Wrestling Forum banner

How will Vince ruin Velveteen Dream?

1981 Views 36 Replies 34 Participants Last post by  The Wood
You know it's coming. Unfortunately, The Dream is too big for the C-Brand, it's only a matter of time before he's called up. How do you think Vince will ruin him? Name shortened, so maybe he's just "Velveteen" or maybe a name change, "The Velveteen Experience" perhaps? Immediate 50/50 booking perhaps, like Ricochet? On and off tv like Aleister Black? Maybe a complete gimmick change, because Vince won't think he'll get over?

If I had to guess, I'd say he'll debut as "Velveteen" as "Dream" is too close to Dusty, who is Cody's father which is a reference to AEW and we can't have that, and he'll be a comedy character similar to Fandango. Wouldn't surprise me if Vince has him dancing and books him as Flash Funk 2.0.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
30,015 Posts
By not making him a priority and making him a one trick pony.

Look at what NXT does with him. He has special vignettes unique to him. He has segments like where he sang his own version of the national anthem. Vince isn't going to put that much a priority on him or if he does it will be different material.

Plus, look at a guy like Broken Matt Hardy. A character with so much potential and they just focused on the laugh. And that was it. They take one aspect of you and make that who you are and nothing else.

· Registered
734 Posts
He needs vignettes in order to introduce his character to the general audience before debuting him. Then when it's time, make a big deal out of it. A gimmick like his isn't one where you just wait for a big surprise pop. It'll work for one night, but fail in the future.

· Registered
1,233 Posts
He needs vignettes in order to introduce his character to the general audience before debuting him. Then when it's time, make a big deal out of it. A gimmick like his isn't one where you just wait for a big surprise pop. It'll work for one night, but fail in the future.
This. Since WWE nowadays are creatively dead with story line and character motivations. But I can see Dream making anything work cause he that good of an actor

· The Empire will Reign again
18,485 Posts
I'm as cynical about his future on the main roster as anybody else but where things might be different for Dream, he has legends on his side and not kiss ass legends like Mark Henry and Mick Foley, he's got HHH, HBK, SCSA, and Cena! If the combined power of those 4 isn't enough to save Dream from Vince the WWE is well and truly dead.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.