Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last few years I've read a lot of articles on Conflicts with wrestlers and the Internet wrestling Community "IWC" where they claim we are just a small portion of a fan base. My question is our they right? We all claim we have power when we stick together. This is America Numbers do matter. Look at the response WWE Got when they fired Danial Bryan. They got tons of letters asking for his return. We are divided when it comes to how we want story lines to go, But united as wrestling fans. Each one of us loves wrestling. Its our passion. We use various sites across the internet to get our news. We respond/communicate with each other it different ways just to talk about wrestling. My thing is I wanna test a Theory. I wanna see how much power we as fans have. Lets Unite one night. Get the word out that we won't stand for crappy story telling anymore. That we wanna be herd. HOW? We will effect TNA's Ratings. Make them reach the 2.0 rating. We will Set a Date in a month or so. We will spread the word over the internet. Threw Wrestling forums, Chat rooms, Youtube Videos, News websites etc, We will tell friends and family to watch.... Lets do our own Marketing. This isn't a WWE vs TNA thing. I choose TNA cause it will be easier to see if we effected their ratings. We are watching the show just to know that we can effect what these so called promoters claim we are just a small portion of. What do we have to lose. Lets have a open Mind and try it. It might be fun. Lets make wrestling fun again. ANY suggestions on dates?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Well I think when its something where everyone agrees on and its very passionate about like Bryan we can have an impact but in general were usually split to shit on every topic.

·
Banned
6,893 Posts
Look at the response WWE Got when they fired Danial Bryan.
Most. successful. work. EVAH.

The IWC has no power and you shouldn't delude yourself that it does. I mean, sure, you get idiots like Russo who try to book for the net. But if the IWC had any power then every promotion on earth would look like Ring Of Honor and ratings would be universally in the toilet.

The business would be dead in under five years if some of the idiots on here - especially the TNA A-List - ever got any semblance of power.

·
Natasha Yi. WHAT A BABE.
7,758 Posts
Over the last few years I've read a lot of articles on Conflicts with wrestlers and the Internet wrestling Community "IWC" where they claim we are just a small portion of a fan base. My question is our they right? We all claim we have power when we stick together. This is America

·
Registered
549 Posts
The IWC did pretty well at embarrassing Hulk and Eric with their rankings system. How much of the vote did Abyssamania get, 1%?

·
also known as a BUSTER
12,018 Posts
You're right in pointing out that the internet makes anything possible but, if you genuinely want to prove the power of the IWC and protest against the state of mainstream wrestling, then you should support an internet-based company by ordering/promoting ROH Final Battle.

www.gofightlive.tv/priv/showSearchR...Battle+2010&type=Fighter&actorId=&eventId=807

If Final Battle was to get, for a wild example, 3,000 buys it would have achieved one third of TNA's PPV buys on not even a fraction of the budget and exposure.

·
Banned
1,242 Posts
Over the last few years I've read a lot of articles on Conflicts with wrestlers and the Internet wrestling Community "IWC" where they claim we are just a small portion of a fan base. My question is our they right? We all claim we have power when we stick together. This is America Numbers do matter. Look at the response WWE Got when they fired Danial Bryan. They got tons of letters asking for his return. We are divided when it comes to how we want story lines to go, But united as wrestling fans. Each one of us loves wrestling. Its our passion. We use various sites across the internet to get our news. We respond/communicate with each other it different ways just to talk about wrestling. My thing is I wanna test a Theory. I wanna see how much power we as fans have. Lets Unite one night. Get the word out that we won't stand for crappy story telling anymore. That we wanna be herd. HOW? We will effect TNA's Ratings. Make them reach the 2.0 rating. We will Set a Date in a month or so. We will spread the word over the internet. Threw Wrestling forums, Chat rooms, Youtube Videos, News websites etc, We will tell friends and family to watch.... Lets do our own Marketing. This isn't a WWE vs TNA thing. I choose TNA cause it will be easier to see if we effected their ratings. We are watching the show just to know that we can effect what these so called promoters claim we are just a small portion of. What do we have to lose. Lets have a open Mind and try it. It might be fun. Lets make wrestling fun again. ANY suggestions on dates?

There's no WE. There's I, with his own opinion and taste.

·
Banned
1,242 Posts
You're right in pointing out that the internet makes anything possible but, if you genuinely want to prove the power of the IWC and protest against the state of mainstream wrestling, then you should support an internet-based company by ordering/promoting ROH Final Battle.

www.gofightlive.tv/priv/showSearchR...Battle+2010&type=Fighter&actorId=&eventId=807

If Final Battle was to get, for a wild example, 3,000 buys it would have achieved one third of TNA's PPV buys on not even a fraction of the budget and exposure.
No Love for Dragon Gate? Gotta love fanboys.

·
Banned
6,893 Posts

I doubt anyone in the 'mainstream' companies would give a fuck, to be honest. It'd be a horribly failed protest. Especially with the irony that it'll just line Vinny Mac's pockets anyway.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
word of mouth

that is all

·
also known as a BUSTER
12,018 Posts
No Love for Dragon Gate? Gotta love fanboys.
Why Dragon Gate? There are a number of wrestling promotions that now have shows on GFL, if that's what you're getting at.

I doubt anyone in the 'mainstream' companies would give a fuck, to be honest. It'd be a horribly failed protest. Especially with the irony that it'll just line Vinny Mac's pockets anyway.
I don't consider helping a smaller promotion sustain itself a "failed protest". If people want there to be an alternative then they need to support indy wrestling IMO. The "irony" of the likes of Punk and Dragon going on to "line Vinny Mac's pockets", in this instance, is that they have a positive influence on the WWE product at the same time.

·
Banned
6,893 Posts
I don't consider helping a smaller promotion sustain itself a "failed protest". If people want there to be an alternative then they need to support indy wrestling IMO. The "irony" of the likes of Punk and Dragon going on to "line Vinny Mac's pockets", in this instance, is that they have a positive influence on the WWE product at the same time.
I wasn't talking about talent going to the WWE. It's been obvious that McMahon owns a piece of ROH for a while now.

·
Banned
1,242 Posts
Why Dragon Gate? There are a number of wrestling promotions that now have shows on GFL, if that's what you're getting at.
They will have an iPPV debut this friday. Plus, Lucharesu is more rare than the other stuff.

·
Banned
6,893 Posts
...and how exactly would that "line his pockets"? Even if it wasn't a crazy conspiracy theory.
Well, if someone owns a percentage of the company, that means increased profits increase their dividends.

And how is it a 'crazy conspiracy theory'?

ROH were spending well beyond their means for quite a while and Vince had no problem letting Matt Hardy work their during his 'firing' back in 2005, even allowing him to scream 'ROH' live on Raw.

Hmm, yeah, that sounds like he's got no involvement in the company. Remember when he had no involvement in ECW?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts