Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How old were you when you started liking wrestling

4K views 91 replies 90 participants last post by  Brock 
#1 ·
And how did you get into it?

#19 ·
Around 10 or 11 with my grandparents at a show in Dunstable (Queensway Hall I'd guess). Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks were there and so was Fit Finlay. I remember Finlay clearly as I got into a nice little shouting match with him and Princess Paula.

Things were so much more fun when kayfabe was still taken seriously.

#21 ·
Of what I can remember, I want to say it was around 1991 or 1992? That would have made me 6 or 7 at the time. My parents and most of my dad's side of the family were big wrestling fans so it was always on, but I didn't start developing favorites until around that age.

#25 ·
Kinda complicated. Wrestling came to my country in 2000 when i was about 7 and it was going 3 weeks after the actual airtime. Then, due to heavy and publicly recognized incidents related to disobeying of the order "Don't try this at home" (lol, this motivated me), it got banned from TV for some years. Then, it got back in 2005 around 6 months before Eddie's death and became popular again. The product had softened but it didn't stop us from having KOTR matches in the classroom, with one of them ending with me blackening my own eye when trying to pull out of really hard head scissors. Other crazy moment was when my classmates were having one on one match, when one of them was next to the wall and waiting to get speared and the other one charging to him. The first one decided he would not take the spear and stepped aside, which resulted in a massive head to wall bump from the 2nd guy, who almost needed medical care.

#34 ·
Age 11

I played SVR07 with my cousin and just started watching from there, Ironically I hated wrestling when I was younger for being fake lmao

#42 ·
I was 6 and it was Wrestlemania V which was shown on TV in Australia late one night and it ended up being recorded on the end of a movie we were taping. It's a good thing that no one in my family knew how to use the VCR timer or I may not have got into wrestling at all.

#46 ·
I was 3 years old when I started to watch wrestling. My brother's friend bought him a DDP action figure for his 4th birthday and my family tuned into WCW for a few weeks. We then discovered the WWF and I was instantly hooked on the Stone Cold vs Mr. McMahon feud and I've been watching wrestling sporadically ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.