my cultural references at the 18-25 demographic and not the 25+ demographic. Meme wrestlers like Orange Cassidy are a big deal too with the way social media is these days.
Unfortunately people get over memes pretty quickly and look for another meme, hopefully he can do different things to keep their fans interested.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
-Consistent booking. I think reboots every few months was a large part that hurt WCW.

-They seem to be doing feuds well so keep doing that.

-I would add more one off tryout appearances so some guys can get more wins and it seems more like everyone belongs there. Even guys like Arn Anderson and Dean Malenko can job and be used to get heat. We're talking guys like Dark Order who nobody knows about. I would use Tony Khan's pocket book to buy guys to job.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
1-Sing Conor Mcgregor

2-Create your new Warrior/Goldberg/Batista,
a charismatic powerhouse who can't lose with a big streak is the easiest and greatest way to gain viewers on a wrestling show. Yes, AEW needs superman booking.

3-Get ride of some vanilla midgets, sign bigger guys, charismatic guys, Powerr has some.

4-Keep doing what they doing, great promos, segments, hardcore matches, edginess, audience will keep growing from now.

·
Ilya Smirnov ate my puppy.
4,919 Posts
Keep doing exactly what they’re doing. Word will get around about the product; it’s still very new, and I’m sure there are a lot of former fans who haven’t even heard of it yet. If there’s more of an audience to even be gotten, it will come. Do absolutely not bend and cave in to produce some garbage that will attract whatever audience is watching WWE every week — that is not why AEW came into existence.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I didn't think of that, but involving celebrities and musicians would be great. I certainly think that would increase their viewership. Especially musicians; music has a magical and special way of drawing people in.

Other that this, I would just stick to being the antithesis of what WWE has become. Continue to be edgy, provocative and much less scripted. And sporadically bring in newer guys at unexpected times, like they did with Jake Hager, to keep things fresh and interesting.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
They don't need add anyone. Just make your wrestlers look cool and like stars and put them in good storylines. Talent is there they just need Jericho to keep doing what he's doing. Build up Moxley, Omega, Cody as major stars. Build up young talent like MJF, Sammy Guvevera, Adam Page, Darby Allin into up coming stars. Have guys like Hager/Pac be hatered heels up against top faces.

·
it's a tarp!
4,682 Posts
I'd create a megastar.

In the style of Randy Savage, I'd challenge anybody of any worth to a wrestling match, on the show, on Twitter, in interviews. And I'd make it highly personal.

I'd be the most vainglorious thing I've ever seen, and it would be awesome.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Keep things loose and allow wrestlers who are natural at storytelling, no matter how they do it, to keep having creative control over their character.

We forget to realize that wrestlers are people too and the younger wrestlers will more than likely click with the younger crowd.

All they can do is keep putting out a good product and hope it sticks. Kenny Omega got some good press with the Sans reference. Shit like that helps but putting on a good product is important.

We also have to realize no matter what they do, some people just may not be into wrestling even if they're into the references.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
277 Posts
They are a new company, cant expect miracles over night, let's see where it goes over the next few months.

Still think Pentagon Jr needs to be pushed as a main eventer, same with felix really as well, both guys make you not want to change the channel for different reasons.

·
Banned
13 Posts
So you have a company doing just under a million viewers a week.

How would you personally increase the audience so you in say six months you are averaging 1.5million a week?

Have all those millions who left after the attitude era just abandoned wrestling?

How could you create brand new viewers?

Its not as easy as just "create stars". MJF might be popular within the AEW bubble but is he going to grow the audience?

Is there a limit on this type of wrestling show no matter how good or how many stars you have.

How about involving celebrities?

So go ahead, your the booker, how would you increase the audience?
Get some proper stars who the fans know. Get some Dudleys, John Morrisons on the show.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Their viewership went up this week, so that's a good sign people seeing consistency.
Still They're under a million
It's a new company, viewership will come. Gonna take time, remember WWE in 97 came around eventually then the following year it picked up steam. Not saying Aew is gonna be like that but they just a hot act/angle away before they get fans hooked

1 - 20 of 86 Posts