Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Being What's Best For Business
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cena is aging, as he does some solid years ahead of him, how do you think the crowd will react. Will he get a Rock-like ovation because he loves this business too much to go away for a long time like The Rock.

· Registered
5,921 Posts
#9 Really? Top 30 I'll agree with

While Cena has supported the business for a decade there is no way he is top ten material. That is spitting in the face of people who actually deserve to be there
How many people have accomplished as much(Kayfabe), or more than Cena?

· Banned
11,315 Posts
1.When Cena becomes part time like Taker or HHH,Cena will get reactions just like them

2.If Cena leaves WWE and makes a surprise appearance after some 5 years,it may not be like Rock but it will be loud.Cena's fans would have grown up and they would Definetly cheer their childhood hero

· Registered
381 Posts
How many people have accomplished as much(Kayfabe), or more than Cena?
I'm certainly not a cena hater but the suggestion that he is top ten All TIME is ludicrous

bruno sammartino
Dusty Rhodes
Hulk hogan
Triple h
Ric flair
SCSA
The rock
Undertaker
Superstar billy graham
And just to piss everyone off the man who never gets old Bob Backland

Just off the top of my head, in no particular order, I named guys who were more important than Cena. He is not top ten...I might adjust my original thought and say he is top 20 but your snorting some of Walters Whites meth if you think he's top ten.

· Registered
5,921 Posts
I'm certainly not a cena hater but the suggestion that he is top ten All TIME is ludicrous

bruno sammartino
Dusty Rhodes
Hulk hogan
Triple h
Ric flair
SCSA
The rock
Undertaker
Superstar billy graham
And just to piss everyone off the man who never gets old Bob Backland

Just off the top of my head, in no particular order, I named guys who were more important than Cena. He is not top ten...I might adjust my original thought and say he is top 20 but your snorting some of Walters Whites meth if you think he's top ten.
Let me present you a situation

You're starting a business, you have let's say the 9th pick of picking a wrestler out of any era to start a business with and be the face of your company. Your choice is between Cena, Backland, and Bruno. Who are you taking?

· Registered
9,784 Posts
No. Cena never had a special connection with the fanbase, they turned on him the moment they pushed him on a main event level in 2005. He's going to get big pops like he's getting every Monday and obviously a more positive response when he will not be there full time but nothing special.

Cena is top 10 whether people agree or not
He's not.

· Registered
381 Posts
Let me present you a situation

You're starting a business, you have let's say the 9th pick of picking a wrestler out of any era to start a business with and be the face of your company. Your choice is between Cena, Backland, and Bruno. Who are you taking?
Of course the answer would be Cena because we are In the present....

The term "all time" is what I have an issue with. Bruno and backland made the company bank because it was a different time period. The same way that 30 years from now Cena wouldn't mean shit

If you want to amend and say that he is top ten material of the current era I will agree. But there is no way I can morally say that he is better than a lot of the guys from the past.

· Registered
5,921 Posts

The term "all time" is what I have an issue with. Bruno and backland made the company bank because it was a different time period. The same way that 30 years from now Cena wouldn't mean shit

If you want to amend and say that he is top ten material of the current era I will agree. But there is no way I can morally say that he is better than a lot of the guys from the past.
Doesn't that have to account in your lists though, drawing power? People shit on Bret Hart and HBK all the time here for their supposed lack of drawing power.

And it backfired in the mid 90s for Hogan, but then look at 2002.

· Banned
11,315 Posts
Hey it could backfire too.
It's called nostalgia

I prefer to see Rock now to Austin but he is my childhood favorite star.I ll cheer him no matter what

Comparing a wrestler to his contemparies is the only solution to see how good is

Cena is way ahead of the current stars

There have only been 4 highly relevant stars since 1984:

Hogan
Austin
Rock
Cena

· Registered
381 Posts
Doesn't that have to account in your lists though, drawing power? People shit on Bret Hart and HBK all the time here for their supposed lack of drawing power.

And it backfired in the mid 90s for Hogan, but then look at 2002.
I'm done arguing haha there is no way to compare because it's a different time.

If you want to believe he is top ten of all time then go for it (Y)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.