Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Well as I recall, Big Show's heel/face career has been like this:

- Started as a heel in his debut in February 1999.

- Turned face later in the year to feud with Big Bossman and win his first ever WWF Championship at Survivor Series.

- Turned heel at the Royal Rumble 2000, when he was last eliminated by The Rock (Well technically The Rock lost)

- He feuded with Rock, HHH and Foley in a Fatal Four Way match for the WWF Championship at WM. Then I think he first turned face in 2001 during the invasion.

- Turned heel again when he was tired of caring kids and hang out with the fans in like the start of 2002.

- He then became a member of the NWO until Vince killed it. He was then on SD! to feud with Brock and Angle (as a heel), and I think he turned face in like 2004, when he returned to feud with Kurt Angle (after Big Show lost to Eddie G, he promised to quit if he lost, so he gave him a chokeslam from 25 feet and left)

- Then he had his longest face run ever from 2004 till 2006, where he turned heel and became ECW Champion.

- Big Show then retired, but returned two years later (still as a heel) to feud with Floyd Maywhether. Big Show turned face when he feuded with The Great Khali.

- Then again Big Show turned heel by knocking out The Undertaker at Unforgiven 2008, they feuded for a while, only to have Big Show move to RAW in 2009, and form a tag team with Jericho, who was on SD!.

- Show remained a heel until he moved once again to SD! in the 2010 draft, where he is now a face.

^. I might have missed something, and if I have, I'm sorry.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Big Show should stay face for the rest of his career. He's really believable at it and he's the one face right now that doesn't make me cringe (though Cena still has his good moments from time to time). Plus he's over as fuck and that's important in an era where the crowd only reacts to a handful of guys on the roster.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Big Show is the type of face in the WWE that is entertaining. He seems to be one of the few people who can pull of a face role now and not suck at it.

In my opinion the good faces are

HHH
Big Show
Christian (although he's a better heel)
Cena has his moments
Randy Ortons face character isnt terrible but its still missing 'something'.
Daniel Bryan was a good face lol.

·
Banned
647 Posts
Big Show has great versatility. Just move him up and down, slide him in the main event when you're running a little dry. Need a new face or heel, Big Show can do both. I kinda like the face Big Show more than heel Big Show.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I remember being so pissed off about his 2004 face turn. Mainly because I wanted Angle to turn face and based on the storyline, Angle was the victim while Big Show was the asshole that put him in a wheelchair for no reason. Added to this Show went on to beat Angle and his stable in a 3 on 1 handicap match on PPV (the match where he used the "F-500" for the win) just made Angle look incredibly weak IMO.

Despite that I've liked all his other face runs.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Anyone else think Big Show should just retire? I mean his character is so out dated and not even interesting. They turn him so much it's bland either way. He's just taking up space literally and figuratively.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Well as I recall, Big Show's heel/face career has been like this:

- Started as a heel in his debut in February 1999.

- Turned face later in the year to feud with Big Bossman and win his first ever WWF Championship at Survivor Series.

- Turned heel at the Royal Rumble 2000, when he was last eliminated by The Rock (Well technically The Rock lost)

- He feuded with Rock, HHH and Foley in a Fatal Four Way match for the WWF Championship at WM. Then I think he first turned face in 2001 during the invasion.

- Turned heel again when he was tired of caring kids and hang out with the fans in like the start of 2002.

- He then became a member of the NWO until Vince killed it. He was then on SD! to feud with Brock and Angle (as a heel), and I think he turned face in like 2004, when he returned to feud with Kurt Angle (after Big Show lost to Eddie G, he promised to quit if he lost, so he gave him a chokeslam from 25 feet and left)

- Then he had his longest face run ever from 2004 till 2006, where he turned heel and became ECW Champion.

- Big Show then retired, but returned two years later (still as a heel) to feud with Floyd Maywhether. Big Show turned face when he feuded with The Great Khali.

- Then again Big Show turned heel by knocking out The Undertaker at Unforgiven 2008, they feuded for a while, only to have Big Show move to RAW in 2009, and form a tag team with Jericho, who was on SD!.

- Show remained a heel until he moved once again to SD! in the 2010 draft, where he is now a face.

^. I might have missed something, and if I have, I'm sorry.
I'll do you one better,

Here is his entire Career from Start to finish lol.

1. [HEEL] Debuts stalking WCW World Champion Hulk Hogan summer of 1995, then wins World Title in his first match ever in October on PPV. Wins second with in first year from Flair, stays heel into summer of 1996
  2. [FACE] Turns face in Summer 1996 to feud with NWO and drops World Title to Hogan at Aug. PPV
  3. [HEEL] Joins NWO just weeks later
  4. [FACE] and a few months later Dec. 1996 kicked out of NWO becoming big baby face for all of 1997 and part of 1998
  5. [HEEL] Joins NWO Black & White, feuds with Wolfpack, Goldberg and takes up smoking for some reason
  6. [DEBUTS WITH WWF as HEEL] Becomes member of Vince McMahons Corp. Feuds with Mankind into Wrestlemania
  7. [FACE} Brief Face run after leaving Vince McMahon's Corp. Starts the Union with Test and Mankind
  8. [HEEL] Still 1999 and is back to being heel tag teaming with Evil Undertaker against Rock n Sock Connection
  9. [Face] Once more in 1999 and switches back to face for second time this year, winning World TItle at Survivor Series and taking ride on casket thanks to big bossman
  10. [heel] 2000, brings us Big Show dropping belt to triple h, then kinda winning the rumble but not so he feuds with The Rock becoming heel and teaming up with Shane McMahon
  11. [FACE] 2000, BIg Show stars lampooning other wrestlers ala Stevie Richards or Charlie Haas and he's lovable again.
  12. [HEEL] Still 2000 BTW, Show is heel again siding with Shane McMahon against American Badass face Undertaker. Formed forgotten group the Conspiracy with Shane, Benoit Kurt Angle and Edge & Christian then left TV for rest of 2000
  13. [FACE] in 2001 was heel when he returned but due to the Invasion and him choosing WWF over the Alliance was a baby again. YEAH!
  14. [HEEL] in 2002 after the draft turned on Austin in tag match to side with Evil Ric Flair, then joined NWO, then kind of hung out...UNTIL HE STARTED FEUD WITH BROCK LESNAR ON smackdown...won world title then became lacky to Kurt Angle. Show Remained heel through out 2002 into 2003 and was us champion for a while.
  15. [FACE] after leaving smackdown for months in 2004, returns as baby face and feuds with Kurt Angle. Angle uses dart gun on Show and shaves his head in the ring...remember this. DID SUMO At mania
  16. [HEEL] in 2006 after feuding with Kane and jumping to ECW turns heel and wins ECW Championship...Remains heel until he retires in December 2006
  17. [face] as a heel, returns and feuds with Floyd Mayweather...thus turning face caus Floyd is a dick.
  18. [Heel] Turns Heel again in 2008 siding with Vickie Guerrero in her feud with Undertaker. Stays heel for rest of Smackdown run into 2009. Has relationship with Vickie Guerrero
  19. [FACE] Stayed heel in 2009 as parnters to Chris Jericho and The Miz but once again became a top baby face in 2010 on Smackdown against Jack Swagger and in time for his new movie

I think thats it

Oh and Big Show didn't retire for two years in 2006 then come back to face Floyd Mayweather it was like two months later

1 - 17 of 17 Posts