Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who won/loss, DQ/Count outs how much does this have an influence on how you remember or enjoy a match?

I ask because for years wrestling would have "broadways" (time limit draws) and often people really enjoyed the match without much bother on who won or lost or even a nonfinish.

However these days, it seems that fans judge the quality of a match. more on who won more or loss rather than how it happened or how good the match was.

Let's say for instance, if Owens vs Cena (Elimination Chamber) was the same exact match only it ended in DQ how would that affect your opinion of the overall match?

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
The finish can make or break a match for me. If it's well executed it raises it. If it's botched or doesn't fit, it lowers it.

Cena beating a up and comer clean as a whistle 3 times in a row lowers the match.

Owens is next

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The winner is very important

For example, Cena/Punk wouldn't have been nearly the same if Cena had won
You talking the MITB 2011 match? Yeah I agree. I think they had quite a few matches like NOC 2012 that I liked just as much but it was a nonfinish.

·
Registered
879 Posts
A match can be good, but if the storyline and booking doesn't make sense, then it kinda kills it.

If the KO/Cena EC match ended in a DQ, it still would have been a good match even if it felt a little cheap. But I could live with it, because I'd take it as them trying to protect Owens from having to eat a pin from Cena.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,948 Posts
The only thing that matters is wins and losses. 5* match but my guy didn't win clean becomes a 2* match. "It's still real to me dammit!"

/sarcasm

It's funny, when a match goes with the obvious finish people go "boo, how predictable" but when a match has a swerve people go "boo, bad booking, WWEFuckery".

For a finish to bother me it has to be completely incongruous to the story or not followed up on in a sensible fashion within a week but immediately after I always play the wait and see game.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts