Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He debuted at Survivor Series 1990 and the stipulation for the event was the survivors of each match will represent their team in the main event. Thus Taker did not advance. However if a wrestler debuted today and they get eliminated by count out in their first match, would fans raise all hell or be willing to accept the finish? Granted back then we got much more fuck finishes, more DQ's and count outs. Nowadays people get worked up by a match finishing via rollup. Are fans different or not?

·
Registered
827 Posts
He keyfabe kicked the shit out of the entire team one by one, cleanly pinning 2 out of 4 men. He practically looked invincible and that countout did him no harm whatsoever.

I don't think that's a bad debut even for today's standards.

·
Currently booking tonight’s card...
2,231 Posts
When they did count out and time limit draws... a lot of times it was to simply protect a character from a clean loss.

Too bad WWE has basically eliminated that whole concept. With the writing they do, they still wouldn’t use the simple concept correctly anyway...

I don’t really think it would draw too much negative reaction today tbh. I mean if it was something that happened 5 matches in a row, then it would get that type of attention

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
Today's audience wouldn't know what to do with the act in general. The biggest problem that it would face is that people today want to be "in" on everything and it never would have grown because of it.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Undertaker today instead of having the great Paul Bearer as his mouth piece and him having something mythical about him with the entrance aura etc. would every day be running his mouth on a 20 minute promo challenging someone randomly, doing child jokes and some rubbish catchphrases making him like a joker not to be taken seriously! Not to mention the high spots and spam finishes which would be the need of the hour to keep up with the baffoons of today!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts