Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People say how Dinero is so talented, in ring and on the mic, which I agree with. However he can't compete under his current gimmick, its too trashy and unbelievable for me. I mean seroiusly, can you imagine him coming down the ramp with the WHC with money falling from the sky?

So how would you use the Pope WF? Face/Heel and what gimmick and who to feud with

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I'd wish him well in his future endeavors.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Make him face and give him a run with the X division championship. Make him a legit threat to the world title then about Lockdown 2013, give him a lengthy run with the world title.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
This guy was so massively over in 2010 it wasn't even funny. TNA has had fire with a lot of guys but make sure to cool them down as quick as possible to make sure Dixie Carter gets TV time.

Allow Pope to be The Pope. He should stick to what got him over in the first place. I would love to see him mix it up in the WHC picture later this year.

·
Banned
1,603 Posts
i like pope and think he is very underutilized. i like thats hes in the bfg series but feel like hes just gonna eat a bunch of pins along with robbie e.

he has a great gimmick imo, the crowd loved him back in 2010, but after his world title shot at lockdown he was just pushed to the side, was in a fued where him nash and sting wanted to take out immortal but he just faded out of that story, had the fued with joe which was ok and he had that dumbass fued with devon and his kids that finally ended earlier this year.

id like to see him be tv champ. or even x division champ, he fits the weight limit and could have those quick paced matches.

·
Premium Member
44,386 Posts
Put him in the X Division. Why not? They could use a bit more of a spark.

·
Leaving em MESMERMIZED!!
2,897 Posts
he should take Adubz place as X division champ. then move up to being Tv champ and eventually world champ. face ore heel, he can do both really well. i just hope he cleaned up his act tho, i hear hes a grade a dick backstage.....

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I feel that after his horrible/abyssmal/atomically shitty feuds with Samoa Joe and Devon, he's damaged goods I forgot he was still employed.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Apparently, as Van Hammer pointed out, he has a real horrible attitude backstage. Which really wouldn't surprise me, as he was said to be a huge diva by CM Punk when he was apart of the New Breed in ECW.

·
Banned
159 Posts
I loved the Pope he was awesome in 2010. However Tna was not booked like it is now, back then if it was he would have been huge by now. Sadly his time is gone, and he has been passed by Bully,AA,Roode and Storm.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I kind of like the Pope sometimes, he does have charisma and can go in the ring, but at the moment I can't see anything going for him. He'll be the Bound for Glory jobber, which is a fair enough position for him to be in, but maybe after the series I could see him getting a midcard push.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Pope is awful in the ring, what are people talking about? For that reason I'd keep him as far away from the X Division Title as possible. He's not too bad in short TV matches where he can just use all his spots so he could probably do a job as TV champion. Though given the fact that he has charisma in abundance and is one of TNA's best mic workers, you want him involved in feuds so the TV title probably isn't the best option.

All Pope needs is a well thought out feud. Sure the feuds with Devon and Samoa Joe were awful but that's more because of what they were about rather than Pope himself. The Samoa Joe one didn't really make any sense whilst the Devon's kids one was just stupid. There were actually some decent promos within those feuds though. Both feuds played off Pope's gimmick and I think Pope's over the top gimmick doesn't work in 2012. It needs to be toned down a tad as do the feuds he was in. He can work as a face or a heel just give him a better feud to work with. People talk about how he was in the "new" ECW. I guess you could play off that in a feud with a guy like RVD. Pope's also comes across as a ladies man so perhaps you could start up a little love triangle between him, Sabin/Jarrett and Velvet Sky/Karen Jarrett. These are just ideas off the top of my head, I'm sure there's better ones to be thought of.

Putting him in a tag team is also an option. I think him and Mark Haskins could work well together. Utilise Haskins' in ring ability and Pope's mic skills. They both look like dons so revolve their gimmick around their look.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
What does backstage attitude have to do with be on TV? It should have no barring on anything. Does everyone think guys like Warrior, Flair, Hogan, Cena, Hart, Michaels, Rock, and others weren't dicks at times?

·
Banned
357 Posts
What does backstage attitude have to do with be on TV? It should have no barring on anything. Does everyone think guys like Warrior, Flair, Hogan, Cena, Hart, Michaels, Rock, and others weren't dicks at times?
Flair: "a dick at times"

Understatement of the century.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts