Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Normally theme songs from real bands only stay around for around 6 months because of royalty prices (Hogan's voodoo child, Undertakers Rollin' etc).
HHH has been using "The Game" since December 2000, that's gotta be a shit load of royalties.
They also did the Evolution theme.
They played live at Wrestlemania 17, 21 and 22.
Had a few of their songs released in WWE compilation CDs.

How much money do you think they've made from WWE alone?

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Obviously the OP cares. I'm not their accountant so i don't know, unfortunately.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Quite a lot, I'd imagine. And more importantly, WWE using their songs gave them a shitton of notoriety among people who wouldn't normally listen to Motorhead.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Isn't Trips friends with Motorhead? I'd assume they are only paying enough to keep the record label happy, but Motorhead are the sort of guys who would do it for free, at least from what I can tell from their non stop touring for the past 15 years.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm pretty sure WWE own the rights to Motorhead's WWE Themes, so the band probably got a lump sum for recording the tracks, but now don't recieve royalties. I say this because "The Game", "Line in the Sand" and "King of Kings" are not featured on any Motorhead albums... but all have appeared on WWE Albums.

·
Purebred Powerhouse
5,754 Posts
How much money has Motorhead made from WWE?

*raises pinky finger to bottom lip*

One. Million. Dollars.

*proceeds to cackle with evil laughter*

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
I'm pretty sure WWE own the rights to Motorhead's WWE Themes, so the band probably got a lump sum for recording the tracks, but now don't recieve royalties. I say this because "The Game", "Line in the Sand" and "King of Kings" are not featured on any Motorhead albums... but all have appeared on WWE Albums.
Actually, "The Game" was a bonus track on Hammered, their 16th CD.

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
I think WWE would have given Motorhead a one off price to continually use a certain song. They've also performed live so that will considerably add to the figure.

·
Premium Member
19,333 Posts
Vince may have bought the song when it was made instead of pay royalties.. so it's really hard to say how much Motorhead made from the song.

Reactions: Shane Ross

·
Registered
621 Posts
I think that 'The Game' and 'Line in the sand' are both written by WWE's workers (Jim Johnston probably) and Motorhead just recorded them but they are not Motorhead's songs.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts