Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I'm 26 years old, living with my mom, unemployed, not in school. I have severe social anxiety and I find it hard to get a job or even carry a normal conversation. I have about $550 in my bank account right now. Considering that I'm doing pretty poorly. Also I live in New York. $500 is basically having no money at all.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I've got about £60 grand in cash (as in liquid assets in a bank, I don't have stacks of notes sitting around the house) and owe about 16 on the mortgage and another 2 on a card, so I'm in the black by about 40-45 grand.

·
Registered
7,456 Posts
I'm 26 years old, living with my mom, unemployed, not in school. I have severe social anxiety and I find it hard to get a job or even carry a normal conversation. I have about $550 in my bank account right now. Considering that I'm doing pretty poorly. Also I live in New York. $500 is basically having no money at all.
That sucks, sorry to hear. Are you seeing anyone or any treatment for the anxiety, if not then you should take the plunge sooner rather than later. Whatever happens it won't be as bad as you think.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
That sucks, sorry to hear. Are you seeing anyone or any treatment for the anxiety, if not then you should take the plunge sooner rather than later. Whatever happens it won't be as bad as you think.
Getting help cost money, especially living in New York. Healthcare system is garbage. I would likely go hundreds of thousands of dollars into debt even if I tried to get help. And I'm sure insurance doesn't cover stuff like therapy and psychiatric help.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
I have enough money that I'll never have to work but not so much that I can be foolish with my money. Inheritance is a nice thing.

·
Premium Member
4,160 Posts
It could always be worse my friend.

You could in A&E getting a Buzz Lightyear figure removed from your ass.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I don't make much but my income keeps growing and I'm good at saving. I'm doing alright.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I have savings and debt but can't move the savings to pay the debt as I'll get 25% extra of my savings balance towards my first house if I don't move it (5k in debt but £3200 in savings). Hopefully i'll be debt free by the end of 2021 but who knows. There's also technically minor student loan debt but I don't really count that as its not on your credit report.

I have serious FOMO and end up spending money I don't have on holidays. I went to Shanghai, Gran Canaria and Canada this year when in reality probably only the middle one was within my budget. I also lack the ability of picking a sensible hotel or flights.

But hey we're here for a good time not a long time eh :)

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
I don't have any debt.... So that's nice never owned a credit card or got a student loan

Job doesn't pay amazing but I get a house allowance and get free meals so saving is easy. My parents were in a tough spot in the last few years so I was sending them half my salary. But tried saving a little. I've got about $4k USD saved. My parents are more independent now so don't need to send anymore.

Don't have any major plans for the future though.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I am 32 right now and I have enough money to basically live off without working for several years. Thats gambling that I dont get a very serious disease, but I try to take care of myself as much as I can. I am also debt free (other than my credit card, which its just monthly debt I use and I pay off every month). I am working right now 2 jobs, but if if I stopped I can guesstimate I can be protected for 3 to 4 years. In a strict budget.

I am not rich I just worked hard and everything is just paid off as of now. Living a very frugal life really does a lot.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I manage the fitness department of a private health spa and also work as a personal trainer both here and privately, so I do OK, but got a little bit more debt than I'd like even though it's fairly minor.

·
Banned
16 Posts
Right now, I have 250£ in my wallet and around 2000£ on my bank account, but I still have to pay for the apartment ant the bills. I think I'll take a loan to survive. A friend of mine recommended me the Komplett commercial bank, but I have never applied to their services. Although I don't want to take a loan, because it will be very difficult to pay it back, I have to do it. All I want to say is that the mature life is very challenging, you never know what will happen tomorrow and moreover you are responsible for every decision you make.

61 - 80 of 88 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.