Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didnt put this in the wwe game section because i would like to gear the discussion more towards the comments made in the game not the actual game itself..

Was playing WWE '12 as i occasionally do or when i can get the chance, (Which is not much these days) and had an interest in making a match that features two superstars that will be competing at Over the Limit, Daniel Bryan and CM Punk. While playing this match, an interesting discussion emerged from the commentary table...

Cole- "Daniel Bryan has dabbled around in the minor leagues for about 10 years before making it big here in WWE; and now faces serious competition, like CM Punk."

Lawler- "Well, like usual, you got it all wrong, Cole. Punk has paid his dues too. The internet fans are gonna love this match!"

Cole- "The internet!? who cares about the internet? This is WWE and thats the only thing that matters.."

(paraphrased from memory ^^^)

I paused the game shortly after that. Surely the Michael Cole in real life isn't delusional. He knows how important the internet is to the WWE thats why he keeps pushing Twitter. Now, my point is, since this is a video game that mostly children/internet marks/gamers will play, they will most likely here this comment when matching these two characters up together. Since Cole is Vince's mouthpiece anyways, it feels that was purposely in by Vince as a jab to the IWC.

Your thoughts on the comment that was made and what Vince thinks of the IWC? What are other instances where VKM has shitted on the IWC?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I remember in the 2011 royal rumble, I think it was Matt Striker who mentioned something about the internet, and cole responded with the same sort of comment, may have even been "stupid internet" he reffered to it as.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
I believe Cole lives very much inside the 'WWE bubble', and doesn't understand most of what people go through just to get there from the 'minor leagues' as he calls tem. Still, I bet vince fucks with us on purpose because he finds it funny.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I remember in the 2011 royal rumble, I think it was Matt Striker who mentioned something about the internet, and cole responded with the same sort of comment, may have even been "stupid internet" he reffered to it as.
Yeah, that was when Punk and Bryan were the first two in the rumble and then Regal joined in a bit later and Striker was marking out bro.

·
Registered
873 Posts
This sounds more like the programmers having a little fun with the game. Programmers are known for throwing Easter Eggs, optical illusions, etc, and they probably had a smark or two amongst their ranks.

I seriously doubt Vince cares about half the stuff they put in that game, unless someone actually says "wrestling is fake!"

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,085 Posts
one of the key developers is actually a huge danielson Mark.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
one of the key developers is actually a huge danielson Mark.
I remember seeing the videos of gameplay with one of the developers and he was showing off Bryan's comeback routine. They put the MMA elbows in and the developer was saying "He doesn't use this much in the WWE but he used it a lot back in Ring of Honor", I think he kept calling him American Dragon as well.

You could tell they put a lot of work into his character model as well, he was one of the best looking ones in the game.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Vince had to ignore IWC for a very long time. I do believe he is still forced to adjust to many things.

This is why he must have guys like Stephanie, Shane and Paul Heyman to tell him like it is. Also the reason why this era does not belong to him. It belongs to the guys like Russo (read and weep) who understands the importance of the net. I know Vince was forced to understand (hence FB and Twitter suck up) but I don't believe he wants to.

He did not build his company around IWC (future chairman of the board will completely though) which it makes it very hard for him to understand new school. Future lies in the internet and everyone who has half a brain cell can see that.

As long as this company is built around very outdated Ratings Only Matter system his company will never reach new heights. But I have no doubt in my mind Stephanie and HHH knows exactly what I'm talking about.

Just like he changed wrestling forever in 1984 (when he did understood the direction wrestling needed to take to be successful) I believe someone will step up and change it again when Vince steps down(rather forced to step down in this situation).

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I honestly think VKM completely ignore's IWC opinion, otherwise a lot of his business descisions over the years would have been done differently.

If you think about it in business terms, Forums are like reviews; Full of trolls expressing an opinion on the product.. and a decent business mind will do their market research on these reviews etc and learn how to improve the product.

Vince seems to have this element of his brain missing, if a storyline is getting stale he will personally decide what to do with little help from advisors let alone market research.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I honestly think VKM completely ignore's IWC opinion, otherwise a lot of his business descisions over the years would have been done differently.

If you think about it in business terms, Forums are like reviews; Full of trolls expressing an opinion on the product.. and a decent business mind will do their market research on these reviews etc and learn how to improve the product.

Vince seems to have this element of his brain missing, if a storyline is getting stale he will personally decide what to do with little help from advisors let alone market research.
Then how do you explain the Daniel Bryan and Punk reigns? True, they haven't been "Main Eventers" in a complete sense, but he was throwing a bone on that one.

I think he's very bi polar about the whole internet thing. Even going back to the Montreal Screwjob, part of him turning into a heel as Mr. McMahon, was a press release with shoot written all over it. So he's always known about it, and he's always had animosity towards it, but he also knows that in order to have a brand, you need a core fan base. I think he knows the internet is important, and that the IWC will stick with the product and at least get him 2+ ratings on Raw, but he never wants to feel like he caved to the IWC, or that the nerds are dictating his ideas. So he may he may go with the internet consensus, but he's only going to do it if he can rationalize as not caving.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts

Vince seems to have this element of his brain missing, if a storyline is getting stale he will personally decide what to do with little help from advisers let alone market research.
Well I could try to explain things to you but I rather have an insider and a true pro do it for you. After you watch this you will understand where I'm coming from:

·
Registered
2,148 Posts

Vince doesn't ignore the IWC. He used to routinely lift ideas from Wrestlingclassics about 12 years ago. Word for word sometimes. Wrestlingclassics pretty much wrote and booked the Rikishi character for about a year for free.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
They take a shot at TNA and any other company out there at the sametime...

Matt: What's interesting about Daniel Bryan is that he spent twelve years honing his craft, toiling in the minor leagues; imagine what it would mean for Daniel Bryan to go to WrestleMania.
Michael Cole: Minor leagues???
Matt: Yeah, before he came to the WWE, everything's the minor leagues.
Michael Cole: Well, for CM Punk, he's in the big time now. CM Punk, the three-time World Champion and about to go to school on this dork Daniel Bryan.
Jerry: Yeah, if what you say is right, then CM Punk was in the minor leagues.
Matt: Yeah, this is...a lot of the Internet loves this match-up right now.
Michael Cole: The Internet loves this, the Internet loves that. Who cares about the stupid Internet?!

·
#OVER
11,548 Posts
Vince likes to act like he doesn't care about internet fans, yet everything he does is with them in mind. He's obsessed.

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
Cole is just heeling it up, knowing full well that a large percentage of the gamers playing the game are more than likely fat, lonely IWC virgins like us.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts