Wrestling Forum banner

How will they get it all into 3 hours

767 8
I wondered, with the rumble now being 40 men, how will they get it into the 3 hour slot, obviously they do it normally with 30 men, but now getting 10 extras in and out of the ring, will they cut down the time of the other matches or maybe not have as many matches..?
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
91 Posts
so far they only have three matches along with the Rumble

The World Heavyweight Ttile match

The WWE Title match

and the Divas Title match

so unless they add a random match added in (they probably will) they'll make the time

· Registered
3,320 Posts
OK, let's see:

A WWE normally takes 2 hours 30 minutes.

The Rumble will get, at the very least, 57 minutes (38 entrants x 1,5 minutes each entrance) + two "long" entrances at the beginning (5 minutes at most) + 7 extra minutes of the final guys in the rumble and celebration.

Then we still have 1 hour and 10 minutes.

The divas match should get 10 minutes the entrances + 5 minutes post-match beatdown by "youknowwhoisbigandblackandisdebutingattheRumble".

That gives you 55 minutes for 2 matches, which is WAY too much time (specially considering Orton vs Miz is gonna be shit). I'd add a US title match or a Tag Team title match...

· Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, let's see:

A WWE normally takes 2 hours 30 minutes.

The Rumble will get, at the very least, 57 minutes (38 entrants x 1,5 minutes each entrance) + two "long" entrances at the beginning (5 minutes at most) + 7 extra minutes of the final guys in the rumble and celebration.

Then we still have 1 hour and 10 minutes.

The divas match should get 10 minutes the entrances + 5 minutes post-match beatdown by "youknowwhoisbigandblackandisdebutingattheRumble".

That gives you 55 minutes for 2 matches, which is WAY too much time (specially considering Orton vs Miz is gonna be shit). I'd add a US title match or a Tag Team title match...
Oh god, not Awesome Kong, i thought that was just a rumour, ah well be fun to see :lmao

· Registered
1,078 Posts
They'll probably add Kingston vs. Swagger. (so Swagger can take the belt off Kingston, so Kingston can win the rumble:rolleyes:)
The first part is real. The last part is just fantasy.

· Registered
206 Posts
They'll have plenty of time to get everything in. If anything, I could see one more quick match being added to the undercard. I'm not sure which one exactly, but any of the following three matches are realistic: Bryan/DiBiase for the US Championship, Kingston/Swagger for the IC Championship or Santino & Kozlov vs. New Nexus or The Usos for the Tag Team Titles.

· Registered
3,804 Posts
I can see the RR opening up with a IC title match or a US title match, but if these two matches are on...will Kofi/Swagger or Bryan/??? be eligble to compete in the RR?

· Registered
19,085 Posts
^They should be, but WWE wont want them probably so that's why we won't see that match. Though I've seen other IC title competitors compete in the rumble after their ic title matches(like piper,jericho)

The divas match will be about 15 minutes including entrances and post match stuff
WHC will be about 25 minutes with entrances and post match stuff
WWE title match will be about 25 minutes with post match stuff

So that's an hour for 3 matches right there. The rumble will be 38 entrants at 90 second intervals so we're looking at just over an hour for the rumble match itself. So 2 hours it looks like for all the things already scheduled. Add in the commercials/promos they have on the show and maybe a segment or so and we have 2 and a half hours of the ppv which is the usual amount

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.