41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
I WANT ALL THE MEAT!
1,280 Posts
$5400 and that sucks to me. Had $25k this time last year

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
I'm living very comfortably and i'm quite OCD about my bank account & saving, i always have been from a young age. I've always been someone that thinks about the long term. I own two properties, an apartment that i rent out and a house that i live in. A nice little investment. I'm a single gay guy and live alone and i like it that way. Will probably get a dog once i get done with finishing revamping my back garden/yard.

Lately i've been getting more motivated to find a new proper 9-5 job and to do other stuff like starting to sell stuff on Amazon and possibly start a YouTube channel just to see what would happen. I definitely have the time to do it as i never do anything on my days off. Right now i've got around £13,280 sitting in my account.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've been working on my credit the last year and am about to buy my brother's 1999 Ford Ranger. It's been his daily driver for a couple of years now and only has 135k on it. It has a few issues, but it starts and goes. My bills come out of my account automatically, and I have enough left over for my needs.

·
Registered
662 Posts
About €17.5k. To me, that's enough that I'm looking to quit my current job, which is boring as heck but well paid, to pick up a different one that pays significantly less but promises to be a lot more fun. Generally speaking I don't value money too much cause I was never in a position where I had to worry about it running out and my basic needs aren't very expensive. In fact I made a ton of money on advantage gambling, but threw most of that away on not-so-advantage gambling, that's how little money means to me in the end. Can always get back into that in case I miraculously run out too.

Reactions: Miss Sally

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,329 Posts
About €17.5k. To me, that's enough that I'm looking to quit my current job, which is boring as heck but well paid, to pick up a different one that pays significantly less but promises to be a lot more fun. Generally speaking I don't value money too much cause I was never in a position where I had to worry about it running out and my basic needs aren't very expensive. In fact I made a ton of money on advantage gambling, but threw most of that away on not-so-advantage gambling, that's how little money means to me in the end. Can always get back into that in case I miraculously run out too.
I've never seen anyone who hates their job but makes good money be all the happier for it. Especially if that person is a Father, you got to work miserable, come home disconnected and you cannot enjoy life.

Better to work a job you enjoy, budget and make side money and enjoy your life. Have to work so may as well at least not mind working.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,158 Posts
I'm doing pretty good for myself. For the first time in my life I've been actively saving money this year. I'm living comfortably and I can afford to do things so I've got not complaints.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I still have like over 700 dollars. My job let me go, though, months ago. I live with my parents and brother. My money had to buy some groceries a week ago because my parents didn't have enough, so my money isn't likely to stick around forever.

I think my dad gets like almost 2,000 dollars every month from social security. My brother is either trying to get his warehouse job back, or go on disability (he has scoliosis).

As you can see, my family isn't poor, but the particular amount of money we get would be considered lower-income, and the money mostly has to buy groceries and pay the electric bill, water bill, etc, and not much else.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've got enough money last time from my starting investment ( it was about 400$). You should invest money into something more optimistic. Try to look at an institutional-grade alternative investment crypto SEC fund that seeks to capture alpha from uncharted parameters in digital assets

·
Registered
15,835 Posts
Getting laid off so I actually took a deeper look into my finances since it had been a while... actually doing better than I thought when I first posted. But then I have few expenses, no kids, no significant other, and have barely need to pay for gas since work had been relatively close to home. This lay off is not stressful at all at this point.

And god damn I needed this upcoming break. This job was driving me nuts.

Reactions: Natecore

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
I'm in decent shape financially...only bill we have is our mortgage. Good thing because we're going to have to shell out close to $1000 for repairs to my son's car. :lol

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Just started following Dave Ramsey’s financial advice. He recommends a 3-6 months base living expenses emergency fun.

I have about 3 months. I’m saving for 6.

Probably going to find a second job to work about 60 hrs a week for a year.

·
HEADBANGA
22,481 Posts
I'm in a good spot. Cleared my credit card debt and students loans like a year and a half ago so I'm able to save as much money as I possibly can. Could save more if I didn't go out on events or vacations but YOLO.

41 - 60 of 88 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.