Wrestling Forum banner

Which of these WWE TV shows do you make a priority to watch?

• I watch all the shows available

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • Raw, Smackdown and Main Event

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Raw and Smackdown only

Votes: 47 42.0%
  • Raw only

Votes: 38 33.9%
  • Smackdown only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A catch up show like Afterburn

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don't watch, I look up online for news

Votes: 14 12.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of all the shows that are available to watch with WWE, Saturday Morning Slam, Main Event, NXT, Superstars etc.. the main shows really are all that's needed to be watched, Raw and Smackdown, and some people just watchj catch up shows like Afterburn for example, however I was wondering how many of these shows do you actually watch continuously?

For me, I used to watch Raw, Smackdown and Main Event during the week, however I started to get really bored with Main Event big time, so I just stuck to watching the weekly Smackdown and Raw shows, however now ... it's mainly just Raw that I stick to watching, I'll watch Smackdown if I'm in the mood for it, but Raw seems to be all I need really for the wrestling shows (which of course is now 3 hours long).

I know that some people don't even watch the weekly shows anymore and just read up online for catch up's and stick to the PPV's, I feel Smackdown seems kinda dated now and not much really happens on it either, the things that do happen, you see on Raw's updates too, which is why I tend to just stick to Raw now and I'll put Smackdown on if I'm in the mood at the time or as background TV.

So which is it for you out of all the options on this poll here, or if there is one I haven't mentioned in the poll choices, feel free to let me know here, I'd be interested to see what most people feel about all this.

Of course it's great we have so much access to WWE available, even some of the catch up shows too like Afterburn or Vintage, which can be pretty cool, but yeah, how much WWE TV do you tend to watch on average and how do you keep up with what's going on with WWE?

·
Eat the rude
7,685 Posts
I used to watch Raw every week, at least set it to record, and occasionally tune in to Smackdown. Now that I've moved out and we only use the tvs for netflix and games I can't watch it unless I'm on my day off and I catch someone streaming.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Raw only. I feel I'm watching the same repeated stuff too often with just that, so I can't imagine watching anything else as well (not including PPVs obviously).

I'd probably put myself completely off wrestling if I did.

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Raw only. I feel I'm watching the same repeated stuff too often with just that, so I can't imagine watching anything else as well (not including PPVs obviously).

I'd probably put myself completely off wrestling if I did.
Yeah, I'm pretty much the same way now, like I say, I've gone from watching Raw, Main Event and Smackdown, to watching Smackdown and Raw, to just watching Raw really now and I'll watch Smackdown if I'm in the mood for it, and even then it's usually just background TV, honestly, I think Smackdown should go now and probably should have done a while ago, even if they replace it with something else, Smackdown just seems very stale I think.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I just watch Raw and the PPV's

Not long ago I used to watch TNA & Smackdown too but I got bored of them, the percentage of content on each show I enjoyed was about 8% or something, so much shit or boring stuff to work through

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
I watch more 1997 and 1998 WWF programming than current WWE. Pretty fun marathon. Might do 1999 and 2000 as well when finished with 98.

Don't watch Smackdown, and don't really watch RAW. Nothing happens during these shows these days that is essential to anything really. It's almost all filler.

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just watch Raw and the PPV's

Not long ago I used to watch TNA & Smackdown too but I got bored of them, the percentage of content on each show I enjoyed was about 8% or something, so much shit or boring stuff to work through
Yeah, you're pretty much the same as me now, Smackdown has just started here and I've got that on at the side, but like I say, it's only Raw really that I make a priority to watch now, I'll watch Smackdown if it's on but if I miss it, I'm not fussed, sometimes I just can't be bothered to put it on.

I watch more 1997 and 1998 WWF programming than current WWE. Pretty fun marathon. Might do 1999 and 2000 as well when finished with 98.
Yeah, I watch a lot of vintage stuff also, but in regards to today's programming I was wondering how much people made a priority to watch.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I only watch Raw and NXT weekly, and will read the spoilers for smackdown. I don't care much for the other shows, like main event or superstars.

·
Premium Member
1,774 Posts
I only watch Raw and Smackdown but I only started watching Smackdown again because I saw AJ appears on it, now that she's gone for the time being, I'll only watch Raw.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Raw is a "must watch" because that's where the main stuff happens. But with Main Event and Smackdown I watch them if I feel like it because if I don't, I feel like I'm not really missing out on anything. I did watch Saturday Morning Slam, but that got officially cancelled recently.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
Mostly Raw and PPVs only. If Smackdown has something interesting, that too. If a match on Main Event interests me, I may check that out too. Other than that, I mainly watch shows from the past decade (and now the Attitude Era). Much more entertaining.

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Raw is a "must watch" because that's where the main stuff happens. But with Main Event and Smackdown I watch them if I feel like it because if I don't, I feel like I'm not really missing out on anything. I did watch Saturday Morning Slam, but that got officially cancelled recently.
Pretty much my feelings also, apart from Saturday Morning Slam (never watched that)

Mostly Raw and PPVs only. If Smackdown has something interesting, that too. If a match on Main Event interests me, I may check that out too. Other than that, I mainly watch shows from the past decade (and now the Attitude Era). Much more entertaining.
Yeah same here, except I'll go back to watching as far as the late 80's/early 90's era as personally I feel that was the best time for WWE, a lot of SD is Raw catch up too, or a vintage match.

·
Munster Mash
3,975 Posts
As of last month, barely even much of Raw. I would turn to watch it, but usually end up listening to it and then whenever I heard Fandango's music, I'd change the channel and forget about it until a more interesting show goes off and I switch channels and find Bryan getting his ass whooped or screaming Yes.

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
As of last month, barely even much of Raw. I would turn to watch it, but usually end up listening to it and then whenever I heard Fandango's music, I'd change the channel and forget about it until a more interesting show goes off and I switch channels and find Bryan getting his ass whooped or screaming Yes.
Ha, it's not often Daniel Bryan screams 'Yes' come on haha :D

1 - 20 of 93 Posts