Wrestling Forum banner

How much money do wrestlers get paid at Wrestlemania?

20666 Views 10 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  the modern myth
What is the average salary for wrestlers who:

1. Are in the opening matches at wrestlemania?
2. Are in mid-card matches at wrestlemania
3. Are in the main event at wrestlemania?

Do you get a bonus if you win at Wrestlemania?
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
4,806 Posts
Dont think contracts work like that anymore i think its just a set rate.

· Registered
1,684 Posts
I don't think, that there are win boni in wrestling. Would be strange to tell a wrestler "It's your job to lose today, but if you win, you'll get a bonus".
Bonus' would be more likely determined by "match of the night", or someting along those lines. If there are bonus' these days.

· Registered
9,576 Posts
Well one of the reasons I read that Kurt Angle went through with WM 19 match despite the serious neck injury was because of a 300,000 payoff. And WM 19 turned out to draw some of the lowest buyrates in recent memory. So I wouldn't be surprised if Hogan, HHH, Taker, HBK, Cena got million dollar payoffs from WM main events.

· Registered
1,928 Posts
Speaking of WM XIX, I remember reading somewhere that one of the reasons Hulk Hogan left WWE in mid 2003 was because of a big pay cut he took at WMs. Apparently, he got 2 million for X8 and $500,000 for XIX, which is not a bad number, but it's still a 75% drop in income.

· Registered
2,569 Posts
Jericho says in his book it depends on where on the card you are and if you win or lose/ title match etc. He says he got 5 figure sum for his match against HHH but that HHH got a six figure sum. He took offence to that even thought HHH was the returning face who people were paying to see beat Jericho, he felt he deserved better than what he got so bitched to vince.

No official source just me guessing but id say on average they probably get about 100 = 250k a match at mania. Not that it really matters.

· Registered
5,005 Posts
Whatever it is Vince bleeds money at Wrestlemania. He always tries to fit as man people as possible on the card via MITB or battle royals etc.
I'm sure main event guys get quite a significant sum.
I doubt they pay based on wins & losses or based on placing on the card considering Vince chooses all that. I think its just a set amount added to whatever your contract states.

· Registered
9,377 Posts
I always assumed that it was based on your status in the roster as well as the card. For example, guys like HBK, John Cena, Undertaker and Triple H would always earn more than the lesser guys on the roster, with bonuses thrown in depending on their place on the card. The younger guys would more or less get paid depending on their spot on the card.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.