Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So according to Lethal on Reaction, Lethal needs someone to counter Cookie's interference, and Taylor Wilde just isn't enough.

I know there are some out there who like the Shore gimmick, but I hope most will agree with me that it reeks of cheap opportunism and pushing someone purely because they have a relevant pop-culture gimmick is a fundamentally bad idea. What's more, I've seen nothing from Shore that makes me think Robbie E deserves to hold the x-div title. He's boring, and Cookie is useless. Lethal needs to get that belt back asap, and TNA need to make the whole angle achieve something other than just to piss off the fans (if management can't see that Shore are getting x-pac heat they're deluded).

Anyhow, on to my suggestion; resign Awesome Kong. Imagine the reaction when Lethal reveals that he's found someone to handle Cookie, and Kong comes out. Cookie gets awesome bombed, Robbie E gets a Lethal injection, the crowd are finally happy, Lethal goes onto a decent feud, Kong gets back in the Knockouts title picture, and Shore are relegated to Jobber status (TNA could use a couple more jobbers).

Thoughts?

And please, don't bother defending Shore. I know, some people find stupid shit entertaining. Good for you. I don't, so please don't try to change my mind, I know you won't change yours if you actually like these wastes of roster space already.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Shore's awesome, my dude.
Honestly, just because you don't like him doesn't mean everyone has to agree with you. They are just booking a feud, thus the interference.

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
My dude, I know most people won't like him but I'm finding him entertaining. I like Lethal but I can't be drawn in by his character. The weird thing is they're somewhat presenting him as the everyday guy that's getting to live his dream which is something I should be a fan of as I should be able to relate to it. His segments are okish..nothing bad as the Reaction cam does help him alot and I kinda hated the Black Machismo gimmick, but I'm fine with Robbie E with the title.

Kong coming back that way would be cool, but I'm still fine with E going over Lethal with the title and pretty much having a chicken shit JBL-esque title reign.

And as LadyCroft said, Xpac heat is heat regardless. You still hate him so it doesn't matter. Cena was a cheap cash in on what was "hot" at the time and the guy's the face of the company he's in now. I'm sure there were a bunch of people that didn't think he was getting far. I'm willing to give this guy a chance as many wrestlers do grow and evolve from what they once were.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
If they're having a rematch, the trick is to simply ban Cookie from ringside and should she interfere, Robbie E gets stripped of the belt. And then the crowd rejoice.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
He's a heel. Getting heat is what he does best.

The only problem is that the booking since Lethals victory over Flair has been so abysmal, no one gives a flying ogre shit.

·
Purebred Powerhouse
5,754 Posts
First off, regarding The Shore and whether or not they're over...

In a time when it's cool to cheer the heels and hope your favorite wrestlers turn heel so you can like them again (do you even realize how ass-backwards that is?), I think it's a sign of a good heel act when they can piss off even the "smarks" with their actions.

With that being said, The Shore is a good heel act. They've tapped into something that's relevant, and they're getting heat for it.

I wasn't completely sold on it before, but Robbie E telling Cookie, "You almost gave me a heart attack, BRO!" on Impact last Thursday just convinced me.

I couldn't care less whether they are "cool" heels or not. They're fucking heels. You're not supposed to like them.

For a group of people who are supposed to know so much about the inner working of the business, I just cannot understand why "smarks" can't grasp that concept.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,993 Posts
Problem with that, OP, is that Kong is more over and more credible than Lethal. She'd overshadow him.

I'd either do a big reunion with SoCal Val, bring in TBP as his backup (they'd take issue with SHORE right?) or use someone who doesn't get anywhere near enough screentime, like Sarita or Hamada.

·
You are being watched
5,683 Posts
Daffney? No need to resign, no need for the big wage demands of Kong, use someone on the roster?

·
Registered
12 Posts
My dude, I can't stand the guy! I just want to punch him in the face! And him taking the title winds the crap out of me!...so he's the perfect heel...

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
One glaring hole with the Shore. They..... can't wrestle.

In order to get over with the TNA audience you gotta be somewhat slick in the ring. Tony MaMaluke could of done a better job with the gimmick.

Shore = Bust. Give Nigel McGuiness the X Belt and watch what he can do with it.

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
My dude, I know most people won't like him but I'm finding him entertaining. I like Lethal but I can't be drawn in by his character. The weird thing is they're somewhat presenting him as the everyday guy that's getting to live his dream which is something I should be a fan of as I should be able to relate to it. His segments are okish..nothing bad as the Reaction cam does help him alot and I kinda hated the Black Machismo gimmick, but I'm fine with Robbie E with the title.

Kong coming back that way would be cool, but I'm still fine with E going over Lethal with the title and pretty much having a chicken shit JBL-esque title reign.

And as LadyCroft said, Xpac heat is heat regardless. You still hate him so it doesn't matter. Cena was a cheap cash in on what was "hot" at the time and the guy's the face of the company he's in now. I'm sure there were a bunch of people that didn't think he was getting far. I'm willing to give this guy a chance as many wrestlers do grow and evolve from what they once were.
I agree 100%!

·
Banned
10,007 Posts
Your suggestion of Kong returning and Robbie jobbing is terrible, in my opinion. You want something positive? Try:

1) The X-Division title is getting a good feud on TV for the first time in years.

2) TNA is pushing a young talent in Rob Eckos.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I could'nt care less about The Shore or their fued with Lethal.
When they appear on tv i change the channel.

also what does getting heat over the internet do for a wrestler ? nothing

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Looking at spin cycle maybel ethal can get mickie as his backup.

·
Registered
673 Posts

I'm not sure X-Pac Heat is a good thing. It means fans don't care and would want to see another heel instead...

According to wiki :

Go away heat is generally not acknowledged by announcers as it indicates that an element of the product is failing to go over with fans.

The term X-Pac Heat has been used to describe this kind of heat, with the name of the wrestler receiving it supplied; for example, "X-Pac Heat" was used commonly during the Invasion storyline when X-Pac was booed and his opponents cheered despite X-Pac being cast as aligned with the WWF and thus as a face, simply because the fans disliked X-Pac as a wrestler.
But I'm hoping the shore can turn this x-pac heat into real heel heat.

By the way, Robbie and Cookie can both wrestle... I don't know what's wrong with their wrestling...

·
Banned
4,479 Posts
Robbie E was the final straw in my hopes of taking TNA seriously.

When he goes back to jobbing dark matches (where he should be) I may tune in again

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
you just said Robbie E is boring? and you're comparing him with Lethal? ok....

Lethal with no gimmick voice/act is the most boring guy on the roster

·
Registered
155 Posts
Honestly, just because you don't like him doesn't mean everyone has to agree with you. They are just booking a feud, thus the interference.
CAN YOU FUCKING READ? DID YOU BOTHER TO READ THE PART WHERE HE SAID HE WOULDNT TRY TO CHANGE YOUR OPINION?

The positive aspects for me so far are the fist on the butt and jobby calling cookie "bro". That was awesome/hilarious. Otherwise, it is godawful cheap heat, my dude.

I like the Kong idea a lot! Also, it was sad when someone mentioned tony mamaluke, I'd much rather watch him.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)

Did I say everyone has to agree with me? I believe I made a point of the fact that I KNOW some people don't agree with me, and I don't care. What point are you making?

And I get the reason for the fucking interference. Doesn't change the fact that I still think Shore are fucking shite, and I don't want them stinking up impact with their stupid gimmick and boring wrestling.

Edit: Jay Lethal's current gimmick may be boring, but I think he's a pretty charismatic guy and his ring work I find far from boring. Robbie E should not be in the x-division, he's done nothing whatsoever in the ring that stands out. Whether he can wrestle or not is irrelevant, he may be solid in ring but it's clear he's ONLY getting this push because TNA want to cash in on the Shore gimmick. The fans knew this the moment Shore debuted, and they've done nothing at all to convince the fans that they belong in TNA.

As for the "you should be happy they're pushing a new guy in a proper x-div feud" argument; this may seem bizarre to you, but I base my appreciation of a wrestler/feud on how ENTERTAINING I find them, not solely on who gets pushed. It's called being a wrestling fan. I don't WANT Robbie E to get a push just because he's young and new, because I don't fucking like him or his talentless valet. Name any x-division wrestler in TNA, and I would rather they feud with Lethal than Robbie E and Cookie.

Further Edit: MovieStarR™, I have a horrible, horrible feeling you're exactly right and we're gonna see J-Woww again.

Something Savage, fuck off with that "just coz it's cool to cheer heels" shit. Here's the thing; if a heel makes me want to watch them get beaten, they're a good heel. If a heel makes me want to stop watching, they're a bad heel. Got that in your head?

x-pac heat =/= heat.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts