Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,430 Posts
i think he has like if he wants to put someone over so that someone pins him(not clean though) he could ask for it and i think he would get it but thats it nothing more

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,078 Posts
well of course he has pull.

History has shown that vince gets a hard on when he has guys that refute him and play politics.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Must be something like this:

SD Head Writer: Mr. Orton, here is the script for the show.

Orton: AM I FUCKING GOING OVER???

SD Head Writer: Well, you see, we have to build new stars, so you are technically not winning tonight, but it will be due to heavy outside interference, a ref bump, distraction and use of a foreign object.

Orton: *icystare*

SD Head Writer: Heh, um...okay, let's...let's see what we can do here.

RKO OUT OF NOWHERE!!!

Later on that night - ortonwinslol
He learned from the best.

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,372 Posts
I wonder if the OP is asking the wrong question. How much influence does Orton have on the general booking of the show, or the book of his own feuds and angles?

If it's the show in general, then no. Like any top guy could, I'm sure creative would listen to his input if he gave it, and that's even if he cared enough to.

As for Orton's own feuds and storylines, then absolutely yes. He's the Smackdown version of John Cena and the top guy on the blue brand, so he definitely has major influence. But that's just common sense if you've followed the business for years. Any top guy has pull when it comes to their own material.

·
#FunFact™
7,513 Posts
I'm actually going to say no. I don't think he offers too much input. I could be wrong, I mean, I'm not back there. My guess is, just from hearing interviews with Orton, he does what he's told on Smackdown but it's the writers and Vince than have put him over in all but one or two matches since his move to Smackdown.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I think any top athlete in any sport wether it be wrestling,basketball,football,soccer etc. Has a say in what goes on. Of course the final decision is made by the owner or the coach of the team but yeah you get my drift.

·
Banned
2,045 Posts
Does this really matter? Who cares? Why not ask this about Cena or Punk or Taker?? Just Orton of course because hes IWC public enemy #1. None of us are backstage to even know how much(if any) pull he has so who cares?

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
He has more pull than anyone else on the Smackdown roster (minus The Undertaker who isn't full time anymore) in that he could walk up to Vince, say I want this changed or that changed, and more than likely get it.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Well, I dont know if he has influence or not, but I will say that if he does, then he's being pretty generous with the losses this year.

·
Registered
6,430 Posts
Does this really matter? Who cares? Why not ask this about Cena or Punk or Taker?? Just Orton of course because hes IWC public enemy #1. None of us are backstage to even know how much(if any) pull he has so who cares?
Cena is IWC public enemy number one
and the op just asked because he is curious oh and where punk a few years ago and pls dont compare taker to any of those

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
I'm sure he has influence, although how much is anyone's guess. He's obviously convinced the higher ups that he should be booked on Cena's level, even though he clearly is not close to being as valuable to the company.

·
Administrator
59,004 Posts
Must be something like this:

He learned from the best.
Haha. I think most people didn't get that one.

People need to realize that the whole concept of Evolution was backstage power past/present/future style. Triple H was developing the next team of backstage power whores to continue his legacy of burials. Orton's in the present now, and he's seizing that opportunity.

Wonder how many people think I'm serious.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
Nobody on here knows, so why even bother speculating. The only thing that can come out of it are BS rumors

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Orton admits he had to fight to get Masters rehired so no he doesnt have Undertaker level of say, as some have said he can suggest things but able to have a massive amount of pull? No he's not at that level yet

1 - 20 of 21 Posts