Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
clearly they knew Reigns would receive some backlash, or they wouldn't have had Rock come out to make the "save".

it's not rocket science. What it comes down to is just better booking. If they were dead set on Reigns winning, and knew Bryan would be eliminated early, there's so many options they could have went to allow Reigns to win without getting boo'd.

final 3 could have been Reigns & Ambrose when........ Rollins music hits for the #30 .

most likely gets a "This Is Awesome" crowd response.

J&J help eliminate Ambrose, which leaves Rollins vs. Reigns.

J&J are helping to try and eliminate Reigns as well when either The Rock comes out or "I HEAR VOICES IN MY HEAD" hits, the crowd goes nuts as Orton RKO's everybody allowing Reigns to get the win..

So easy, but no Vince knows what's best for business and that's Reigns overcoming 20+ year veterans nobody gives 2 shits about anymore.

·
Banned
5,743 Posts
clearly they knew Reigns would receive some backlash, or they wouldn't have had Rock come out to make the "save".

it's not rocket science. What it comes down to is just better booking. If they were dead set on Reigns winning, and knew Bryan would be eliminated early, there's so many options they could have went to allow Reigns to win without getting boo'd.

final 3 could have been Reigns & Ambrose when........ Rollins music hits for the #30 .

J&J help eliminate Ambrose, which leaves Rollins vs. Reigns.

J&J are helping to try and eliminate Reigns as well when either The Rock comes out or "I HEAR VOICES IN MY HEAD" hits, the crowd goes nuts as Orton RKO's everybody allowing Reigns to get the win..

So easy, but no Vince knows what's best for business and that's Reigns overcoming 20+ year veterans nobody gives 2 shits about anymore.
After Rollins performance last night he wasn't going to be booed for entering the rumble.

The crowd wasn't buying Reigns no matter what but i agree it may not have been so bad if the booking was better.

No one wanted to see him win. He hasn't separated himself from The Shield and gone out there and gotten really over on his own merit. This is of course not entirely his fault.

We just don't want Roman Reigns in the main event yet. He's had one ppv singles match and he isn't any good in the ring yet.

What is there to cheer for? Seriously he has no personality or character. Vince is relying on us to lose our minds when he does is three moves and flicks his hair back.

Never going to work.

·
Currently booking tonight’s card...
HBK ⚜️ SAINTS ⚜️ CSRO
2,734 Posts
That's the only reason I think Bryan was eliminated early last night, was to get him out of sight before Reigns showed up... Imagine the response if Daniel was one of the last few that got dumped out then Roman took the win?

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
They could of easily avoided it by have Daniel Bryan or Dolph Ziggler win. It was as simple as that. The ending last night was just as overbooked as your ending, and it didn't help at all.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
obviously having Bryan win would have been a better option.

But since Vince is dead set on Reigns, having a better booked finish would have made a lot more sense.

·
on the right track
3,702 Posts
Wait a year or so, let him develop. Have him win the Rumble next year and main event possibly the biggest WM ever.

But Vince will be Vince.

·
Banned
2,961 Posts
They would have shat on it anyway. They were crying because their favourite didn't win, didn't matter how Reigns did it they were going to cry regardless.

Reactions: The Legit DMD

·
Registered
15,835 Posts
They would have shat on it anyway. They were crying because their favourite didn't win, didn't matter how Reigns did it they were going to cry regardless.
How many times is this bullshit going to be repeated? IF Ziggler or Ambrose had won it the pop would have been huge... however, by the end of the rumble if Rusev had won there would have been a better reaction. It wasn't just about Bryan, but about forcing the one guy that isn't over enough for the push he is getting.

I like Reigns, but he is not ready. Period. This push has greatly damaged his future potential simply because Vince has to force his idiotic views on the audience. He has now completely proven he is no creative genius and that any praise for his creativity is ludicrous.

·
Banned
2,961 Posts
How many times is this bullshit going to be repeated? IF Ziggler or Ambrose had won it the pop would have been huge... however, by the end of the rumble if Rusev had won there would have been a better reaction. It wasn't just about Bryan, but about forcing the one guy that isn't over enough for the push he is getting.

I like Reigns, but he is not ready. Period. This push has greatly damaged his future potential simply because Vince has to force his idiotic views on the audience. He has now completely proven he is no creative genius and that any praise for his creativity is ludicrous.
Several times, because it's true. They were booing virtually non stop from the minute Daniel Bryan was eliminated to close of broadcast. There was the odd pop for Mizdow or The Rock but the clear objection was to Bryan being eliminated. When you're shitting on a show like that you don't get to be nuanced.

I didn't want Reigns to win either, I've no interested in him against Lesnar, but there's no need to pretend that the crowd were objecting to anything other than Bryan not winning. They did the same thing last year when Mysterio entered giving him all sorts of unwarranted abuse despite people like CM Punk still being in the match.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I can almost guarantee the crowd would have been a little more lenient for a Reigns win IF Rock/Orton had helped him win.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts

With that crowd last night and how he performed against Lesnar/Cena? They'd have done a "WE WANT ROLLINS" chant so loud the rafters would have shaken.

·
Banned
2,961 Posts
I can almost guarantee the crowd would have been a little more lenient for a Reigns win IF Rock/Orton had helped him win.
Did you not watch the show? The Rock ran in and destroyed Kane and The Big Show to save Reigns from a beating, allowing him to win the match by eliminating Rusev. The crowd didn't give a fuck.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
If they wanted to help Reigns out, they could have and should have waited to bring back DB until after the Rumble. Simple as that.

Not saying the reaction would have been great to reigns, but having DB come back only for a meaningless, quick, early elimination, was a really dumbass decision. they should have seen it coming miles away.

·
Registered
476 Posts
They could of easily avoided it by have Daniel Bryan or Dolph Ziggler win. It was as simple as that. The ending last night was just as overbooked as your ending, and it didn't help at all.
Dolph isn't a main eventer, especially for the world title.

·
Registered
151 Posts
i undetsand the anger people have on reigns. when i see him i get mad but its not his fault. he is gifted man and we should support him. i live through veins on raw

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Did you not watch the show? The Rock ran in and destroyed Kane and The Big Show to save Reigns from a beating, allowing him to win the match by eliminating Rusev. The crowd didn't give a fuck.
pretty sure The Rock came out after he already eliminated Show and Kane.

and I already stated having Show and Kane in the final 3 was a horrible, horrible decision. Everyone knew at that point, (if they didn't know already) Reigns was winning. They left absolutely no suspense.

·
Banned
8,135 Posts
By turning him into an Ultra Heel.

Have him pretend to save Bryan (After having him in the Final Three)

Wyatt tries to kill Bryan while Reigns is outside the ring trying to recover, Wyatt is about to crush Bryan's neck, Reigns comes for the save and then immediately stops.

Starts chanting Yes, Yes, Yes!

And flips off the fans.

Spears Bryan and then eliminates him and then eliminates Wyatt.

Ultra Heel created.

Bryan Vs Brock Vs Reigns Vs Rollins at Mania

Bryan Vs Reigns at Fast Lane

Boom.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts