Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Of what I can remember, I want to say it was around 1991 or 1992? That would have made me 6 or 7 at the time. My parents and most of my dad's side of the family were big wrestling fans so it was always on, but I didn't start developing favorites until around that age.

·
I'm breaking your arm Ronnie!
1,027 Posts
I think I was around 8 or 9 and I remember winning a talent show for doing a wrestling match live on stage during primary show. It was an epic idea :lol

·
Registered
408 Posts
Kinda complicated. Wrestling came to my country in 2000 when i was about 7 and it was going 3 weeks after the actual airtime. Then, due to heavy and publicly recognized incidents related to disobeying of the order "Don't try this at home" (lol, this motivated me), it got banned from TV for some years. Then, it got back in 2005 around 6 months before Eddie's death and became popular again. The product had softened but it didn't stop us from having KOTR matches in the classroom, with one of them ending with me blackening my own eye when trying to pull out of really hard head scissors. Other crazy moment was when my classmates were having one on one match, when one of them was next to the wall and waiting to get speared and the other one charging to him. The first one decided he would not take the spear and stepped aside, which resulted in a massive head to wall bump from the 2nd guy, who almost needed medical care.

·
Registered
17,497 Posts
2. Though there's a pic of me from my first Christmas crying because my wcw ring came with Ric Flair, I wanted Sting.

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,254 Posts
Four. It was the early Hogan era and wrestling was mostly geared towards kids and was everywhere. Hogan was like Superman come to life. I used to have nightmares about Piper.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I was 13, that was when WWE Smack Down! started being shown here in Spain around 2006.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Age 11

I played SVR07 with my cousin and just started watching from there, Ironically I hated wrestling when I was younger for being fake lmao

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
6 or 7 yrs old. I remember going pass by our neighbor's house and saw what my friend was watching on TV. From that moment, I was frequently visiting my friend at their house to watch with him as a kid lol

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
I was 4 or 5.

1988, probably older siblings had it on (I turned out sticking with it far more than they did), and was immediately a Macho Man Randy Savage fan. He was a face, feuding along side Hogan against the Twin Towers. I saw the infamous heel turn live in the back dressing room, and I remained a fan despite that. I liked Hogan too, but as a kid, didn't really like seeing Savage lose his title, so would have rather he won at WM5.

I even wanted Randy to win his subsequent feuds as a heel against Duggan, Dusty, etc, but now looking back, see how much of a downgrade he took on the card.

I also took a liking to the Rougeau Brothers (again heels) and their antics.

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,554 Posts
I was about 1 years old when I got into wrestling and my parents were heavy wrestling fans at the time. The timeline is in 1990. The first wrestler I ever seen wrestle was The Undertaker at the Survivor Series 1990. I got hooked on him every since. So I guess the blood is in my system.

·
Only here 4 The BO$$
3,717 Posts
I think I just turned 11 when I decided it was something I was going to stick with.

21 - 40 of 92 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.