Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a shame we never got to see these two work against each other. Both my favorites of all time. I think it would of have been great if these two feuded when Eddie was a main eventer.

·
Registered
476 Posts
That's a fued that would've been gold. Another one we missed out on because Eddie's life was cut too short was Eddie vs Shawn Michaels.

·
The Dynasty
473 Posts
I think that'd be a good feud mainly because Eddie would have brought out the best of Rock. Eddie was no joke and The Rock would've definitely had to have tried to keep up with Eddie. Plus, both can work the mic excellently.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
That's a fued that would've been gold. Another one we missed out on because Eddie's life was cut too short was Eddie vs Shawn Michaels.
Shawn Michaels and Eddie Guerrero was the original plan for WrestleMania 22 but got changed because of Batista getting injured as Eddie Guerrero was set to win the World title on the upcoming SmackDown but died beforehand. I believe the card for WrestleMania 22 was meant to look something like this,

John Cena/Triple H for the WWE title
Batista/Randy Orton for the World title
Shawn Michaels/Eddie Guerrero
The Undertaker/Kurt Angle
Mick Foley/Edge in a Hardcore match
Bret Hart/Vince McMahon
Rey Mysterio/Booker T
Chris Benoit/JBL for the US title
Trish Stratus/Mickie James for the Womens title
Money In The Bank

So from that you can see that WrestleMania 22 had the potential to be the best WrestleMania of all time but everything had to change because of the injury to Batista and Eddie Guerrero passing away. As for The Rock and Eddie Guerrero i remember they had a WWE title match on Raw back in mid 2002 just prior to SummerSlam and The Rock sang La Bamba and called Eddie Guerrero Cheech and Chong, the match was ok but back at that time Eddie Guerrero was still a good year away from being believable against the bigger names.
The Big Show and Kane/Carlito and Chris Masters

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
John Cena/Triple H for the WWE title
Batista/Randy Orton for the World title
Shawn Michaels/Eddie Guerrero
The Undertaker/Kurt Angle
Mick Foley/Edge in a Hardcore match

This card would have blown any other Wrestlemania or any other wrestling PPV off the water and it would have been one that could never be topped. I can see all those matches i picked as being 5* potentials.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
The feud would have been a classic, especially in 2002 when Eddie was in his prime IMO.
just glad they had a match and a promo, better than nothing and the match was an awesome TV match.
you can feel the chemistry in the promo and the Rock Bottom counter Eddie did is still one of the best counters i have ever seen.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
It would not have been any spectacular match. I do not think Eddie can carry Rock to a 3 star match. Having said that the promos would have been good.Both men are good mic workers,The Rock is a very good mic worker when he is not making sub-human intelligence level jokes & not giving poop lines.

It would have been a decent fued but the end would have resulted in Rock burying Eddie & I dont think Eddie will come out looking much strong from this.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
They had a fun match in 2002 but I too wish they had a main event feud or at least a segment in 2004 when he had the Lie, Cheating, and Stealing gimmick.

And the original plan was Shawn Michaels trying to bait the Rock in a match at WM 22 but the Rock said he never felt he needed to work with Michaels after they asked him about it on WWE.com and you tell that something was gonna happen with Eddie and Michaels by Survivor Series 2005...I mean IT HAD to end with Eddie and Michaels being the last two in the match. Crowd would of heeled on anyone going againt Eddie at the time so I would of loved to hear that crowd cheer him over Michaels like they did at Royal Rumble 2005.

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
It would not have been any spectacular match. I do not think Eddie can carry Rock to a 3 star match. Having said that the promos would have been good.Both men are good mic workers,The Rock is a very good mic worker when he is not making sub-human intelligence level jokes & not giving poop lines.

It would have been a decent fued but the end would have resulted in Rock burying Eddie & I dont think Eddie will come out looking much strong from this.
Eddie wouldn't need to carry The Rock and vice versa. This "carrying" term people love to use is so stupid.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts