Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mark Henry has been with the WWE for 16 years and he's FINALLY got the chance to become World Champion. The man deserves it, and he's really ran with this push. Mark should hold this title for a very long time. He should be booked as this incredible, unbeatable monster heel. He should finish this program with Orton with a clean win at HIAC and then move on to a lengthy program with Sheamus with Henry ultimately coming out on top, CLEANLY. After Sheamus, maybe a program with a face Christian, or a returning Big Show? Anyways, he should be booked this way, going over CLEANLY against top Smackdown superstars and be made to look like the most dominating World Heavyweight Champion in years. He should booked this way until it's time for Daniel Bryan to cash in his money in the bank. By this time, hopefully they have been booking Bryan to look strong and it would be Bryan-Henry at Wrestlemania for the WHC. At this point, you put Bryan over Henry CLEAN to win the World Heavyweight Championship and turning Bryan into a star and legitimate main eventer.

This accomplishes two things: It gives Henry a long lengthy run that he's work hard for and deserves and will make Daniel Bryan into a star on the sport's biggest stage. Book it.

Hire me, WWE.

·
Banned
3,978 Posts
Okay but explain to me, how would Daniel Bryan legitimately beat Mark Henry? It's just really unrealistic, especially after he beat Orton with such ease. It's not believable enough imo.

I'm a huge DBryan mark but not the smart way to go with it.

·
Banned
763 Posts
I was with you all the way up to Bryan winning clean. I honestly think Henry should announce his retirement at WM28 and lay down for Bryan's cash-in. A hollow victory for Bryan, but nobody in his/her right mind thinks he'd beat Henry any other way.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
I was with you all the way up to Bryan winning clean. I honestly think Henry should announce his retirement at WM28 and lay down for Bryan's cash-in. A hollow victory for Bryan, but nobody in his/her right mind thinks he'd beat Henry any other way.
To be honest, this is a horrible idea. Bryan, if he wins, needs a legit victory. Otherwise he becomes a joke.

Could the LeBell Lock work on Henry? Anyway, if Bryan vs Henry really happens, I would let Bryan guillotine choke Henry until he passes out (Henry doesn't tap)

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
10,757 Posts
Yeah, let's set up one of the most boring wrestlers with one of the most overrated.

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
I think people are getting a bit carried with this whole Mark Henry thing. He does his job as a monster heel well but there is no way he should have a lengthy title run, it'd be an absolute disaster. It seems good now him plowing through everybody but think how boring SD! would be if it was him doing this for 6 more months, there's absolutely nowhere he could go with it, like with every monster heel there is absolutely no depth to his character, he'd just be cutting the exact same promo every single week, every single feud would be exactly the same and it would just feel like going through the motions, and all the matches would be average at best. It's ok for him to have it for a month but any longer would just be insane

·
Misawa
2,854 Posts
Okay but explain to me, how would Daniel Bryan legitimately beat Mark Henry? It's just really unrealistic, especially after he beat Orton with such ease. It's not believable enough imo.

I'm a huge DBryan mark but not the smart way to go with it.
Were you watching the right match? A running splash and two worlds strongest slams. That is THREE finishers to get a three count.

As lame as the moves are, they are his finishers, that is far from ease and far from a burial.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
How is Daniel Bryan beating Mark Henry ridiculous? I'm glad it's still real to you.

If you don't buy Bryan as a threat, I guess you never bought Mysterio, Michaels, Austin, Hart or Foley as threats either.

Honestly, if they want to put Daniel Bryan over huge at WrestleMania, like, Triple H vs. face huge, a match against Henry could do it. Have Bryan pull everything out of his hat to beat Henry. If anyone can get a good match out of Henry it's Bryan.

·
Banned
3,978 Posts
Were you watching the right match? A running splash and two worlds strongest slams. That is THREE finishers to get a three count.

As lame as the moves are, they are his finishers, that is far from ease and far from a burial.
Yeah, and the amount of offence that Orton got in that was realistic? Eh about 5% of it, honestly the match looked like Henry let Orton DDT him, I can't explain it. The only offense that looked real from Orton is where he looked like he was punching and kicking for his life.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Lets hope that Henry is off the tv by that time. And Barret or Sheamus is the WHC.
But for what it's worth i would love to see Henry tapout to Bryan...

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Henry's reign would have to be kept fresh and be booked bang on the money for him to keep the belt up till Mania and be involved in a top match on the card. But if it's all part of his send off, and a thank you for the years spent with the company then they might just keep the belt on him that long.

The match with Orton wasnt a great technical match (and lets face it none of Henry's matches will be) but it was the storyline and anticipation surrounding whether Henry was gonna win that made it interesting.

So now Henry needs to have another two matches with Orton...HIAC then Vengeance. Building heavily around the idea that Orton cant beat him or will have to dig deep to find a way to win despite the fact that Orton is a 'x' times w/h & wwe champ. Henry should maintain the upper hand throughout the build up to really drive home that he is unstoppable and then still retain at the ppvs.

Then comes Sheamus' turn. Again the build up that Henry always has the upper hand throughout the build up to any ppv matches between the two. Survivor series - Henry retains, but have plenty of false finishes from Sheamus to make it seem like he is gonna win multiple times throughout the match only for Henry to kick out of everything sheamus throws at him... Like numerous bro (sp?) kicks for example since Sheamus isnt gonna be able to crucifix powerbomb Mark. Maybe come up with a submission as well...The Irish cloverleaf ???

TLC...Table match to end the feud. Same formula again. Build up to the ppv where Sheamus attempts to put Henry through a table on a number of episodes of smackdown but ultimately fails whilst building up Sheamus as the man who won a table match to claim his first every wwe title reign.

Royal Rumble - fued with Big Show and Kane...Big Show comes for his revenge, whilst so does Kane. A mutual respect between both Show and Kane but ultimately both men want revenge for Henry taking them out. Show and Kane come at Henry simultaneously. Kane with his mind games, perhaps with his mask back on, whilst Show just comes at him like a bull in a china shop. Triple threat street fight. Ugly brawl of a match but the stip keeps it entertaining with some hardcore spots to make up for the lack of wrestling showcased in the match.

Elimination chamber - Henry vs Show vs Kane vs Christian vs Orton vs Wade Barrett/ Rhodes - Another big win for Henry seeing off all six men...Perhaps even being the man to pick up all eliminations.

At which point they are already building up to the fact that Bryan is gonna cash in at Mania. And he is gonna do it regardless of whether Henry is still champ or not. Cole will be questioning this...Saying "why would you cash it in against Henry? Are you stupid? What makes you think you can beat this guy?" The usual kind of stuff he would insult Bryan with as well as something like "you should have cashed it in sooner against someone you actually stood a chance of beating." - Cole will be key to building Bryan as a man that has no chance whatsoever if people like Orton, Sheamus, Kane and Big Show cant get the job done against Henry.

come match time - will most definately be one Henry's best match. Big men against small guys is a formula that works really well, especially since Bryan can fly and use that offence against Henry instead of trying to wrestle him which he obviously wont be able to do.

Lots of near falls and false finishes in the match for both guys with Bryan ultimately refusing to give up and kicks out of a few of Henrys big moves or gets rope breaks. Maybe survives a few submission moves from Henry as well. Finishing the match. Bryan cuts Henry down to his knees with kicks to his legs, then goes to town on Henry with kicks to the chest and head which fires the crowd up. Bryan runs the ropes and goes for a shining wizard which Henry intercepts with a bear hug. Byran is in trouble and stars to fade. The ref does the arm drop thing to see if Bryan's out. He gets to to the third time and Bryan fires up...Headbuts Henry a crazy amount of times which releases the bear hug, and then Bryan locks in the guillotine for a third time during the match and Henry fades without tapping out and the ref calls the match.

Thats how i see it, and i think the finish would be absolutely huge.

·
Registered
6,430 Posts
Henry's reign would have to be kept fresh and be booked bang on the money for him to keep the belt up till Mania and be involved in a top match on the card. But if it's all part of his send off, and a thank you for the years spent with the company then they might just keep the belt on him that long.

The match with Orton wasnt a great technical match (and lets face it none of Henry's matches will be) but it was the storyline and anticipation surrounding whether Henry was gonna win that made it interesting.

So now Henry needs to have another two matches with Orton...HIAC then Vengeance. Building heavily around the idea that Orton cant beat him or will have to dig deep to find a way to win despite the fact that Orton is a 'x' times w/h & wwe champ. Henry should maintain the upper hand throughout the build up to really drive home that he is unstoppable and then still retain at the ppvs.

Then comes Sheamus' turn. Again the build up that Henry always has the upper hand throughout the build up to any ppv matches between the two. Survivor series - Henry retains, but have plenty of false finishes from Sheamus to make it seem like he is gonna win multiple times throughout the match only for Henry to kick out of everything sheamus throws at him... Like numerous bro (sp?) kicks for example since Sheamus isnt gonna be able to crucifix powerbomb Mark. Maybe come up with a submission as well...The Irish cloverleaf ???

TLC...Table match to end the feud. Same formula again. Build up to the ppv where Sheamus attempts to put Henry through a table on a number of episodes of smackdown but ultimately fails whilst building up Sheamus as the man who won a table match to claim his first every wwe title reign.

Royal Rumble - fued with Big Show and Kane...Big Show comes for his revenge, whilst so does Kane. A mutual respect between both Show and Kane but ultimately both men want revenge for Henry taking them out. Show and Kane come at Henry simultaneously. Kane with his mind games, perhaps with his mask back on, whilst Show just comes at him like a bull in a china shop. Triple threat street fight. Ugly brawl of a match but the stip keeps it entertaining with some hardcore spots to make up for the lack of wrestling showcased in the match.

Elimination chamber - Henry vs Show vs Kane vs Christian vs Orton vs Wade Barrett/ Rhodes - Another big win for Henry seeing off all six men...Perhaps even being the man to pick up all eliminations.

At which point they are already building up to the fact that Bryan is gonna cash in at Mania. And he is gonna do it regardless of whether Henry is still champ or not. Cole will be questioning this...Saying "why would you cash it in against Henry? Are you stupid? What makes you think you can beat this guy?" The usual kind of stuff he would insult Bryan with as well as something like "you should have cashed it in sooner against someone you actually stood a chance of beating." - Cole will be key to building Bryan as a man that has no chance whatsoever if people like Orton, Sheamus, Kane and Big Show cant get the job done against Henry.

come match time - will most definately be one Henry's best match. Big men against small guys is a formula that works really well, especially since Bryan can fly and use that offence against Henry instead of trying to wrestle him which he obviously wont be able to do.

Lots of near falls and false finishes in the match for both guys with Bryan ultimately refusing to give up and kicks out of a few of Henrys big moves or gets rope breaks. Maybe survives a few submission moves from Henry as well. Finishing the match. Bryan cuts Henry down to his knees with kicks to his legs, then goes to town on Henry with kicks to the chest and head which fires the crowd up. Bryan runs the ropes and goes for a shining wizard which Henry intercepts with a bear hug. Byran is in trouble and stars to fade. The ref does the arm drop thing to see if Bryan's out. He gets to to the third time and Bryan fires up...Headbuts Henry a crazy amount of times which releases the bear hug, and then Bryan locks in the guillotine for a third time during the match and Henry fades without tapping out and the ref calls the match.

Thats how i see it, and i think the finish would be absolutely huge.

you are obviously better than wwe creative
rep for this :D

·
All Out
2,790 Posts
Mark Henry has been with the WWE for 16 years and he's FINALLY got the chance to become World Champion. The man deserves it, and he's really ran with this push. Mark should hold this title for a very long time. He should be booked as this incredible, unbeatable monster heel. He should finish this program with Orton with a clean win at HIAC and then move on to a lengthy program with Sheamus with Henry ultimately coming out on top, CLEANLY. After Sheamus, maybe a program with a face Christian, or a returning Big Show? Anyways, he should be booked this way, going over CLEANLY against top Smackdown superstars and be made to look like the most dominating World Heavyweight Champion in years. He should booked this way until it's time for Daniel Bryan to cash in his money in the bank. By this time, hopefully they have been booking Bryan to look strong and it would be Bryan-Henry at Wrestlemania for the WHC. At this point, you put Bryan over Henry CLEAN to win the World Heavyweight Championship and turning Bryan into a star and legitimate main eventer.

This accomplishes two things: It gives Henry a long lengthy run that he's work hard for and deserves and will make Daniel Bryan into a star on the sport's biggest stage. Book it.
I agree, it would make Bryan look like a legit main eventer right away, a strong kick off for a main event title run for Bryan...

·
Banned
4,921 Posts
Mark Henry is cutting a promo
DB interrupts him and says he's cashing it in right now.
Right when the match starts Henry gets DB and gives him the WSS.
DB kicks out at 1
Henry goes to pick DB up and DB locks him in the Lebell Lock or if Henry's too big guillotine choke.
Henry taps out

·
Misawa
2,854 Posts
Yeah, and the amount of offence that Orton got in that was realistic? Eh about 5% of it, honestly the match looked like Henry let Orton DDT him, I can't explain it. The only offense that looked real from Orton is where he looked like he was punching and kicking for his life.
Physically, Orton is no Cena. If your entire view on this is from how Orton's moves look against Mark Henry, then you got nothing, moves almost always look tamer when done on the really big guys.
The match was about 40/60 as far as offense goes, they made Orton and Henry both look as good as they possibly could in my eyes. It wasn't much of a match, but it was easily the best booked one on the NoC card.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts