Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Especially in those you don't speak at all?

Music goes way beyond lyrics for me, so I have no problem listening to Japanese or Korean pop music, for example. And I care even less about the lyrics in death and black metal. It really doesn't make a difference to me if an extreme metal song is sung in English, Swedish, Russian or Greek. Folk music I expect to be in the language of the country of origin of the singer/band. Otherwise it would be a contradiction.

Now if we're talking about a band or a musician with more complex lyrics that need to be understand in order for you to properly enjoy their music then yeah, it's gonna be harder to get into them. Like, imagine if a band like Tool sung in, let's say, Hungarian. I don't think I'd become a fan of them.

So yeah, ti depends but I'm usually fine with it. Being from a small country, about 95% of the music I grew up listening to was in English anyway. I already liked a lot of 60s-70s songs when I was a little kid who couldn't speak English beyond "good morning".

What about you?

·
My mom thinks I'm cool.
2,095 Posts
Well I like Rammstein and a few Black Metal bands that use Swedish/Norwegian lyrics, it doesn't matter to me if I can't understand the words it doesn't hurt the vibe and sometimes it even enhances it to me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts