Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple question. For Brock, the answer is simple. And WWE can afford it if they so chose. But the question is, how much. $30M per year?

For Cena, the situation is more complicated. How much would it cost WWE to get John to abandon any future film projects for the next three years and return to a normal (Seth Rollins/Roman Reigns) schedule? $50M per year?

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Honestly, after 3 years I'm not seeing much benefit to doing it. At the end of 3 years the WWE would just be in the same boat they are now and out of a buncha money

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Would full time Cena make any difference in 2019? Aside from popping some small ratings boosts here and there, would the show be better? I don't know that it would.

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Brock just simply wouldn't do it. He cares more about spending time in Canada and hunting deer or whatever. Even money has its limits with him.

Cena might for like a year for a raise, but he seems really into getting his post-WWE career going.

·
Premium Member
14,891 Posts
I don't think there's anything you could offer them to get them to work full-time again.

For Brock, you have to take into account why he left in 2004. A combination of him being hurt and hating the schedule. That was 26 year old Brock Lesnar. He's 41 now, with a bigger family and aside from his intestinal issues, is likely too banged up to even desire to work full-time. While he's clearly motivated by money, there's a convenience to it. He works at his own pace. I don't think he's motivated enough by money to pursue something that soured him on the business 15 years ago.

For Cena, let's be real here: Cena has put his body through hell for a long time. Off the top of my head, I only recall him suffering three significant injuries: a torn pectoral muscle (which he came back from in 3 months), a herniated disc (which he came back from in 2 months) and a torn triceps (which he came back from in 2 months). The timetable to recovery from each of those injuries was at least twice as long. And that's just what's known. Imagine what he's worked through. At 42, no way would a full-time schedule be desirable to him and considering his apparent success outside of WWE, no way would WWE be justified in matching (or topping) that for a guy that won't move the needle and his best days are behind him. For a while now, Cena has been completely phoning it in, despite a decreased workload. What more does he have to offer?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Lesnar must be set for life financially at this point, I don't think any amount of money could get him back on the road full-time as he hated the full WWE schedule it's why he left the first time and it's why he only agreed to come back on a very limited dates arrangement.

Cena at this point is committed to Hollywood and I think hes enjoying not taking bumps as he must be pretty banged up after so many years headlining in WWE. I'm sure a obscene amount of money could tempt him back full-time but it wouldn't be justified because he wouldn't make that much of a difference to viewership figures.

Anyway at this point I think both guys have much more value to WWE as part-time special attractions. It means every match they have feels like a big deal and it keeps their drawing power high.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
like with WCW, you can't pay them enough, they are sick of all the bullshit and are just saying no to the billionaire

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
Not gonna happen no matter what kind of money they throw at 'em (within the realm of reason)

Brock hates the schedule too much
Cena loves his new Hollywood career too much

·
Banned
11,533 Posts
Brock would only do it if it was like 6 months or something. Dude doesn't exactly NEED the money and loves being in his cabin.

Cena is now in one of the biggest movie franchises of all time as well as hosting the 'Are you Smarter then a 5th grader' reboot -- he would require a King's Ransom, but it wouldn't matter to ratings and would never happen.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts