Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Mamba Mentality
26,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let the streaming wars commence.

The options are growing as fast as the individual app costs and the total costs to stream hitting the pockets. I cut the cord on cable 4 years ago. Get my entertainment content from various paid, free, and 'other' :side: online sources. I also use Firestick/Firecube in my home and it features a variety of free apps like Mobdro (live TV streaming), Tubi TV, Crackle, and IMDb TV that have free movies and TV shows. And there's always YouTube and social media to access free content.

I'm currently subscribed to:

- TIDAL @ $9.99/month. I must have my music wherever I go!
- Hulu @ $0.99/month. Got a 12-month sub on a Black Friday sale last year.
- WWE Network @ $9.99/month. Got to have my rasslin.

Recently canceled Netflix to test if I will miss it (not really, but kinda). My family and friend who also uses the account haven't said anything, yet. Otherwise, that's like another $17/month.

- I plan on trying Disney+. Maybe bundle it with ESPN+ & Hulu.
- I will try HBO Max. WB's library is deep.
- FX Now's content is piquing my interest too, hmmm...

For now, I'm subscribed to 3-4 paid streaming services at about $460/year. If/when I add Disney+ and HBO Max then I'd roughly be around $680/year on streaming services. That's still better than a cable package which I'd guess is at best like $120/month or $1,440/year.

What about you?

·
Premium Member
44,032 Posts
Right now I have Netflix (currently using to watch Star Trek and a bunch of other older shows), Hulu (currently using to catch up on shows that I miss during the week), Amazon Prime (which TBH, I used less for streaming and more for the free shipping), and WWE Network (which gives me my wrestling fix).

I am going to get the DC streaming service on a part time basis just to watch all the DC animated films I want to see.

Other than that, yeah, no, I'm good.

·
You spent too much time looking at my avatar and s
7,821 Posts
Hulu + Live TV

That's it.. Netflix while it does have the random occasional good series, I can usually just sub to it every 3-4 months, binge it all out in 30 days or less and cancel again..

·
Baby It's Violence
7,122 Posts
NJPW World
Amazon Prime

I live with my parents at the moment who still have cable, which is nice for the live sports aspect. And my dad uses the network for older shows so I just use his account while he uses my amazon account.

But yeah when I live on my own I'll probably do YoutubeTV given that I like their sports package (I need YES network and NBC Sports for my NASCAR and Yankee games).

But I feel like we're rapidly heading towards a place where there are going to be so many different streaming services that will cycle back to something akin to cable. Seems like there are almost too many choices now with too many different options.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Funnily enough, I just cancelled the WWE Netwok.

I am subscribed to NJPW World, Audible and am using my friend's Netflix account and was subscribed to Sky Show for Game of Thrones until May. Also probably gonna get Sky Sports soon for Premier League and Bundesliga.

For the new ones, I think I will just change up what I am subscribed to every few months depending on what I'm watching at the time as I tend to focus on just 1-3 shows at a time.

·
Cutting a Shoot Promo To Get Over
5,464 Posts
I pay £154.40 per year for the license fee (this is a requirement for "normal" TV in the UK, everyone has to pay) so I have access to all the UK shows on demand. Other than that, £9.99 for WWE Network only, but in my head this is very much PPV as I don't subscribe every single month.

I find it very hard to justify subscriptions for anything (no cable, no prime etc). I find it insane some of you guys are spending 4 figures per year on this, but each to there own :)

·
Registered
613 Posts
I actually visited my moms place this week and she has Basic cable. I was surprised to see that I could watch many shows from cable online with a login, watch at my own time and share the account. I never new that. There was so many shows on there that I enjoy to watch over netflix. Amazon Prime video has already started filling in everything with Cable tv add ons that cost additional money to pay for and you have to sift through when browsing there website. It is in Canada currently and may work its way to the USA.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Hulu, Netflix, philo for the wife's trashy reality shows, and Amazon prime.

Speaking of Amazon has anyone watched the boys?! Man! Homelander is the scariest villain I've seen in ages!

Back ot: I hope to get the urltv app pretty soon. I miss battle rap..

·
40,760 Posts
I only have Prime right now. It's mainly because Prime's b-movie catalog is fucking DEEP. I don't really care about or like any of their original shows.

Netflix has some good stuff, but it's simply not enough for me to justify their price on a monthly basis. I only ever sub to Netflix when something good returns or shows up.

I'll consider HBO but mainly because of the deep WB catalog.

I have no interest in Disney or Hulu. Interest in Hulu could change, but it's very doubtful I ever even consider subbing to Disney.

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
Apple Music and I'm on a family plan in which I'm not paying for. Took a 10 month hiatus from Netflix and re-signed up back in June and decided I'm done with their product. I have not had the network since Wrestlemania, but that's the only streaming service I could see myself paying for going forward. I'm back to buying DVDS for my TV shows and movies.

·
The First
42 Posts
Nada. I have access to a Netflix account from a family member, but I never use it.
I don't really know why though lol. Maybe I should start.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
I have the WWE Network and I buy shows on FITE.tv as well. Plus we have the NZ equivalent of cable, Sky. That's it though.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have Hulu, Pandora, Netflix, CBS All Access, ESPN +, and WWE Network. All of them combined cost me about $50 a month. I also have a 10 channel package through my cable operator for $20 a month, and have Pluto TV which is free.

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
WWE Network, NJPW World, Fox+. I'm thinking of adding Amazon Prime just so I can watch The Man in The High Castle, I think they'd be doing S4 soon so the timing couldn't have been better. Besides that, I have no other plans on adding anything else.

Reactions: CamillePunk

·
Registered
248 Posts
I live with my mom, dad, and brother.

They pay for 4 streaming services. My parents pay for Hulu, Starz, and Shudder. My brother pays for Amazon Prime Video.

No, we don't plan on adding more. The above costs almost 30 dollars every month. That's already a lot of money.

Hulu with ads is very cheap, it is 5.99 a month. Shudder is 4.99 a month. I absolutely recommend Shudder, it is like a horror movie fan's dream, it is full of great movies. Shudder is like walking through the horror aisle at your local video shop back in the day.

·
40,760 Posts
Man in the High Castle is great tho.

I have Prime, Netflix, and Spotify. That's good enough for me. No cable/satellite etc.
I can't remember how I lost interest in it but I did. I did enjoy it up to that point I can't remember though. Maybe I'll go back and revisit it

edit: Oh yeah Too Old to Die Young is on prime. Just haven't watched it yet. Soon.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts