Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just starting this up, because one thing that has always interested me was piped in cheers and canned heat.

Sport franchises, particularly NFL franchises that play in domes, are notorious for doing this.

I have been reading about canned heat for The Miz and piped in cheers for John Cena.

This isn't a hate thread for anybody in particular, just using those as examples.

Do you think it happens? And if it does, who do you think is getting help from the sound system?

·
Premium Member
4,757 Posts
I'm pretty sure it does happen, I'm not sure exactly how, but I've read a report on here about someone going to a live event the other week and not many of the fans were cheering for Cena yet on the actual broadcast there seemed to be a lot of pops for him.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: How much of the WWE Universe is Pre-Recorded?

Doh, typo in the thread title, thats what I get for typing before coffee.

Is there a way to tell if people are getting artificial heat/pops without reading reports from credible sources?

Some people at the forums say they can tell real noise from artificial noise, but that just seems like hating and wishful thinking.

·
Lynskey Lover
774 Posts
I'm not sure they do it on live shows too much, it's actually hard to make it not sound fake when doing it on the fly.

Of course they do it in Post-Production where they have more time to get the levels right.

·
Registered
481 Posts
What they may have done with Cena is mixed the cheers into his music as WCW did with the Goldberg chants.

·
Premium Member
4,757 Posts
To be perfectly honest, most WWE crowds are dead nowadays anyway. The rowdiest i've heard a crowd was Raw the other night in NY with the Danielson chants and Cena sucks chants. So most pops on SD will probably be piped.

·
Registered
25 Posts
it almost definatelly happens. for some reason a lot of people dont like cena and amidst the cheering you almost always hear as many boos coming from the crowd. the wwe has no choice but to add in the sounds of cheers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts