Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Clearly this World Championship match has the least amount of interest to it compared to previous Wrestlemania World Championship matches. You've got Edge, who is extremely boring and has a finisher that does not suit him at all. You've got ADR, who is a generic heel (IWC heat on the way) at best on the mic, but has some skill in the ring. Keep in mind that every new heel that enters WWE or face that turns heel gets instantly humped by the IWC until it's just fucking rediculous.

The question here is, how do you turn such a mediocre matchup into Wrestlemania gold? You could have the storyline get extremely personal, but that's no different than a regular PPV grudge match. I honestly have no clue what you could do except maybe add it Christian considering that would add more history to the match and another personality. Triple threat stories can be fun to watch as well. Still, not exactly Wrestlemania gold. What would you suggest to WWE?

· Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rumble winner challenging the world champion. what else do you want?
If that's all that the story needs then WWE might as well have had Santino win the Rumble. Would you still be satisfied? Probably not.

I think the main problem is Edge. The only Edge mania singles match that even stands out is Edge vs Foley. Everything else is forgettable. It also doesn't help that ADR is thrown in there faster thsn Lesnar was and didn't accomplish 1% of what Lesnar did before his Mania main event. I'd say Wade Barret would've made more sense if anything considering he's made twice the impact ADR has.

· Registered
73 Posts
Christian should be reffing it, if you want the storyline developing and for there to be something to build on at Wrestlemania. Plant that seed in people's mind that Christian may not just side with the face just because he's his brother, but he MAY side with the heel simply because Edge has outshone him in their careers. All you need to do is plant the seed of doubt, and you're on to something, and whichever path WWE would choose for Christian to go down, you have something to build on and a program that could potentially last until Summerslam with the big pay off then. Christian in the match would make no sense as he has done nothing to deserve it (kayfabe).

I'm probably gonna get a tonne of heat now, more than Del Rio probably gets (8*D) but whatever, Christian should not be competing in this match, but he SHOULD play a role hence why i'm suggesting special guest enforcer or referee. Think about how much heat Christian would get if the Ref was taken out, Edge speared Del Rio so Christian (as special guest enforcer) makes the count

......3?.....

Nope, Christian doesn't make the three count and SPITS in the face of Edge, giving Del Rio the opportunity to win it. You have made a main eventer, possibly the most hated heel on the roster and you have one of the most personal and intriguing storylines to build on for the rest of the year!

· Registered
193 Posts
It shouldn't ever have happened. Del Rio's a heel and Edge has heel tendencys. The two have no history or even a small past feud. Adding Christian is pretty much a no brainer because Del Rio/Edge is boring as fuck and makes no sense.

· Registered
1,915 Posts
rumble winner challenging the world champion. what else do you want?
^^^Right here, ADR is the Number One Contender, Edge is the World Heavyweight Champion....Both want to leave wrestlemania the Champ...There really isn't a need for anything else. Just because it isn't personal doesn't mean that the match isn't going to be good. I don't know why people want every title match to have a storyline attached to it. I am actually happy that this is the title match, plus it is between two people that we haven't seen wrestle each other a million times.

· BALLS
4,166 Posts
^^^Right here, ADR is the Number One Contender, Edge is the World Heavyweight Champion....Both want to leave wrestlemania the Champ...There really isn't a need for anything else. Just because it isn't personal doesn't mean that the match isn't going to be good. I don't know why people want every title match to have a storyline attached to it. I am actually happy that this is the title match, plus it is between two people that we haven't seen wrestle each other a million times.
So you'd rather see a TNA world title match then?

· Registered
2,089 Posts
Revolution™;9418064 said:
Christian should be reffing it, if you want the storyline developing and for there to be something to build on at Wrestlemania. Plant that seed in people's mind that Christian may not just side with the face just because he's his brother, but he MAY side with the heel simply because Edge has outshone him in their careers. All you need to do is plant the seed of doubt, and you're on to something, and whichever path WWE would choose for Christian to go down, you have something to build on and a program that could potentially last until Summerslam with the big pay off then. Christian in the match would make no sense as he has done nothing to deserve it (kayfabe).

I'm probably gonna get a tonne of heat now, more than Del Rio probably gets (8*D) but whatever, Christian should not be competing in this match, but he SHOULD play a role hence why i'm suggesting special guest enforcer or referee. Think about how much heat Christian would get if the Ref was taken out, Edge speared Del Rio so Christian (as special guest enforcer) makes the count

......3?.....

Nope, Christian doesn't make the three count and SPITS in the face of Edge, giving Del Rio the opportunity to win it. You have made a main eventer, possibly the most hated heel on the roster and you have one of the most personal and intriguing storylines to build on for the rest of the year!
omg this has gold written all over it, i actually can see something like this happening, wwe is not going to give uss the obvious which is the triple threat , they are going to twist it somehow and this is the best way they can do it.

Reactions: Revolution™

· This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things
15,298 Posts
Turning back time and having Barrett win the Rumble isn't an option is it? Because that should have been the winner because Edge/Barrett would be much better. Since they made a colossal mistake though Christian being involved is the only hope.

· Registered
1,915 Posts
So you'd rather see a TNA world title match then?
I really do not see what the big deal is to have a title match that is just about the title. Alot of other matches that night will have storylines attached to them you dont need a personal storyline towards this match. Plus keep in mind that there is still a month until Wrestlemania. They have had title matches before without personal storylines and they turned out fine.

For wrestlemania you have:

the cole/lawler storyline
orton/punk storyline
taker/hhh storyline
cena/miz/rock storyline

there is no problem in having this match just soley surrounding the WHC. I always hear on this forum that WWE pretty much shit on their titles now(which I do agree), but having the WHC title be defended at WM and the match just being about both men wanting to be Champion makes the title look more legit IMO rather than have it take a back seat to a personal issue.

· Registered
4,026 Posts
let's see the storyline so far (watched smackdown this morning)

-ADR is a rookie in wwe eyes, he hasn't done anything historic or won any title yet, he's not even a year in
-Edge is a 11 time world champion and already tasted victory at wrestlemania
-ADR never been in wrestlemania before
-Edge got experience on his side
-ADR is going to prove himself and is going to make everyone respect him at wrestlemania and is also making a name for himself
-Edge will be testing ADR at wrestlemania where we will find out if ADR is indeed the next biggest star or if he's just another shooting star
-ADR is a heel and is going to use every single dirty trick in the book to break edge and have him weakened so he can get an easier match
-Edge is not alone and got christian as backup

WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT FOR A BUILD UP!?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.