Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A cool thought I had while drinking some brewskies. I think this might bring some eyeballs to AEW.

Firstly, if Tony Khan is smart, he is securing Braun, Black, Murphy, Ruby and Lana as we speak. I think he should be willing to open the wallet a bit to do it, too.

My idea is to introduce 4 out of 5 of these folks as an "outsider" faction. I am taking Lana out of the equation, as I would have her come into AEW with Miro and get the business suit and the accent back. They were red-hot with that set up. Just my opinion though.

So there's lots of ways to set up this idea, so I'm gonna keep it a bit vague in terms of what's happening in AEW leading up to the debut. Speculation says that all these people are free to start before the All-Out PPV.

I would start a feud now where Jon Moxley is up against the Pinnacle. Somewhere along the lines, they take Eddie Kingston out, leaving Moxley on his own. Maybe between now and then, they can get the title on MJF to set up Moxley vs. MJF as the main event of All-Out.

Moxley will wipe the floor with MJF in this match but ultimately lose due to blatant interference from the Pinnacle. After the match, the Pinnacle starts beating the fuck out of Moxley. They handcuff him to the ropes, hit him with weapons, etc. Seems like the show is going to end with Moxley getting taken out, just like his buddy Eddie did.

Then the lights go out. And this song begins to play (Tony gotta buy the rights for this too):

The lyrics appear on the big screen in cool grungy font...

"Today, I'm dirty. I want to be pretty. Tomorrow, I know I'm just dirt... Today, I'm dirty. I want to be pretty. Tomorrow, I know I'm just DIIIRRTTT..."

Lights come up a little bit but still dim, camera focused on the entrance. Music continues...

"We are the Nobodies. We wanna be somebodies. When we're dead, they'll know just who we are..."

As that chorus kicks in, Aleister Black rises up using similar backboard gimmick he used in the WWE:

Crowd pops huge. They think this is just the debut of Aleister Black to AEW. That alone has them on their feet, but it's just getting started...

We milk the Aleister appearance for another 45 seconds or so. Get a shot of the Pinnacle in the ring confused, not sure what to do. MJF panicking, etc. MJF gestures with his hands/fingers, indicating there are 5 of them and only 1 of Aleister Black.

Now the chorus plays in the song again... "We are the Nobodies..."

Now, Murphy, Riott and Braun rise up on their own backboard risers, one by one, standing next to Black. Pinnacle loses their shit. Crowd going insane now. Moxley still handcuffed to ropes. Music continues as the four "Nobodies" storm the ring and lay into all of the members of the Pinnacle. Music continues throughout the battle, lyrics still up on the big screen...

"Some children died the other day. We fed machines and, then, we prayed. Puked up and down in morbid faith. You should have seen the ratings that day..."

Riott gets some high spots in with assist from Murphy, Braun and Black. They clear the ring of all Pinnacle members, except Tully Blanchard.

The music cuts off now...

Braun intimidates Tully and gets him to cough up the key to the handcuffs. He passes the key to Black, who walks over to Moxley and uncuffs him from the ropes. Murphy and Riott then pull Moxley to his feet. Moxley stares at each of the "Nobodies" with an intense, shocked look. They all stare back just as intense. Then an evil grin comes over his face. The "Nobodies" all start laughing. A couple fist bumps and a hug from Ruby. "The Nobodies" song hits again. Mox, Braun, Murphy and Riott go to each corner and celebrate on the second rope, while Black sits cross-legged in the center of the ring.

Show goes off the air.

Going forward, this 5-person group called "The Nobodies" terrorizes AEW, nWo-style. People who are angry and bitter for being discarded like "dirt". The group goes after both faces and heels. You got yourself a year's worth of storyline off this.

Side note: I really love the Marilyn Manson "The Nobodies" song for this group, as well as the name. Some of the lyrics tie into real life, how the WWE just dumped them out of nowhere and now they're coming back for revenge. e.g. "Today, I'm dirty, I want to be pretty. Tomorrow, I know I'm just dirt" and "We fed machines" and "You should've seen the ratings that day"

Book it, Tony. You won't. But one can dream.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Problem with this is you have again the Pinnacle likely losing again looking even more like chumps. They just lost to IC.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I wouldn’t hire them except Ruby as they need more woman. I’d start pushing and making their own stars not WWE cast off.

I honestly think Braun’s done with Wrestling

Banksy
420 Posts
I think Braun will end up in AEW
Maybe Black but with a new gimmick , song and name , will he still be as over.
If i recall , he was one of the longest serving nxt members due to the fact no one liked him until they came up with this Crowley like gimmick.
I think Ruby will end up on Impact.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I am going to address your first comment because I am not reading that whole thing. Tony doesn't need to sign any of them. Some of them would be fun to see in AEW (Black, Murphy, Ruby, Braun), but none of them are game changers. Black and Murphy are the best options for AEW, but Braun would add a new dynamic to the show.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Have Braun come out and throw Orange Cassidy halfway across the building into the crowd. Then give him a mic and have him take a shit on Cassidy and other "indy trash." There. He's the biggest heel in the company on night one.

Have Tommy End feud with Darby and Sting.

Ruby can just have a good match and step up to Baker.

Murphy would be a waste. Great wrestler but AEW has tons of guys like him. He's better off in Japan.

·
rasslin
7,179 Posts
Turn Stunt heel and have him cost Jungle Boy and Dino Douche the tag titles when they face the Bucks. He then has an open challenge where he only faces actual little people. After a few weeks, Braun accepts the challenge and destroys Stunt.

have Braun destroy jobbers for a while and then see how the crowd is reacting to him and go from there.

Donno about the others.

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
Tommy End would have to destroy Silver and remind Evil Uno/Grayson to get back to the roots. Ruby joins them to give Anna Jay/Tay Conti somebody to work against.

Lana obviously comes into the Kip/Penelop angle.

No to the others.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I can definitely see Tony booking a AEW vs 'WWE' Invasion angle. With The Elite going over. He's a mark for the 80's and 90's. There are so many free agents now and as WWE keeping dropping more, the price they can command just falls.

He's already used the former Zack Ryder and former Rowan on a pay by appearance basis. And has these alliances with NJPW, NWA and Impact. The storyline could be done on the cheap.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Love a well thought-out idea like this.

I dont wanna see ANOTHER group in AEW just yet tbh, but with the second show maybe they will have the room.

I like the idea as a whole but I think you have some of the wrong characters. Braun needs to be a 1-man gang. It works for him and he should be the big main-event type player. Eddie and Mox play off each other well, despite being Alpha types. Eddie pretty much plays second fiddle to Mox tho. Id rather Black was the leader of his own thing. Even Dark Order.

Murphy and Riot with Black and 1-2 others would work as well for the storyline, and you could still get more from Braun and Mox seperately. Id like Luther as part of the group, but as a follower type. Have him walk around for weeks interupting stuff with 'They're coming' and being ignored. Have him act scared of them. Kaz might be a good fit too. If you want one big guy then Id give JD Drake a little push! He's ready for that role.

Its a good idea tho I think! The music the entrance. Its cool. Though they could easily debut against Team Tazz too. Even the Elite!

Black, Murphy, Kaz, Drake, Riott w/Luther would be my picks. Luther generally just walking around them confused/excited/scared/crazy. Always in the background like a loon.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts