Wrestling Forum banner

How much longer do you think Roman will hold on to the Universal title from the date of 6/10/21?

• 2 weeks at the most

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • 2+ week to 4 weeks at the most

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4+ weeks to 8 weeks at the most

• 8+ weeks to 12 weeks at the most

• 12+ weeks to 6 months at the most

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • 6+ months to 1 year at the most

Votes: 21 47.7%
  • 1+ year to 2 years at the most

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • 2+ years

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Never. He will retire with the belt (vacating it before he leaves WWE)

Votes: 2 4.5%
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much longer do you think Roman will hold on to the Universal title from the date of 6/10/21?

At least two important things to consider:

1. Potential Meltdown with the Usos affecting Roman's support in title matches.

(See videos in the following link as an example---> What Superstars has Roman Reigns yet to face in singles... )

2. Money in the Bank is coming July 16, 2021.

Poll is anonymous and you cannot change your vote.

P.S. I will take "snap shots" of the poll results from time to time.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
6 Months to a year. Whatever record there is for longest title reign he'll break it.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
6 Months to a year. Whatever record there is for longest title reign he'll break it.
WrestleMania 40.

The entire company is built around being a heat promotion and frustrating fans. Adam Cole had a year plus reign. WALTER is two years in and may retire with the belt. As stated before, on the RAW side no babyface aside from Drew Mcintyre held the world title for longer than 90 days from 2014 to present.

When Roman finally loses, it will only be to someone who is ready to be the next Face of the Company. And that person doesn't appear obvious at this point.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
6 months at most, but he should be WWE champion at the moment because Reigns is unequivocally their top star.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
6 months at most, but he should be WWE champion at the moment because Reigns is unequivocally their top star.
IF he loses, he only is without the title for a month or three before resuming his next championship. I can see him more like HHH in the early 2000s, who was a heel champion on RAW from 2002-2005. Or Ric Flair in WCW from 1983 - 1990.

·
Registered
130 Posts
WrestleMania 40.

The entire company is built around being a heat promotion and frustrating fans. Adam Cole had a year plus reign. WALTER is two years in and may retire with the belt. As stated before, on the RAW side no babyface aside from Drew Mcintyre held the world title for longer than 90 days from 2014 to present.

When Roman finally loses, it will only be to someone who is ready to be the next Face of the Company. And that person doesn't appear obvious at this point.
Loses to Logan Paul when his ill fated boxing Career is over then Jake Paul runs down and cashes in money in the bank. 🤣🤣 Leading to a survivor series 5 on 5 Wrestlers Vs YouTubers.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
14,573 Posts
Ideally, he shouldn’t even be the Universal Champion anymore since it’s really ran its course since Wrestlemania 37; so I’d prefer it if he lost the world title as soon as tomorrow night.

Realistically speaking, Roman Reigns might hold that Universal title until Wrestlemania 38 to extend this interminable reign with the way everything is dragging out atm.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
The entire company is built around being a heat promotion and frustrating fans.
That is true but I wonder if Jimmy and Jey might rebel against Roman and help Rey at their next match. (Roman gave Dominik an awful beat down on the last episode of Smackdown (which included a guillotine choke at one point).....and Jimmy told Roman to stop.....remembering when he was choked by Roman at HIAC 2020.)

If Jimmy and Jey help against Roman there is a very good chance Roman will lose the belt. We'll see what happens.

P.S. Last episode Jimmy almost got Jey to follow him......but then Roman got up in the face of Jey (when Jey was leaving responding to the call of Jimmy to follow him) and intimidated Jey. After Roman saw that the intimidation worked to stop Jey (from following Jimmy) he went back to punching Dominik in the face. I thought the whole scene was pretty outrageous....and suspect this was done to as a set-up for a plot twist.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Could lose it to Edge at any time. If not him then who?

The Rock? Drew Mcintyre is my guess at Royal Rumble 2022

Roman will have the match with Rock but not for title as the rock will go over and he won't want the belt.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Results so far:

(I haven't voted yet)
  • 2 weeks at the most (0 votes)
  • 2+ week to 4 weeks at the most (0 votes)
  • 4+ weeks to 8 weeks at the most (0 votes)
  • 8+ weeks to 12 weeks at the most (0 votes)
  • 12+ weeks to 6 months at the most (3 votes)
  • 6+ months to 1 year at the most (7 votes)
  • 1+ year to 2 years at the most (3 votes)
  • 2+ years (2 votes)
  • Never. He will retire with the belt (vacating it before he leaves WWE) (0 votes)
So 80% of the people responding thus far think 6 months or more. The 20% remaining votes believe 12+ weeks to 6 months.

No votes (so far) believe Roman only has 12 weeks or less.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Could lose it to Edge at any time. If not him then who?

The Rock? Drew Mcintyre is my guess at Royal Rumble 2022
Perhaps Rey.....but I think this depends on...

1. How much Jimmy and Jey want freedom from Roman

2. How much compassion Jey and Jimmy feel towards Rey and Dominik.

Remember Jimmy has been talking about he and Jey being Head of the Table and Tribal chief(s) over Roman (which is dependent on Roman losing the Universal title and Jimmy and Jey gaining the Tag team titles):

He also remembers the pain of being choked:

While feeling compassion when seeing Dominik choked:

·
Registered
171 Posts
IF he loses, he only is without the title for a month or three before resuming his next championship. I can see him more like HHH in the early 2000s, who was a heel champion on RAW from 2002-2005. Or Ric Flair in WCW from 1983 - 1990.
Tbh I can see him losing it maybe around SummerSlam, though I do agree they will want him to be champion when possible as their biggest star (in their eyes). I also can see them wanting to add a few more "reigns" to his resume as far as there number of times winning the belt. Orton 14-time, etc. They leave out the fact that this also means they have lost it that many times.

·
Premium Member
No one is ready for Konami
3,308 Posts
I honestly don't think he's losing it for a couple years. We all know Vince loves this guy, he finally found a character that's over. Roman will be champion forever.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts