Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be joining up with a first division side and I don't live in the city so I'll need to know how much I'd be getting paid, realistically. I think I'm going on the U19 team first, so they do get paid, right?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Don't really know about U19's but the first team, depending on which team, pay around €1200 for a top player, and €367 for most players. Baring in mind, these are rough estimates.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
best off asking in the premier league thread

i cant imagine youd get paid much though. irish league + under 19 + first division= you might be needing a second job

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I don't live in the city and I don't even know if I get paid. I'd imagine so because they're a professional team, but I don't know about U19. If I don't get paid, it's a no-go because I haven't got the money to come down 2 days a week in a 4 hour bus ride. And I have nowhere to stay.

Do football teams cover this sort of thing? I've been in talks with them for a while now. They've never seen me play.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
I know the Elite league (under 19's) league in ireland is a new concept so doubt you'll be making enough to live off. Most professionals in the irish league get less than the average full time worker in McDonalds. So you'll be looking for a part time job to top up your money and will probably struggle to pay for things like housing alone. Best off speaking to other youth players about a house share etc...

But like the above poster says if your in talks with a club why are you asking a forum.

·
¡GOLDADO!
2,309 Posts
This is a little bit of a long shot but try looking at the sort of wages players on a similar level are getting in Football Manager, it won't be 100% accurate but it's an idea. At a guess it'd say it'd be between 50-100 euros a week, possibly with a match bonus just based on what I know from sports here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts