Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
knowing that all their hard work for that "brass ring" could be practically disregarded if that one guy with "the look" happens to come along? It sickens me that Vince has created this type of bullshit environment for his wrestlers, and personally if I were a wrestler I would honestly think about walking out just like Punk did.

The thing is, even if Reigns DOES step his game up and improves greatly before Mania, to me it still wouldn't take away the fact that Vince made a completely reckless and stupid decision by taking a chance on a very green an inexperienced guy like Reigns. A success in Reigns will only FURTHER the outdated mentality of the higher ups in the business that "LOOKS = EVERYTHING" and it's a fuckin shame. What a horrible message to send the future talent of your company.

I honestly cannot wait for the day Vince steps down and Triple H takes over. I get a feeling his "LOOKS = EVERYTHING" mentality just isn't as insane as Vince's.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Im sure there crying in their lavish cars on the way to the bank while having groupies in the backseat. What a horrible life to live if you cant hold up a belt. Must suck to travel the world, be on tv every week, and have to work with those ugly divas :( dammit Vince let these guys out the prison you call wwe plz!!!!!

·
Banned
7,268 Posts
They're not going to walk out if they keep getting paid and they have a prominent role on the roster. why do people keep saying that? It's not like they're jobbing week in and week out, even then they wouldn't have a good reason to walk out.. They always have the option to leave once their contract ends.

Reactions: PrinceofPush

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Every one of these guys, with the exception of Ziggler, got huge pushes from the very start of their WWE main roster careers ... ahead of more proven and experienced guys who were already there.

I'm sure they understand.

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
How must guys like proven talents like Ambrose, Bryan, Ziggler, and Wyatt fee...

They're just going to have to work harder than everyone else. If they REALLY want it, then they'll succeed in getting it.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Id also like to add that pushing Reigns is one of the smartest and most obvious moves. Why because his wrestling style resembles Cenas when he was first champion. He sucked. Seriously Cena sucked. But now I cant even count the ammount of classic and all time great matches he has been a part of. Reigns can become the next Cena in terms of in ring ability and that is a great thing because Cenas style meshes so well with all these new technical smaller wrestlers.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Im sure there crying in their lavish cars on the way to the bank while having groupies in the backseat. What a horrible life to live if you cant hold up a belt. Must suck to travel the world, be on tv every week, and have to work with those ugly divas :( dammit Vince let these guys out the prison you call wwe plz!!!!!
Well think at how horrible it must be to afford only one private island instead of two! The idea!

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And this further proves that fans of IWC darlings fear Reigns' success. Good looking people get more opportunities, that's how the world works, get over it.
It's a matter of integrity, not a matter of arbitrarily hating Reigns for no reason. That's what alot of Reigns fans just seem to not understand.

And I hope people don't "get over it" honestly the business will only suffer more if they were to.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Don't know about the rest but Ziggler has a huge chip on his shoulder. Don't have to ask to find out how he feels. Guy is a open book. To bad speaking up is frowned upon. Cesaro speaks about Cena/Orton being done to death and he for the most part is MIA.

·
Registered
9,146 Posts
It's a matter of integrity, not a matter of arbitrarily hating Reigns for no reason. That's what alot of Reigns fans just seem to not understand.

And I hope people don't "get over it" honestly the business will only suffer more if they were to.
Integrity in show business?

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
35,244 Posts

What integrity? Have you looked at an advertisement lately? How often do you see fat and ugly people trying to market a product? How exactly will business suffer? They push the good looking people because they're easily the most marketable: Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, The Rock, Triple H, Kurt Angle, John Cena, Batista, Randy Orton, Edge, Jeff Hardy, and now Roman Reigns. Steve Austin is an exception to the rule that appealed to the common man, like Daniel Bryan. He wasn't ugly though. Vince never saw anything in him and it was up to Russo to show him what Austin was capable of. Even if the choice is between the equally skilled Balor and Itami, who do you think they're going to push? The quirky Asian who can't connect with fans, or the pretty boy bad ass with the cool body paint? It's a no brainer.

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
The Icon That Can Still Go
54,635 Posts
It doesn't really matter. Reigns is going to flop hard later on in the year. And I'm not saying that as someone who is going to get enjoyment out of it. Because I didn't even think he would be booed that much at the Rumble. This chapter isn't going to end well at all for Roman. Once he drops the title, he's in for a huge reality check.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Every one of these guys, with the exception of Ziggler, got huge pushes from the very start of their WWE main roster careers ... ahead of more proven and experienced guys who were already there.

I'm sure they understand.
they didn't get a Rumble win and guaranteed main event title win at Wrestlemania...

They're just going to have to work harder than everyone else. If they REALLY want it, then they'll succeed in getting it.
And also get Vince to give them the go...

Well think at how horrible it must be to afford only one private island instead of two! The idea!
Money clearly isn't everything. This isn't a hard concept to grasp.

Integrity in show business?
Um why wouldn't there be? You think there aren't any good people in show business that appreciate hard work?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
The solution to a problem like this is simple....Push other people too!!!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
It's not going to get better when Vince is gone and Triple H has absolute control. Reigns is a Triple H guy himself.

If Triple H didn't exist, the Shield would have been Ambrose, Rollins, and Chris Hero. The Son-in-Law overruled Punk and kicked Hero out to put Reigns in there. If it weren't for Triple H, he'd still be in developmental and most of us either wouldn't mind him or wouldn't know who he is.

Also reports were earlier this year that Vince wanted to do Rock/Brock II as the Wrestlemania 32 Main Event, with Undertaker/Sting as the chief supporting bout, but Triple H wanted Reigns/Lesnar and himself against Sting. Blasphemy, I know, but I'm with Vince on both of those. I'd have rather seen Bryan/Lesnar, but if my choice is Rock/Brock or Reigns/Brock, Rock/Brock in a fucking heartbeat. Undertaker/Sting >>>>>>>>>>>>Triple H/Sting too.

Triple H might be more connected with pop culture, but he's just as bad a talent scout as Vince is, maybe worse. He also has too big of an ego to admit any of his vanity projects aren't working out. Even if Reigns is getting booed out of the building as late as November this year expect the force push to continue.

·
Registered
8,701 Posts
Funny but HHH actually lied, remember when he said the Royal Rumble winner was not decided and that reactions were going to help them chose?, Reigns was getting so so reactions and he still won it, HHH taking over wouldn't change things much he would push Reigns even more.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts