Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The question is simple: How to make TNA better than it is now!

Lately, i came to know a lot of different ideas and suggestions to improve TNA, where the company is mistaking and up to what time they will give WWE a decent competition.

I strongly believe that after WCW, there has been a lack of "serious" competition for WWE, so here's some ideas:

1)Boost TNA originals:

It is good to have someone from WCW,WWE or ECW......but they really need to create some of there own superstars. After 8 long years, all we can count are AJ Styles, Abyess, Beer Money & MCMG, or so...who can main event. Too bad...Christopher Danials is gone..he was about ready to become next champion.

2)Make sensible groups:

DX will always remind WWE, nWo will do the same for WCW. There should be somthing for TNA too. MEM was a total crap...not because i am not fan of those "former champions"..but because these kind of groups are to crease and motivate young stars.(say for evolution etc.) But in MEM...no way!!!

3)Please...SELL THE INJURIES!!!!:

This i think is 1 of the main problems in TNA. Even in a main event match, after getting hit hard....most of the time opponent looks like he didn't feel any thing. I am not saying he shoud shout or cry like a baby(as Booker T used to do)but at least feel a bit dizzy or give expression of being a bit injure or something.
When a wrestler strikes back, he suddenly recharges his battery and stamina.
Most of the time the winner just gets up and waves at the fans...no matter how bad he was beaten up.

4)Give Knockout Division some storyline other than BP:

For a long time, the storyline for knockout devision is revolving around BP much. Too bad Alissa Flash is gone.... the need 1 more group against BP.....its not necessary to make them faces, but make a revelry.
They made a move by giving it tag titles, but it still need to work out.

5) Gimmick Matches:

WWE has tried several ideas to make there PPVs and even single matches interesting with different rules and regulations. Thats why some of the PPVs are still unique and fan favorite after that many years.(say Royal Rumble. KOTR, Survivor Series)
TNA has trid to copy WWE in different ways, i it should copy some the PPV ideas...if it really has to copy. Like making a "over the top rope #1 cont." match. The winner will face the champion in their biggest PPV. King of the mountain rule is not that great...honestly.
They can simply bring back the "bra n panty" matches!! really most of us miss them...don't we?;)

There can be many ideas...These are some.

Just want to know if you agree with any of above or have more ideas?

·
Banned
1,506 Posts
In my opinion...

OUT: Bullshit storylines, Hogan, Bischoff, and the rest of the other old bastards

IN: Paul Heyman, More wrestling that lasts for more than 5 minutes, New venue, BETTER advertising, More Knowledge sense on how to promote the product.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Bischoff isn't that bad. More than likely any good angles since Jan. 4 are his the and the majority of the bad ones are Hogan's.

Eric Bischoff, Shane McMahon, and Paul Heyman would rock.

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
Bischoff isn't that bad. More than likely any good angles since Jan. 4 are his the and the majority of the bad ones are Hogan's.

Eric Bischoff, Shane McMahon, and Paul Heyman would rock.
No they are Russo's mainly.

- Consistent and logical booking.

- More focused on wrestling, otherwise it's just WWE-lite.

- Less old farts getting air time.

- Out with Russo.

- Less stables.

- Less gimmick matches given away on free TV, but this goes along with Russo leaving.

- Better advertising.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Bischoff hasn't done much in TNA actually aside from on-air talent and suggesting stuff. He's mostly around to pitch his stupid shows to Spike TV.

Here's a few things:
- Get rid of Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff and Vince Russo. Don't let their contracts get renewed.
- Bring in someone competent to run TNA such as Paul Heyman. Give him complete control, Dixie Carter has a wrong mind for this company.
- Stop relying on former WWE/WCW/ECW talent. Build up new talent instead. The older stars have had their time, let them move on. Either use them less, give them an off-air position or let them go. A few are apparently going to the new Florida promotion anyway.
- Get out of the Impact Zone. That place is cancer and consists of cast members, not real wrestling fans. The Asylum was a better location anyway.
- Go on the road. TNA house shows are a success and a working part of the company. Get Impact, Xplosion and the PPVs everywhere.
- Cut down the roster. If you have no use for them, release them. If they don't know how to work a ring, show them the door. If they're awful on television, kick them out.
- Convert Xplosion into a true "second show" in order to use as much of the roster as possible.
- Have decent storylines, not rehashing shit from decades ago.
- Stop focusing the Knockouts division on the Beautiful People. It's getting too old now. Then again, Hogan and Bischoff got rid of decent wrestlers in favour of Diva-like talent and useless shits like Rosie Lottalove.
- Increase advertising. This is a major weak point of the company. It is rarely used but when it is, it helps the company a lot. They promoted the fuck out of the outdoor show weeks ago and they got the highest attendance in a TNA US event.
- Hire better graphic designers, website staff and musicians.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,967 Posts
Don't come out at a certain point of your entrance music, pose, walk to the ring, pose, climb the turnbuckle, pose, then wait patiently for your opponent to do the same thing.

That formula was Vince McMahon's invention, why copy it? That goes for every aspect of TNA's show.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
I feel TNA has just really gotten off the mark for the last 6 months.

I just think they need to sit down and apply a little basic wrestling 101 to their product.

They need things to make sense, give their audience a reason to like their fan favorites, a reason to hate their heels, put on good matches, tell simple stories that everyone can follow as not to confuse any member of their audience, give their audience a reason to care about what they're seeing happening in the ring and on television.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Don't come out at a certain point of your entrance music, pose, walk to the ring, pose, climb the turnbuckle, pose, then wait patiently for your opponent to do the same thing.

That formula was Vince McMahon's invention, why copy it? That goes for every aspect of TNA's show.
I dont think thats an issue considering half the roster doesnt even get legit intros anymore and are already in the ring coming out of the commercial break!

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
One way to make TNA better is to make a change in announcers. If you're trying to create an edgier product, you need a different announcer than Mike Tenay. I'd vote for Mike Goldberg. It'd be a great cross-promotion for both TNA and the UFC. He might draw some of the UFC fans as well. And you should turn Taz back into an unapologetic heel announcer, openly endorsing the villains.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Get Rid of: 12 PPVs a year, reduce to 4 PPVs: Slammi, Lockdown, Bound for Glory, Destination X, Orlando Jordan, Rob Terry, Madison Rayne, Dr Stevie, Raven.

Bring in: 6 sided ring, Awesome Kong, the Briscoes, Alissa Flash, Shelton Benjamin, Mickie James.

·
Banned
10,007 Posts
This is clearly going to become a 'I'd hire _ and sign _' thread so in terms of decisions that would improve TNA for me, I'd scrap the Knockouts divisions, get rid of Xplosion, rename the TV title as the North American title and the X-Division title as the Cruiserweight title. Aside from those things TNA's great.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Create a big time feel to the show, how is not my problem. That's the only major problem in TNA to me that I can complain about.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I'd go with a move from the impact zone would help. Im sure they could eventually fill bigger venues. Tbh the current product aint that bad and the ratings are slowly going up. Hogan should keep doing occasional appearances and push talent to the top like the Pope.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Get rid of Abyss. And make Hogan and Bischoff less annoying.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I have noticed them pushing new and original talent more than a few months ago. I used to have my reservations about TNA because it was such a retirement home.

One more suggestion: make Jeff Hardy champion for about 6 months ^_^

1 - 20 of 46 Posts