Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why can't bryan tweak his character a little bit and stop saying the same word over and over again.
I find it damn annoying and weird even though he is hell of a wrestler.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Sorry, you want Bryan to stop using the gimmick that helped get and keep him so ridiculously over that he's going to get chants during the main event at WM?

No....no....no....

·
Banned
7,451 Posts
Turn Daniel Bryan into a frootie tootie superstar, change his theme music to just a playing harp, and have confetti fall from the arena when he enters the ring.

I bet you those Yes! chants will go away.

Then again, anything can happen in the WWE. :vince

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
He should only throw up his arms a few times to get the chant started instead of doing the motion over and over with the crowd.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
At this point, it would be like trying to make Austin in 1999 get rid of "Gimmie a hell yeah!" or the Rock in 2000 get rid of "if ya smellllllllll...".

The yes chant will forever be associated with Bryan. It's what made him as popular as he is.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Daniel Bryan is the most over superstar in the company. There's no reason to change his character, why fix something that isn't broken.

Tbh, even if Bryan were to go away from doing the YES chant, the crowd would still chant it for Bryan.

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
He shouldn't stop the yes chant, it's part of his character now & will be forever :yes

·
Banned
7,730 Posts
He should become a tweener and change it up to a neutral arm motion with a chant of "perhaps" or "maybe".

Am I going to win the Intercontinental Title this Sunday at WrestleMania? PERHAPS! PERHAPS! PERHAPS!

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
As others have said, Bryan is stuck with it for the rest of his career and most likely the rest of his life, even when he does turn heel the fans will still be chanting it.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
The "Yes!" chants disgust me, even besides the fact it's more of a kindergarten-style sing-along than a wrestling chant at this point. It's not the "yes we can" kind of yes, but the "yes, I consent to rape" yes. Or in this case, "yes, I'll chant whatever's fun to join the crowd with."

·
Registered
264 Posts
The problem for Bryan is that it is making him incredibly one dimensional. That chant has been incorporated into every facet of his performance, it's part of his entrance, it accounts for most of his promo work and he has incorporated into his matches. After nearly 3 years of this it is becoming stale.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Ummmm start chanting ''No''?

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Once he turns heel and is going for a more darker character then he will lose them but people will chant it at him to get on his nerves, but he should just ignore them.

They are with him for life though.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Gonna really look forward to doing it with the crowd live at Wrestlemania!

YES, YES, YES!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts