Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, how the hell is it ok for Jerry Lawler to mainevent a pay per view going for the WWE title? But yet people piss and moan about about TNA trying to bring in Nash and Booker? And how is it ok for WWE to possibly bring in Sting, but when TNA wants to bring him back in, people cry and complain. I'm tired of people being so biased when it comes to things like this.

·
Premium Member
25,943 Posts
And the "But WWE does it" schtick continues. I don't care for Lawler maineventing a pay per view the same way I don't care for Nash/Booker T or even Flair maineventing a pay per view. Who said that it was ok? They aren't asking for our permission the same way the TNA writers didn't ask for our permission to green light some of their face palm worthy storylines.

·
Registered
5,652 Posts
Because the WWE is filled with bandwagon fans who don't realize when they're being total hypocrites?

They don't see the irony in their own stupidity. They loved to make fun of Flair's age but wasn't he on Raw last year? HHH and HBK are both over the hill yet they clamor for them to "grace them" with their presence. Triple Hemmorhoid has all the mobility of a constipated zombie and the Half Baked Kid is just a schill for cheap pops.

Let them gripe. At least it shows them as a moron without any real credibility.

And Booker T showed up on Smackdown as a commentator last Friday.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
I agree. People bitch and moan about TNA not pushing younger guys and WWE is pushing lawler, which is worse because he's been doing nothing but announcing in the past couple of years.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
- People have been sh*tting on Lawler going to EC since it happened.

- Nash was a one-time appearance, he isn't on either brand in a big fued.
also i liked Booker.T's stint in TNA.

- Sting was in the world title picture while still being injured, i don't think Sting would've stayed in the WWE long.

·
also known as a BUSTER
12,019 Posts
1) It's not OK.
2) WWE are doing it as one last send off for Lawler. It's not an actual push. He's not a permanent main eventer, who's hogging the spotlight and is about to beat Miz.
3) WWE is a light-hearted family entertainment show and TNA is supposed to be an edgy, mature, intelligent alternative.

Basically, its not about what you do and who you do it with. It's all a question of how you do it and why you do it.

WWE have booked Lawler, Booker, Nash and Sting perfectly. They've been used as special attractions. TNA have never grasped how best to use the veterans. If Russo was asked to book those guys, he'd have them stood in a group cutting retrospective promos every week, beating younger wrestlers for months on end and monopolizing the title belts. All for no payoff.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Because the WWE is filled with bandwagon fans who don't realize when they're being total hypocrites?

They don't see the irony in their own stupidity. They loved to make fun of Flair's age but wasn't he on Raw last year? HHH and HBK are both over the hill yet they clamor for them to "grace them" with their presence. Triple Hemmorhoid has all the mobility of a constipated zombie and the Half Baked Kid is just a schill for cheap pops.

Let them gripe. At least it shows them as a moron without any real credibility.

And Booker T showed up on Smackdown as a commentator last Friday.
flash news: the entire wrestling fandom is like that, TNA has bandwagon hypocrites, WWE has bandwagon hypocrites, Chikara, Shimmer, AAA, CMLL, WCC, CZW

EVERY PROMOTION HAS BANDWAGON FANS

·
Registered
655 Posts
I'd rather see Booker T, Nash, Sting, Lawler or Flair main event over the Miz. I see him being a main guy more of a joke than the so called 'hypocrites'.

·
Registered
13,217 Posts
And what about Mcmahon coming back tonight only to announce that there will be a Wrestlemania Guest Host. The guy got is ass kick by Nexus but not a damn word about that. The WWE storylines are a complete joke right now.

I can't wait for March 3d when TNA will be in a big arena with a good crowd.

TNA fans are about the last people who should be bitching about other company's storylines.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
WWE can have Hornswoggle as their World Champion, people would still watch. They can afford almost everything.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I liked Booker and Sting. In fact Sting will always be my favourite wrestler. Its not so much that they're there, its how they are used.

Jerry Lawler main eventing is different and a cool direction to move in imo. I'm actually looking forward to elimination chamber.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Who is happy about Jerry Lawler being in the main event?

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
As far as I can tell, about 1% of the entire forum are happy about Jerry Lalwer getting a title shot, I know I think it absolutely sucks.

Nash and Booker aren't even coming to wrestle or main event anything, one has signed a legends contract and the other is on commentary actually helping put the younger stars over, very different from TNA where they use the old guys to hold the up and comers back.

I never had a problem with Sting in TNA, even though he had gotten boring, people want him in the WWE because it has never happened before and Taker/Sting is a dream match for a lot of people that's why it's OK for him to be in the WWE.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts