Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A lot of people have been saying that they think Jericho should come back at the Royal Rumble. While seeing a wrestler who's been out for some time come back during the Rumble can often be exciting, Jericho should be nowhere near the Rumble. Because of the way he was put on the shelf, there is a much more interesting way to bring him back. As I'm sure you'll all remember, right before Jericho was punted in the head, he had vowed to expose the GM to the world.

At some point on Raw, either tomorrow or on the Raw after the Rumble, Cole will get up to read a message from the GM. After he finishes reading it, he'll step down from the podium and the e-mail noise will play again, before he even gets to his seat. He'll get back up and read the new message, one that completely contradicts the previous message. For example, the first e-mail said that Orton will get a rematch for the title tomorrow night, and the second says that not only will he not get a rematch, but he's going to be in a handicap match against all of Nexus. Orton will look annoyed while Cole shrugs helplessly and gestures at the laptop. The following week something similar happens, only this time there's a third e-mail that confirms the first. The announce team starts talking about how there's something wrong with the GM. This kind of thing continues for a few weeks, until the night of the PPV. That night, there's a message that simply says, "Tomorrow". On the following Raw, the show opens with a message from the GM. Cole gets up to read it, and all it says is, "Raw." After the first match, another message. This one says, "Is." Then at the top of the hour a third e-mail. Cole gets up, opens the laptop, and his eyes bug out. He says nothing, and looks around for a moment or two, before saying, "And I quote...Jericho". Jericho's music hits and he comes out to cut a promo. He talks about how he's spent his time away doing everything he could think of to figure out who the Raw GM is, up to and including sending e-mails from the GM's account. He then reveals who the GM is. If it's a wrestler, this sets up Jericho's return feud. If it's not, then the GM can come out and set up Orton as his "champion" to face Jericho at the next PPV.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
LOL Royal Rumble thats it. That, or costing Orton the title at Wrestlemania for revenge.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Sounds good. RAW is Jericho claiming a face turn though?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Bunch of stuff he can do:

Get revenge on Orton in the Rumble. They'd likely both be included in the elimination chamber match at No Way Out and then have a match at Mania. Jericho would have to work hard to get over as a heel IMO.

Come back and screw Morrison for some reason. I think this would actually get Jericho more heat, again elimination chamber and then Mania.

Reveal that the GM is Triple H. This is my favorite, I don't get why these guys haven't feuded in eight years or whatever.

Smackdown does desperately need a big face, so he can find some reason to get involved with Del Rio.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Coming out in the middle of Taker's Mania match if he makes it to Mania and costs him the match, epic.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Jericho has to come back face because he'll get amazing reactions when he returns.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
How about not bringing him back at all. I'm sick of seeing these late 90's stars break down into shells of their former selves. It taints the memory of their past greatness and stops the young guys from ever helping the business move forward.

40 year olds main eventing Wrestlemania? 40 year olds winning Royal Rumbles? 40 year olds holding World Titles? Everyone on here suggesting that Undertaker beat John Cena, Shawn Michaels return, and people who main evented 10 years ago should main event now? No wonder the product feels so stale...

·
Registered
878 Posts
How about not bringing him back at all. I'm sick of seeing these late 90's stars break down into shells of their former selves. It taints the memory of their past greatness and stops the young guys from ever helping the business move forward.

40 year olds main eventing Wrestlemania? 40 year olds winning Royal Rumbles? 40 year olds holding World Titles? Everyone on here suggesting that Undertaker beat John Cena, Shawn Michaels return, and people who main evented 10 years ago should main event now? No wonder the product feels so stale...
good call
people really don't know what they want

·
Registered
9,315 Posts

?_? Jericho is still one of the best performers in the world.

Don't think he should win the Rumble but he should definitely come back to get revenge on Randy Orton.

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
A return feud with with Orton for Wrestlemania would be awesome. Throw the WWE Championship into the mix - I would be a very happy little boy. Ha.

I honestly don't think Jericho will be back for Wrestlemania this year though...possibly a return in the summer... I just think he is enjoying his time away from the ring right now and doesn't want to rush his return.

·
Registered
308 Posts
only 2 possibilities for me. Jericho hijacks the GM like the OP has said and makes Orton's life a misery for a few weeks or he comes back AS the GM.

He could pretend that he just needed a break for a while. He could make his entrance to huge pops letting on to be a face and claiming he has found out who the GM is. He could go on about how hated the GM is and that all the fans want to know who he is the fans would go crazy knowing they would find out. He could completely change the mood by announcing that it is in fact he that has been GM all along. If he did something to what Punk did with stone cold's music it would be great. Like ''And you're anonymous GM is ...'HBK's music hits and the crowd go ape only after a while no HBK then boom. Laughter from Y2J and the announcement that he is the GM!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Am i the only one who wants a face Jericho to come back?

·
Registered
8 Posts
thats a real cool way to bring jericho back but jericho is gonna need a face turn cause when he comes back im sure the fans are gonna be excited so it should be a heel wrestler that can actually give jericho a good rivalry.

·
Registered
229 Posts

THIS ^

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I want Jericho to come back face but it wouldn't make any sense since the biggest face in the company punted him out of action so he'll probably come back heel and then hopefully slowly turn into a face.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts