Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I started watching TNA Impact the first show I saw was Storm taking the belt from Angle and he lost it to Roode shortly thereafter. A lot of you say Storm was great as a tag team wrestler. How was he as a singles wrestler before he beat Angle for the belt? I haven't been impressed with him at all so far but I haven't seen that much of him since I started watching in Nov. Maybe he would be better with the belt or was better before his feud with Roode? I admit I don't like him but that could change if I see him not looking for sympathy so much and has a better storyline than chasing Roode all over.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
He is pretty solid. Not a super great worker or anything but still capable of having a great match if paired with the right guy.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I wasn't a regular watcher of TNA during Storm's first singles run before Beer Money and after AMW, but he did have a MOTY candidate with Chris Harris at Sacrifice 2007 in a Texas Death match. From what I remember the feud was pretty good, but they also had one very awful at Lockdown that year in a blindfold match. Other than that I think he had some beer drinking championship with Eric Young which was pretty funny.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Like CradleShockSabin said, he had a amazing feud with the now well known legend branden walker back when he wasn't fat and then got build into a tremendous heel.

Also he always had gold segments like this...

Him looking for "sympathy" is the good old mick foley tactic and it works because he paid his way to get there so you feel like he's talking from the heart.

·
Premium Member
4,288 Posts
I started watching TNA when he was having his fued with Rhino and really liked the storyline I was impressed with his ability to get sympathy for Rhino and heat from the crowd. It was one of the main reasons I tuned in each week. I've been a fan ever since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts