Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some people can't take some wrestlers seriously because they have some slight comedy, which I don't know why. I still could.

Kurt Angle, The Rock, John Cena and CM Punk are all main eventers who have had some comedic edge to them during their main event run. What I want to know is, how comedic can somebody be without stepping over the line for you? Just curious.

·
Premium Member
19,305 Posts
1999 - 2001 Jericho was very comedic and still taken completely serious. I think it's the type of comedy. You can be funny as just an element to your character. Or your character can be strictly based on comedy (which usually isn't funny. example: Santino)

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
HBK as a part of DX

·
Premium Member
15,443 Posts
What about Mick Foley? Dude Love obviously had to be a joke in 97 but Foley managed to overcome and still receive a push and still be known as one of the toughest wrestlers of all time.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
You should probably ask The Great One. He could say most ridiculously hilarious things and still be one of the most cockiest Face's/Heel's in the industry. Not to mention how he would keep that straight face all the time is still mystery to me. He is the master at that. If anyone would know the answer it would be him.

TBH I would ask him that if I met him in person.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,744 Posts
Depends on a # of factors...

1. Who the wrestler is

2. How he/she is booked outside of his "comedy"

3. What kind of comedy he/she is used for

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
It really depends on the person and what sort of commedy he is doing, if he is someone who is like the Rock and his whole gimmick is based around him and his comedic catchphrases, or at least comedic to some (I personally never foudn anything funny with shoving stuff up someone's candy ass). Or if it's someone like Angle who would do stuff like in the videos posted in the previous page.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts